Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:46:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-05-30 Motley Fool: Bitcoins Are Just the Worst Idea Ever  (Read 9666 times)
Seal
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 11:44:41 AM

"The truth is, we know nothing of what goes on at Bitcoin headquarters."

Quick, someone invite Mr. Lewis to tour the Bitcoin headquarters so he can find what goes on!   Roll Eyes

I know exactly what's going on, how much can I get paid for posting that? Wink

I know what's going on...Gentlemen BEHOLD!

That, next to your boxing lolcat... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
ManBearPig

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 11:58:12 AM

Scanned his other articles, one stood out in which he bigs up the Xbox One.

He clearly has a feel for market sentiment doesn't he?

He writes what he's paid to write.

I tweet crypto nonsense: https://twitter.com/DunningKruger_
leemar

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:57:47 PM

I suspect you could beat any index by doing exactly the opposite of what the MF tells you to do.
xenon481

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:10:14 PM

[...] government-defying Super Mario coins.

[...] this is a giant pile of e-nonsense

Perhaps there will soon be a Bitcoin Redemption Center, where for 1,000 Bitcoins you have the choice of a Styrofoam helicopter, a stuffed Pikachu doll, or a sharing-size box of Everlasting Gobstoppers.

Do you ever get that message from John St. Crucible, the missionary from Nigeria who uses far too many articles in his requests for $70,000 sent via Western Union to the Church where he works? Check your spam -- I guarantee you he thinks your investment will pay off in the millions within two weeks. This is the same league.

The truth is, we know nothing of what goes on at Bitcoin headquarters.

We also know that if you lose a life while playing Mortal Kombat, your $129 Bitcoin can probably buy you another.

[...] Pig Latin of currencies.

Tips Appreciated: 171TQ2wJg7bxj2q68VNibU75YZB22b7ZDr
Missionary

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 04:15:06 PM

Are you sure that this article is not written in pure irony?

I am an evangelical missionary heading to China. Donations are welcome here (dedicated wallet): 1H8iswayfTaRb6oe2WjMCRmchBJHYyfx9z
You can find more information about my plans here: http://btcmission.com
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:21:53 PM

Read it all. What a foolish journalist.
Well... in his defense he is disclosing that he is a fool. And posting at fool.com.
I think his foolishness is spot on.  Wink

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
leemar

Activity: 193

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:30:51 PM

Read it all. What a foolish journalist.
Well... in his defense he is disclosing that he is a fool. And posting at fool.com.
I think his foolishness is spot on.  Wink

LMAO!
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:36:15 PM

Look at all the pageviews you are giving them!

I refused to click on the link.
bb999

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:40:45 PM

The worst 'piece' I've ever read on the Fool.  Utterly worthless.

Motley Fool has long been a joke, they were one of the original newsletter scammers and their business model has not changed, as the OP states the headline is trolling for clicks like this is 2003
Morblias

Activity: 576
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:03:26 PM

This journalist is probably also someone who in 1990 said, "The internet is stupid. Who would use something like that? Worst idea ever."

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 03:44:43 AM

No, this article is the worst idea ever. Not even the jokes are funny. And it seems to mostly be an attempt at humor.

Wow, it's amazing how misinformed they are.

I don't expect much from the fool though. They are just a scam to get you to pay them for their overpriced and probably randomly picked stock tips.
daviducsb

Activity: 155

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 03:49:58 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2013, 04:10:52 AM by daviducsb

Their trolling "articles" are notoriously useless. I always leave unsavory comments because the next person can see them, and lo and behold I've seen others do the same thing. I'm not gonna click on the link, but if anyone does, at least leave a comment to offset the page view Wink
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:51:16 AM

[...] government-defying Super Mario coins.

[...] this is a giant pile of e-nonsense

Perhaps there will soon be a Bitcoin Redemption Center, where for 1,000 Bitcoins you have the choice of a Styrofoam helicopter, a stuffed Pikachu doll, or a sharing-size box of Everlasting Gobstoppers.

Do you ever get that message from John St. Crucible, the missionary from Nigeria who uses far too many articles in his requests for $70,000 sent via Western Union to the Church where he works? Check your spam -- I guarantee you he thinks your investment will pay off in the millions within two weeks. This is the same league.

The truth is, we know nothing of what goes on at Bitcoin headquarters.

We also know that if you lose a life while playing Mortal Kombat, your $129 Bitcoin can probably buy you another.

[...] Pig Latin of currencies.

I would have been incensed had I actually given that author a click and then read this drivel.

It's amazing, the mindset of folks unable to comprehend that ideas, technology, art, and all manner of abstract things can be just as important, valuable and real as material objects. It's almost like dealing with children, and particularly dull ones at that.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: