Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:18:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY NEWBIES KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTION " ITS TO LATE TO START MINING ?  (Read 17747 times)
Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:30:02 PM

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY NEWBIES KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTION " ITS TO LATE TO START MINING , IT IS STILL PROFITABLE ?"

Because they are noobs. You were a noob once too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phantoms001

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:52:42 PM

I am looking to get into mining but not in a big way. I just want to buy one or two GPUs and put into my existing computer. I figure if nothing else I can SLI them together for gaming...

SLI is dead, the new games stopped supporting it.
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:04:49 PM

I am looking to get into mining but not in a big way. I just want to buy one or two GPUs and put into my existing computer. I figure if nothing else I can SLI them together for gaming...

The perfect reason to mine with a gpu or two.

And why it is never too late to start mining for a gamer.

Thanks for the encouragement! From the looks of things around here most people are hostile to new miners. While I know I missed the boat so to speak, I am only doing it as a hobby, and as you said I can game with the cards as well.

I am looking to put them in a open air frame though, as running inside my PC case is quite warm even with extra fans. Does anyone else run their gaming PC in an open air design, or run a dual gaming mining rig?
In order to use the GPU for mining we need to change the BIOS and install on a computer of miner's driver. This helps to increase the speed of production and reduces the temperature of the chips. If you only have one GPU you are using for the game you will have a sense to buy for a few dollars the old PC and use it for mining. Rearrange this PC, the GPU will take a few minutes. At the same time to play and get coins, you still will not be able.
binkyj357

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:07:24 PM

Thanks for the encouragement! From the looks of things around here most people are hostile to new miners. While I know I missed the boat so to speak, I am only doing it as a hobby, and as you said I can game with the cards as well.

I am looking to put them in a open air frame though, as running inside my PC case is quite warm even with extra fans. Does anyone else run their gaming PC in an open air design, or run a dual gaming mining rig?

Built my first GPU rig w/ one of these www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L0ORH96/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Pretty much wide open for airflow. Planning on using it to play games once I get more cards and need to build an actual rig. Right now, it holds a 1050ti and 1060 mounted facing forward. Probably not the cheapest open air route to take, but it looks pretty cool IMO
Bulletdodger

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:57:47 AM

This should be sticky on all subforums here. Tongue

_
Mr_Snipes

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 10:55:12 AM

someone pls make this beautyful capslock-manifest a sticky  Grin
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 06:24:46 PM

Why Can't you tell the approximate ROI for a giving country and electricity price? Seriously, im just curious don't get it.

Basically this:

Why Can't you tell the approximate ROI for a giving country and electricity price? Seriously, im just curious don't get it.

I can tell you the exact roi , if you can tell me the following information for the next six months or a year ahead:
DASH/FIAT exchange rate, day buy day for 6 months or a year
DASH/BTC exchange rate, day buy day for 6 months or a year
Dash network difficulty, day buy day for 6 months or a year
Dash network hashrate change, day buy day for 6 months or a year

Any projection based on current stats that you ask from experienced users basically just comes from some sort of online mining profitability calculator. Again, you can do your own research here.

Nobody's going to fudge factor difficulty and price changes for you in a way that could possibly be defended as a reasonable "approximation". Additionally, you should know far more about your specific electricity costs than anybody else.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
suprnurd

Activity: 250
Merit: 12

Support Guru

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 05:20:58 PM

I build rigs with these https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IZP68RK/

Use cable ties to hold the gpu's in place and cut out some plyboard for the base.

One shelf unit can fit 6 rigs but I just use it for 4 rigs, it's not pretty and you won't pick up any chicks by showing them your rigs but it works and it's cheap.

I do the same thing! It's pretty amazing how many cards you can pack in to one of these.

WARNING TO NEW PEOPLE: Make sure you give your shelf plenty of space to access the rigs since once it's full of equipment is is VERY HEAVY and it's unlikely you will be able to move it without taking everything off the shelf first! Also worth mentioning that you should use a level to ensure that the shelf is nice and even (use the individually-adjustable feet to level it) which will prevent it from tipping over!

I'll just leave the warning there without mentioning *cough* *cough* my experience with the above...  Lips sealed

✔︎ True Dividend Crypto [TDC] ✔︎✔︎ Announcement ✔︎ GitHub ✔︎ Twitter ✔︎ Discord ✔︎
xxcsu (OP)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 07:55:18 PM

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY NEWBIES KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTION " ITS TO LATE TO START MINING , IT IS STILL PROFITABLE ?"
Because they are noobs. You were a noob once too.

yes you are right i was a noob once too ,just like everyone else... but i did my research  , and did not just jumped into something without knowing what im facing  , never asked questions what no one can answer , because those questions are impossible to answer  , never built any kind of business just because any mining calculator told me, im going to make good money every months... never aksed questions like ; OMG the mining calculator told me 2 weeks ago i should make xxx $ but im only making xxx-100$ WHY Huh
At least i learned the basic things about mining , what is the difficulty , how difficulty growth , coin/usd exchange rate can reduce my earnings ...

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Malbrosia

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:17:59 PM

I'm a noob in the mining world, I just started about a month ago and it's been a hell of a process.  Trying to find GPUs, motherboards, PSUs has been a hell of ride.  Sometimes I wonder why I ever bothered to start.  Apart from paying over MRSP for pretty much everything, I have spent countless hours learning and troubleshooting my rig.

But I never really have questioned whether or not it is profitable, because from I come from electricity is only $0.12 a kWH and I live in Canada.  Even if prices are dropping and continue to drop, I make money.   So on a 6 card GTX 1080 Ti I pay about $120 or so in electricity a month.  And mining right now pays far, far more than that.  If it drops to a really low point, then I'll just hold the coins and sell them later when it goes back up.  

I have spent close to $7500 on this 'hobby' so far and as frustrating as it has been, it's also been a great learning process for me and most of the time I do find it fun.  I certainly do not rely on this to make a lot of money.  Please help me if I do.  I do it to make some passive side money and also to learn more about cryptocurrency because I think it is here to stay for good and within 5 years will really start making its way to more mainstream services and products.  

I see people complaining about ROI times at > 8 months and I just laugh.  I would very happy if my ROI paid back in a year.  Do you know many investments that do that?  

sonerbo
Copper Member

Activity: 1358
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:03:54 AM

Still same questions araound. Lets make this topic go front so maybe some more can read again Smiley
Ossidalm

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:17:04 AM

If you are a gamer and have a few GPU, then it is OK to mine. But be careful if you want to build a mining farm.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:37:01 PM

If you are a gamer and have a few GPU, then it is OK to mine. But be careful if you want to build a mining farm.

Why do you need to be careful?  Just jump in.
bandana121

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:30:38 PM

Maybe a "new to mining?" thread should be made with links to things like the bitcoin calculator on it so people can figure out what the profitability of a card/miner currently is.

I realise I'm replying to an old post however a list of online profitability calculators that I compiled.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3279788
qbert7

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:06:33 PM

Its a lazy world now. People need stuff spoon fed unfortunately. Best thing is don't respond and let the threads die.
toefu

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:48:00 PM

been mining for about a year, but will have to say this is the absolute worst time to start mining in my opinion.

asics are attacking all algos, fpga is on the horizon, and new gpus are scheduled to be released by eoy. Even gpu's are still slightly overpriced. There's absolutely no reason to start a GPU mining farm.

Even starting an ASIC farm is questionable and FPGA are so unproven at this point, the risk is extremely high.
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 12:09:21 AM

been mining for about a year, but will have to say this is the absolute worst time to start mining in my opinion.

asics are attacking all algos, fpga is on the horizon, and new gpus are scheduled to be released by eoy. Even gpu's are still slightly overpriced. There's absolutely no reason to start a GPU mining farm.

Even starting an ASIC farm is questionable and FPGA are so unproven at this point, the risk is extremely high.

Don't forget to add to that equation = Ethereum is starting to transition from POW to POS.

Basically when POS hits, the profit of all other mineable coins will severely decrease. This has been explained far too many times already. People are dumping GPUs while they can. People who don't do enough research are still buying them. lol.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:26:26 AM

Don't forget to add to that equation = Ethereum is starting to transition from POW to POS.

Basically when POS hits, the profit of all other mineable coins will severely decrease. This has been explained far too many times already. People are dumping GPUs while they can. People who don't do enough research are still buying them. lol.

Equilhash asics will push nvidia cards onto other algos, swamping them , reducing profits for everyone. FPGA on the horizon, this is the worst time to build a rig.

xxcsu (OP)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 01:06:04 PM

Equilhash asics will push nvidia cards onto other algos, swamping them , reducing profits for everyone. FPGA on the horizon, this is the worst time to build a rig.

Let see whats going to happen soon, when all those Antminer E3's flooding the market  Shocked

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
2stout

Activity: 2352
Merit: 585

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:13:24 PM

When I hear this asked, I take this to mean: Will profits go back to where they were 6-8 months ago.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: