Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:36:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is Airdrop?  (Read 415 times)
ajiejot (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:49:17 PM

I'm confused about Airdrop guys, anyone can explain it in short way? Like how it works and why?
Thank you..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:01:54 PM

Airdrop is way of distributing newly made altcoin to the people/community. Basically, the dev giving out free coin to every people who registered in the coin airdrop.

Why? To gain some initial adoption from the people, I think. Also maybe it has something to do with the coin goals. For example, Stellar Lumens (STR/XLM) is planning to giveaway 95% of its total supply to the community. The reason has to do with their goal, that is to achieve a more inclusive digital economy and to expand the reach of their network.

Reference: https://www.stellar.org/lumens/
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:03:20 PM

I'm confused about Airdrop guys, anyone can explain it in short way? Like how it works and why?
Thank you..
Just like you are getting a free coin as a charity from the developers, Just sign through made a pm to the developers and you will be able to receive your airdrop token which that was a very easy task to do that.
But most of them are ended to be the crap coin. Just 1 or 2 airdrop token become worth to invest.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
gamzuletova

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 10:08:39 PM

Thank you..
Just like you are getting a free coin as a charity from the developers, Just sign through made a pm to the developers and you will be able to receive your airdrop token which that was a very easy task to do that.
But most of them are ended to be the crap coin. Just 1 or 2 airdrop token become worth to invest.

So basically you're saying that most of the time a coin with airdrop will end up like crap coin?

▌▌   Blockchain powered Healthcare solutions     ›› ››   SSOT Health Blockchain  ‹‹ ‹‹     Re-engineer the Healthcare industry [    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  Twitter Telegram group  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   SEHR Pre-Sale NOW   |||   ✅ Verified by Clearify.io    ▌▌
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:18:54 PM

Thank you..

So basically you're saying that most of the time a coin with airdrop will end up like crap coin?

Not exactly, I mean only a few airdrop coins have become huge but they do take time. Byteball, Omisego, Steller just a few I can think of that made people a lot of money. But lets keep in mind that you're receiving free coins, complaining is un-necessary.

Campaign Manager (2018)
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:48:36 PM

Airdrops are free tokens or coins for pretty much doing nothing but signing up and qualifying for them.  Sometimes they do have requirements like owning a certain token first and they will airdrop a new released token to all the addresses that contain the other token. 
ajiejot (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:04:04 PM

Airdrop is way of distributing newly made altcoin to the people/community. Basically, the dev giving out free coin to every people who registered in the coin airdrop.

Why? To gain some initial adoption from the people, I think. Also maybe it has something to do with the coin goals. For example, Stellar Lumens (STR/XLM) is planning to giveaway 95% of its total supply to the community. The reason has to do with their goal, that is to achieve a more inclusive digital economy and to expand the reach of their network.

Reference: https://www.stellar.org/lumens/

Thank you for that very good answer, now I know. Do you have any idea where I can monitor or I can see some Airdrop registration or campaign? Or in this section also? Don't have any idea at all.
thebatletbet

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:25:15 PM

airdrop same or equal with bounty
but if airdrop low task or without task, ussualy only write addres or send addres
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:35:48 PM

Thank you for that very good answer, now I know. Do you have any idea where I can monitor or I can see some Airdrop registration or campaign? Or in this section also? Don't have any idea at all.

Every coin, both airdrop and not, make an announcement in the Announcement (Altcoins) section when they were released. The problem is there are too many altcoins in the announcement section while only a few give an airdrop so those airdrop coins might be hard to spot.

As an altenative, I found this thread that compiles recently released airdrop coins. Look at the OP and latest reply to spot some new airdrop coins. Here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2164165.0
tobatz23

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:58:17 PM

there is also same topic like what you ask for/ what you need to know https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2132176.0.. just an advice my friend, you should explore the forum, search and read and not just start a topic that you might not know that there is also same topic as you started.
leslie4u

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:12:09 AM

Like everyone said Airdrop is when a dev decides to give some free coins as part of new coin promotion. This is done to create more awareness of the new coin within the audience. Many just accumulate these coins and sell it in exchange as soon as it gets listed. This sometimes can be bad for the coin as the dumpers just wait for a chance to dump the coin and walk away.
happyhours

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 12:38:10 AM

You can monitor upcoming and ongoing Airdrops on this site https://airdropalert.com/. You can also check Altcoin Announcemnet thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0

camodude009

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:49:49 AM

airdrop is give you some free coins,you just need do something on rule,now i joined pospoken airdrop,and i want to join deeponion airdrop,you know deeponion is a good project,i think i will join deeponion in next week,good luck to you
BeggarInCryptos

Activity: 401
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:55:13 AM

Thank you..

Not exactly, I mean only a few airdrop coins have become huge but they do take time. Byteball, Omisego, Steller just a few I can think of that made people a lot of money. But lets keep in mind that you're receiving free coins, complaining is un-necessary.

As far as I've read, also NEM to some extend was airdropped in the beginning in 2014 and those who took those coins and didn't sell them as NEM rose in price now have over 1 million $. This is what I've read. I am one of this who DID NOT take those free coins. Of course, most of the time you get an airdrop you probably end up with bags full of shitcoins Smiley But you never know before...

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: