Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:42:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-05-30 Motley Fool: Bitcoins Are Just the Worst Idea Ever  (Read 9664 times)
n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:46:12 AM

Yet another dying content provider desperately trolling for page hits.  Resist the urge to feed it.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/05/30/bitcoins-are-just-the-worst-idea-ever.aspx
Seal
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 03:51:19 AM

That headline was so last year. I'm not even going to bother wasting my time reading it.

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:16:59 AM

That headline was so last year. I'm not even going to bother wasting my time reading it.

Trust me, you made a good decision.  There is more insight to be gained from 5 minutes of staring at your ceiling than from reading that article.
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:19:43 AM

Yeap I am stupid enough to click on the link and wasted 5 minutes of my life Sad .  I think the prejudice they have against Bitcoin really runs deepppppp
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 04:20:00 AM

Such as a stupid article, does the author actually get paid for the garbage or is it just a user submission?
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:21:16 AM

I think the prejudice they have against Bitcoin really runs deepppppp
There's no longer any such thing as journalists who no longer "get" Bitcoin. There are only late adopters trolling for a lower entry point.
01BTC10
VIP

Merit: 503

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:22:12 AM

Read it all. What a foolish journalist.
Seal
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 04:40:31 AM

Yeap I am stupid enough to click on the link and wasted 5 minutes of my life Sad .  I think the prejudice they have against Bitcoin really runs deepppppp

Lol i'm finding it hard to resist the urge... I'm like the kid who goes and does what he's told not to do. Even though I know its for my own good.

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
silicont

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:03:10 AM

The worst 'piece' I've ever read on the Fool.  Utterly worthless.
pocketkangs

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:06:04 AM

You can buy GOLD with Btc.If you can buy a currency that is as liquid as gold with BTC, then there is no other way to slice it! It's a currency.
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:55:11 AM

Yet another dying content provider desperately trolling for page hits.  Resist the urge to feed it.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/05/30/bitcoins-are-just-the-worst-idea-ever.aspx

And you're not even going to do us the favor of quoting a few excerpts? Almost sounds like you want the article to get hits.  Tongue

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:11:42 AM

Motley Fool was discredited back in 2000 for the investment strategy they advocated called the Foolish Four.  They have been aimless and irrelevant ever since.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foolish_Four

solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:14:18 AM

Lol i'm finding it hard to resist the urge... I'm like the kid who goes and does what he's told not to do. Even though I know its for my own good.

If you can't resist reading the Motley Fool piece, and want to rinse your mouth out afterwards, here is the perfect antidote from Bloomberg:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-30/bitcoin-the-perfect-schmuck-insurance.html

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:15:16 AM

Yet another dying content provider desperately trolling for page hits.  Resist the urge to feed it.

And you're not even going to do us the favor of quoting a few excerpts? Almost sounds like you want the article to get hits.  Tongue

I felt unclean after reading it...and going through it again for excerpts seemed more unpleasant and futile than sifting barehanded in search of diamonds through a pile of rhino dung.

Then again, perhaps the contrarian investor in me subconsciously wants to him to stay employed and keep writing negative articles...feeding the proverbial wall of worry.
worldinacoin

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:39:06 AM

If you can't resist reading the Motley Fool piece, and want to rinse your mouth out afterwards, here is the perfect antidote from Bloomberg:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-30/bitcoin-the-perfect-schmuck-insurance.html

Chamath Palihapitiya!  Two Thumbs Up!  That's the best I can do unless I take off my shoes!  His is a great piece!
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:47:10 AM

"The truth is, we know nothing of what goes on at Bitcoin headquarters."

Quick, someone invite Mr. Lewis to tour the Bitcoin headquarters so he can find what goes on!   Roll Eyes

To help him, the secret Bitcoin Headquarters is built inside the extinct volcano on this island:

oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:03:07 AM

Quick, someone invite Mr. Lewis to tour the Bitcoin headquarters so he can find what goes on!   Roll Eyes

I know exactly what's going on, how much can I get paid for posting that? Wink

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 07:35:37 AM

Quick, someone invite Mr. Lewis to tour the Bitcoin headquarters so he can find what goes on!   Roll Eyes

I know exactly what's going on, how much can I get paid for posting that? Wink

I know what's going on...Gentlemen BEHOLD!

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:49:24 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2013, 08:00:20 AM by freedomno1

What's their to feed
Regulations Taxation get a seal and were done here

Chamath Palihapitiya!  Two Thumbs Up!  That's the best I can do unless I take off my shoes!  His is a great piece!

That was refreshing thanks

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Gordonium

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:32:06 AM

Quick, someone invite Mr. Lewis to tour the Bitcoin headquarters so he can find what goes on!   Roll Eyes

To help him, the secret Bitcoin Headquarters is built inside the extinct volcano on this island:

+1
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: