Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:09:06 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: coins4charity  (Read 2036 times)
WikiLeaksLover (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:29:03 PM

Here's what I've seen from OP (writing to put it on record):

Claims to be starting a charity and taking donations in pretty much all coins
I removed addresses from the post, newbie creating a charity seems sketchy/scammy to me
Searched the BTC donation address on google and it linked me to http://www.coinbit.pw/
http://www.coinbit.pw/ talked about taking donations to be used to create a no fee exchange
OP edits (what I believe is) his webpage to remove donation addresses
Addresses removed from OP.  They are just a copy/paste from http://www.coinbit.pw/ (claiming to be a feeless exchange).  I'm 99% sure OP is a scammer just trying to get money.

what? there arent even any addresses in that page

I check google cache, webpage shows the addresses that matched OPs charity donation addresses.  OP finally admits being caught
Addresses removed from OP.  They are just a copy/paste from http://www.coinbit.pw/ (claiming to be a feeless exchange).  I'm 99% sure OP is a scammer just trying to get money.

what? there arent even any addresses in that page

I'm willing to bet it's your page and you changed it to take away the donation addresses.  You can still pull them up using google cache, good try OP but you still failed.

so i'm trying to fund my exchange. you caught me.

for the record though, i do plan on getting a .org and running the charity for Free Software Foundation, Wikileaks, and The Non Profit Recycling and Exchange Network. These are all very valuable charities,  The recycling and exchange network pariticularly, since it recycles computers we consider worthless in 1st world countrys and passes them on to less fortunate places in the world. and there is a role to be filled. these charities only accept bitcoin donations, and they need to be accepting altcoin donations as well. i thought a good medium of exchange would be to accept these and trade them on an escrow service for btc. really i was trying to kill two birds with one stone: create a charity and start a fee-less exchange, powered by tribalfusion CPM advertising. I guess i hate the fact that every exchange i make on <insert cryptocurrency site here> is making the owner rich in way of 15-30% fees.
yeah, it is my domain page. i edited because you were killing any chance of me ever getting either project off the ground by running your fat fuckin mouth. i decided to go with diplomacy and put the page backup, admit the truth and take my chances that that would be good enough to save face.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:02:20 PM

yeah, it is my domain page. i edited because you were killing any chance of me ever getting either project off the ground by running your fat fuckin mouth. i decided to go with diplomacy and put the page backup, admit the truth and take my chances that that would be good enough to save face.

Trying to shine light on some sketchy looking activity and possibly saving people from giving money away for nothing is "running my fat fuckin mouth"?  Well I plan to keep on running my 'fat fuckin mouth' in the newbie section, I'm just here trying to protect the masses.

If you want to start a new project be honest about it, lying about intentions and then trying to cover them up is not the way to go.
Ghost42

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:26:43 PM

If you want to start a new project be honest about it, lying about intentions and then trying to cover them up is not the way to go.

Thanks for saying it so clearly. You hit the nail on the head.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:58:47 PM

this isn't a scam. i maketed the idea with the best chance of getting funding. this is a common marketing practice.

Some of my other projects

openCAPTCHA(BETA)

http://coinbit.pw/captcha.php

N-jin Search(1.3.5 fork 1)
http://coinbit.pw/search/search.php

generic cryptofaucet(v2--released)
working on version three.
version 2 can be seen in action at

http://1gld.us

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Phoenixdown

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:36:07 PM

If you bought a domain for bitcoins, use it to help out instead of lying to us. Make something new that we need. Start a faucet with microtransactions and ads to fund it, or make something entirely new. In all honesty, I avoid donating to charities with bitcoins (what's the point? Just use real money), but I'm more than willing to donate to something that is productive.
Although honestly, now that you've already lied to us, it's difficult to trust anything you say from now on.
r3wt

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:54:26 PM

If you bought a domain for bitcoins, use it to help out instead of lying to us. Make something new that we need. Start a faucet with microtransactions and ads to fund it, or make something entirely new. In all honesty, I avoid donating to charities with bitcoins (what's the point? Just use real money), but I'm more than willing to donate to something that is productive.
Although honestly, now that you've already lied to us, it's difficult to trust anything you say from now on.

Um hello, donating alt coins to charity IS new because no one is currently doing so. and as to your point about me lying, i never actually lied about anything. i just never disclosed that i was gonna use 5% to fund my feeless cryptocoin escrow startup, because i didn't want someone to steal my idea.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
lexusmike

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:58:32 PM

Kind of ironic that the thread after this says "Newbies post your scam here!"

You should be promoting positive bitcoin feedback and not negative scam ideas like this one
nmersulypnem

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:00:56 PM

These scam posts should be removed and OP banned.
r3wt

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:02:02 PM

not a scam... i showed you 4 projects i've already completed. what more do you want from me?

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 03:40:54 PM

You think if I wanted to open a pizzeria it's ok to go around asking for donations to kids with leukemia? Wtf is wrong with you.

WikiLeaksLover (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 03:49:48 PM

You think if I wanted to open a pizzeria it's ok to go around asking for donations to kids with leukemia? Wtf is wrong with you.

way to equate WikiLeaks Charity to Leukemia. Kill yourself troll.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 03:50:47 PM

So you wouldn't steal donations for kids. At least you have some morals.

WikiLeaksLover (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 03:52:49 PM

So you wouldn't steal donations for kids. At least you have some morals.

wasn't stealing. i was offering a service that more or less leveraged the cryptsy api to convert alt coins to bitcoin, take a 5%cut and send the remainder(95%) to charitable organizations: WikiLeaks, Free Software Foundation. Free Recycling and Exchange Network. Thank you for trolling.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 04:00:15 PM

You weren't transparent. Do you know what that means?

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 04:01:23 PM

Don't you understand that if you were up front we would have supported you? And even gave donations meant just fit you. But you lied.

WikiLeaksLover (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 04:05:50 PM

Don't you understand that if you were up front we would have supported you? And even gave donations meant just fit you. But you lied.

I didn't lie though. i wanted to keep the escrow exchange a secret before some bigshot with tons of cash came in and muscled me out. don't you understand?
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 04:47:24 PM

You didn't have to mention that part, just the rest, like you taking 5%

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 06:36:29 PM

No begging, either work for them or scam like this guy.

WikiLeaksLover (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:21:40 AM

No begging, either work for them or scam like this guy. ME
FTFY
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 01:23:59 AM

Yup scam like him. But use me as an escrow so you don't get scammed too badly.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: