Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:02:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] eMunie (EMU) - NOT a BitCoin fork/clone - call for beta testers  (Read 78365 times)
candoo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:56:20 AM

FUCK YOU

Hi,

Thank you for recently expressing you interest in eMunie, the next step in cryptographic currency.

We are pleased to announce that our forums, which will be the hub for all Beta activity, are now open and we invite you to join and participate.

The eMunie forums are located http://forum.emunie.com

We hope to see you there and thank you for your support.

Best Regards

The eMunie Team

THANKS FOR MAKING MY EMAIL PUBLIC TO EVERYONE!!

YOU USED THE "CC" FEATURE

Von:    Contact@eMunie <contact@emunie.com>
An:   

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
qiuness

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:59:11 AM

the site is down
Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:06:00 AM

I want to test it.
mercSuey

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:17:16 AM

FUCK YOU

Hi,

Thank you for recently expressing you interest in eMunie, the next step in cryptographic currency.

We are pleased to announce that our forums, which will be the hub for all Beta activity, are now open and we invite you to join and participate.

The eMunie forums are located http://forum.emunie.com

We hope to see you there and thank you for your support.

Best Regards

The eMunie Team

THANKS FOR MAKING MY EMAIL PUBLIC TO EVERYONE!!

YOU USED THE "CC" FEATURE

Von:    Contact@eMunie <contact@emunie.com>
An:   

Hmm.  And yet, they want to implement an 'anonymous' messing service.  Funny.
bahamapascal

Activity: 695

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:02:15 AM

Looks promising, seems simmeler to an Idea I had for a crypto currency, but I never had the motivation of starting a dev tem^^
So +1 to you Smiley

Also, would love to participate in the beta, how do I proceed?
Or is it alrady to late?

Thanks, and keep up the great work !
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 03:53:07 PM

ok i just read all of that - i just love this shit  {wish i could have filtered the "i'll sign up!!1 you are rocks!, much loves!"}

the name is obviously horrid , but the upside is at least it doesn’t matter this time …

if it isn't pulled apart after beta - and is actually used in transactions everyone will just shorten it to "e" anyhow.

“do you accept E ?”

The other guy (Anony..) that was ranting an raving about the randomness of the order in the Decrits topics ignored me after i said  " why not let the network determine that"

then i stumbled upon this - so i guess i got my answer ...., I’m no beta - but I’ll sign up - i looked at your profile on the eMunie forum and you have one of those super legit photos, so i guess this has to be legit, consider me in.

- Free power
- Friend in network engineering
-Access to Server farms
- Literally boxes of free RAM
- BTC devs 51% attacking alts

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
minerapia

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 04:43:15 PM

This must have been pointed out before but
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_and_Monetary_Union_of_the_European_Union
Maybe take second guess with the coin abbreviation. As to me (and many other europeans, maybe) EMU is allready taken.

donations -> btc: 1M6yf45NskQxWXknkMTzQ8o6wShQcSY4EC
                   ltc: LeTpCd6cQL26Q1vjc9kJrTjjFMrPhrpv6j
owsleybeatsbigcartel

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 08:24:28 PM

This must have been pointed out before but
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_and_Monetary_Union_of_the_European_Union
Maybe take second guess with the coin abbreviation. As to me (and many other europeans, maybe) EMU is allready taken.

l~ ets invade Europe = NOT
 Cool

LOL
owsleybeatsbigcartel

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 08:25:21 PM

eMunie (EMU) Announcement

Production launch: 21st June 2013
Beta (test) launch: ~14th June 2013 (slipped)

Before moving on I would like to make it clear that eMunie is NOT a fork of the BitCoin code, or any alt-coin that has been derived from the BitCoin release by Satoshi.  

eMunie is a decentralized, cryptographic currency, which is planned for launch in June 2013 and includes a number of innovations which will push crypto-currencies to the next stage.  

It is a secure, energy efficient system, which is self regulating and discourages "hoarding" as a whole, the aim of which to enable a more stable, reliable currency and value store.

We have a "closed beta" launch date on our test network due around the 7th of June, and I would like to call upon any interested party that would like to assist us, to get in touch with me.  I'll provide more details on this later in the post.

So whats different

eMunie has similarities to current crypto-currencies by way of a public ledger, blocks and transactions.  These however, are where the similarities end and innovation for a better system comes into action.

The network is composed of clients, seeders and hatchers, the functions of which will be explained in this announcement.  Any node can take task in one, or any combination of these roles dependent on the users wishes.

The network is resiliant to any type of "51%" attack, as the models required to perform such an attack are not present.

Currency generation within the network is a collaborative effort, and created currency is distributed according to a set of requirements.  This distribution should help to ward against hoarding, which can further lead to volatility of the currency.

The network performs extensive verification of itself, more so than the BitCoin algorithms, to ensure that all participants are honest nodes and for additional security overall.

A secure, anonymous peer 2 peer messaging system is built into the network, allowing secure, untraceable communications between 2 or more parties.

How it works

Transactions are similar in nature to BitCoin, each transaction has inputs and outputs which are signed.  Once a transaction is created, a "hatching" node is discovered, a verification request is sent, and if accepted, the transaction is forwarded to that node for verification.  At this point the hatching node, which has an entire, complete copy of all network transactions, performs verification of the submitted transaction (more about this later).  Once verified, the hatching node includes the transaction in the next block created, signs the block and hands that block to an additional hatching node.  This secondary hatching node performs the same verification with the newly created block, and if verified, signs it also, and broadcasts the new block into the network.  

Hatching nodes have a copy of all transactions and all public keys involved in these transactions.  Upon receiving a new transaction, the hatcher performs a full verification of the entire transaction chain backwards to the genesis block, and forward from the genesis block, simulating all the historic transactions and ensuring that 2 true, identical paths are always found.

Hatchers" can assign minimum fee's for this service to generate additional income, and any transaction verification request that does not fulfill the minimum set fee is ignored. Of course, transactions can be processed for free as this has additional benefits as explained below.

The delay time for a transaction to be included within a new, verified block should be nominal.

Currency generation is a collaborative effort between n-client nodes and a hatching node.  Each node in the system will cast a vote to a random hatching node to whether to create a currency unit (EMU).  Creation volume of currency over time is confined to a specified target interval to maintain a steady flow of new EMU's.  As the hatching nodes have the information available of all newly created EMU's, they are able to select the correct vote threshold for the generation of new EMU's.  If the collective vote is a success a number of EMU units are created and are distributed around the system in the following manner:

• As all hatching nodes have a complete transaction history, they are able to determine the hatching nodes that have done the most work in the system, 80% of the generated units are distributed to all hatching nodes in the system proportional to the amount of work they have done verifying transactions.
  • The remaining 20% of generated units are distributed around the system to all clients, the percentage of which will be proportional to the amount of EMU units within that account, this is similar to interest.

Generated units are signed collectively by the nodes that voted for its creation, and also by the hatching nodes that co-verified it.  These signatures can then be checked by successive hatching nodes upon receiving the new block to ensure that the EMU unit generation is legitimate.

Benefits

Some benefits of eMunie may be obvious, other may not, so allow me to provide a simple breakdown.

• High security
  • Fast transaction times
  • Energy efficient
  • "Fairer" system, all participants receive reward for work & adoption
  • Difficult to crash value through hoarding then dumping
  • More stability (we hope)
  • Secure messaging[/il]
Other thoughts

Currently we are exploring the option of backing eMunie with USD, current proposals are a pre-allocation of 100k EMU units, backed by an as yet undecided amount of USD currency in the region of $50k-100k+   To complement this, we will either produce an exchange where individuals can trade EMU's for USD quickly and easily, or via a partnership with a current exchange.  If any current exchanges would like to discuss this possibility, please do feel free to get in touch with me.

Finally

We are looking for interested parties that would be willing to help us with our closed beta.  This is to enable us to do full stress testing of the system on a test network to ensure that any major lurking issues are caught and resolved before our production launch of 21st June.  Any person that participates will be awarded an allocation of EMU's upon launch, and will be privy to a mention of their choosing (real or pseudonym) on our website when launched and within the default client.

Of course this small post does not answer all questions, nor give all details on the eMunie system.  We are drafting our final paper on our algorithms and implementation currently and this will be released in the near future.

Thanks for reading, hopefully I've covered enough points to provide a complete idea how eMunie will work and I look forward to feedback and questions.

EDIT:  So we took everyone's advice and suggestions, had a sit down brainstorm and decided upon a new name, eMunie.  Surprisingly all domains were available also, so we're now on a buying spree Smiley

EDIT 2:  Added beta sign up page on http://emunie.com   Currently nothing there other than a coming soon page and a way to register your interest, sorry folks.

EDIT 3:  eMunie forums are up, any beta testers or other interested parties please discuss eMunie there.  It's obviously blank at the moment, so get a bunch of "firsts" posts in for bragging rights when eMunie is a success Smiley

2 beta wave come in yet? =) TIA!!!
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:31:47 PM

I will be typing emoney.com when someone mentions this new service to me.

Has anyone analyzed the randomization requirement that impacts every decentralized currency's security?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=189239.msg2468266#msg2468266

I believe that to be fundamental.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 02:58:39 AM

I will be typing emoney.com when someone mentions this new service to me.

Has anyone analyzed the randomization requirement that impacts every decentralized currency's security?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=189239.msg2468266#msg2468266

I believe that to be fundamental.
^^^^

LOL ! : D

I’m partly responsible for this , but i do want to see the discussion, I think AnonyMint will figure out what i said , when he couldn't understand my question, about a network deciding.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
AnonyMint

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:18:00 AM

but i do want to see the discussion

I will not be discussing over here in this thread. I expended too much time already.

My logic is in the linked thread.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 05:35:36 AM

but i do want to see the discussion

I will not be discussing over here in this thread. I expended too much time already.

My logic is in the linked thread.

Ok well that's fine , and thank you for your criticism we (humans) need critical thinking , but I guess you will find out either way after beta testing , so I doubt anyone will argue it anyhow.

I'm glad these devs are doers , and not just thinkers.

That's not to say I think etlas is just thinking , e could have Been in development for years , for all I know.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
BeneQ

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:15:38 AM

Hi

I just requested  Beta test  accesss  with  email   begining with   bem......@yahoo.com
Gordon Bleu

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

verified ✔

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 10:41:21 AM

Can i buy Chikun and Watermelun with eMunie ?

That Name

GAWMiners http://gawminers.com/ Gridseed ASICS in stock in USA
ONE YEAR FREE HOSTING AND ELECTRICITY WITH PURCHASE!

AROUSR.COM The Adult Chat Community (21+) We now accept BTCitcoins Smiley               |
Connect with hot girls for chat, talk, trade pics and more!➠Visit http://arousr.com (21+)|
junglist.massive

Activity: 759

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 04:11:29 PM

I want to be a tester!
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 08:21:29 PM

Great!  Go here forum.emunie.com sign up, we'll be taking the 2nd wave in a couple of days.

AnonyMint

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 03:22:36 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=189239.msg2496140#msg2496140

daggerismo

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 03:43:35 AM

i want to be a tester... can i???

mrvegad

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 02:14:30 PM

Great!  Go here forum.emunie.com sign up, we'll be taking the 2nd wave in a couple of days.

"Signing up" on this thread is not enough? What else changed since your starting post?
He did make a post earlier in the thread tthat people should head over to the emunie forum to sign up plus i was sent a pm about the new forum.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: