Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:53:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] eMunie (EMU) - NOT a BitCoin fork/clone - call for beta testers  (Read 78365 times)
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:15:56 PM

Drop me a line when I can see the code.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:16:53 PM

I'll test it. Sure sounds a lot more interesting than the off the shelf clones.

Will it be open source during the beta as well?

I'm unsure about this, as the purpose of the closed beta is to enable us to discover and iron out any last remaining gotcha's through mass testing.  Putting a git hub up, with the source, at that point wouldn't be wise.

If anyone that is participating would like access to the code "offline" so to speak, for whatever reason, then I'd rather do that until production launch.

Still count me in as a tester, but it will be on a VPS linux box and a windows virtual box until I can compile it myself.

My only worries, is that it becomes open source like Ripple.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
com911

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:19:56 PM

Pretty final, Mulah is slang for money, e....well yeah, EMU as a currency abrev gives us lots of branding options.  so unless you have a better suggestion? Smiley

Right, but slang is not a best way to name money. And it is assotiated with muslim Mullah a little Smiley
Maybe eCash/bitcash or something another.

kimosan

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:20:46 PM

I'm interested in a Beta spot. Is it open source?
Mazakguy

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:21:29 PM

i would help test.  Couple of i7 doing nothing here, that wanna run lol

PM here is fine
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 09:21:38 PM

Still count me in as a tester, but it will be on a VPS linux box and a windows virtual box until I can compile it myself.

You object to open sourcing something such as BitCoin/Ripple etc?

wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:22:49 PM

Nope. My objection, is that they (Ripple) say it will be open source, they've released, and there is no source code for the servers. I'll gladly beta test as I said. If source code isn't available on public release, I don't plan to participate until it is.

.      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:22:58 PM

This is looks like something new. I'm really interested. How can I join?
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:23:04 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 09:45:39 PM by TheSwede75

Sign me up for the closed beta! I love the idea of a new form of Crypto Currency that is not just a copypasta of Bitcoin or Litecoin code. What can I expect as confirmation for the closed beta? What do I need to 'do' to join if anything?

FYI: I work with QA/Product management and have a few fairly high powered desktops (12 core, 64GB ram, 100+ TB of storage, 30 MB internet etc) with VM environment that I can let the project occupy at least a large % of.
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:23:51 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 09:57:52 PM by bulanula

Sign me up too !!! Contact me through PM on here when it starts.
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:24:59 PM

Some more questions I thought of. Will EMU have a json-rpc for programming some automation for like website automation? It would be fun to test these out in beta and have something ready to go for the public release.

Moray

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:27:05 PM

I would like to test it, too, if possible  Smiley
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 09:28:33 PM

Most interesting is that there are really new ideas!

I understand that in your post (as you wrote) not all can be covered..
But some questions and not only want to ask "tester too, to be an early adapter."

one important (for me) will there a maximum of ENU in your system? I like also to think on one with a non maximum (differnet from bitcoin)..

Also the question if the hatching nodes need to go through all transactions until the first block, will this scale with a large list of transactions (i think in bitcoin, yes wehere we have the ~8 GB Blockchain now..)

I know that this is also need to test so
at least this sound interesting and let us see your effords soon

Thanks for the enthusiasm Smiley

There is no set cap target of EMU's, so in theory it's unlimited.  We've opted for a simple 1 EMU per minute volume target (which will be voted on in hourly intervals, so 60 p/h) which gives a nice, steady yearly volume of around 520k EMU's.  Each EMU can be subdivided just like BTC, so granularity isn't a problem.

To your verification question, the backward traversal of the chain will be quite quick, even with many millions of transactions in the system as there is only 1 path to get back to the genesis block.  Forward traversal from the genesis block is more resource hungry as the ledger grows and we have some ideas to mitigate this over time.  That said, as the ledger grows, the amount of work that a hatcher node has had to do to verify that transaction rises, so the proportion of the 80% share allocated to that hatcher will increase, thus they are paid for that work.

iamrickrock

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:31:38 PM

I would be interested in being a beta tester as well. Thanks Smiley

Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 09:31:47 PM

Nope. My objection, is that they (Ripple) say it will be open source, they've released, and there is no source code for the servers. I'll gladly beta test as I said. If source code isn't available on public release, I don't plan to participate until it is.

Ahh I understand.  I've no issue with open source, or providing source on an individual basis pre-production launch.  I just don't want to make it publicly open, with people forking it, when there may be any nasty surprises in there, which is the function of the closed beta, verification.

Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 09:33:09 PM

Some more questions I thought of. Will EMU have a json-rpc for programming some automation for like website automation? It would be fun to test these out in beta and have something ready to go for the public release.

Yep, JSON-RPC will be in there.

wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:34:03 PM

Yep, JSON-RPC will be in there.

Awesome.

Mapuo

Activity: 910
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:36:50 PM

In
iamrickrock

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:37:12 PM

I would like to add that it is great to see someone actually working on something different. Whether it succeeds or fails, it is a breath of fresh air. Thanks.

r3animation

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:37:31 PM

I'll test. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: