Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:21:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]ChainTrade - First Blockchain-based platform to trade Food, Metals & Energy  (Read 6641 times)
ChainTrade

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:12:19 AM

Is food and raw material trading always a good thing or does it also have downsides? I remember all the speculation about food at stock markets being a bad thing from time to time. For example when prices get shorted by investors and the prices therefore fall and then vast branches of agriculture suffered from that a lot. Does your project go into that direction?

Very good point. Our project precisely aims at bringing more transparency in the trade and at limiting financial speculation around food trading.

Ok I thought the exact opposite by providing crypto based anonymous possibility to speculate even more than before. So you goal is to bring more transparency to the market? Or is that just a side-goal?

That's not a side goal, it is indeed one of the main goals of the platform
Carina.P

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:15:16 AM

Is food and raw material trading always a good thing or does it also have downsides? I remember all the speculation about food at stock markets being a bad thing from time to time. For example when prices get shorted by investors and the prices therefore fall and then vast branches of agriculture suffered from that a lot. Does your project go into that direction?

Very good point. Our project precisely aims at bringing more transparency in the trade and at limiting financial speculation around food trading.

Ok I thought the exact opposite by providing crypto based anonymous possibility to speculate even more than before. So you goal is to bring more transparency to the market? Or is that just a side-goal?

really , ChainTrade  looks promising for me , any bounty campaign  of this project?
ChainTrade

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:19:31 AM

really , ChainTrade  looks promising for me , any bounty campaign  of this project?

Yes there was a bounty but it's finished already
zTheWolfz

Activity: 231
Merit: 150

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:27:12 AM

Yes but how are you limiting financial speculation if you make the market even more accessible for speculators through the application of blockchain? Or is my reasoning wrong?
ChainTrade

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:39:38 AM

Yes but how are you limiting financial speculation if you make the market even more accessible for speculators through the application of blockchain? Or is my reasoning wrong?

We are not limiting financial speculation. However we are making the trade accessible to anyone, so even small buyers will be able to buy agricultural products, metals, oil & gas -- it will not be reserved to major financial institutions anymore
Dedewahyu (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:47:43 AM

The Growth of the Intercontinental Exchange

ChainTrade looks to open the world of exchange and in doing so models itself after others that have made the marketing world a better place. One of these models for ChainTrade, and a company that ChainTrade is looking to parallel, is the Intercontinental Exchange.

What is the Intercontinental Exchange?

Founded seventeen years ago in 2000, and headquartered in Atlanta Georgia, the Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) was created by Jeffrey Sprecher, who now acts as CEO. The Wisconsin-born American worked in the power industry for an extended period, including at the Western Power Group. Sprecher was a power plant developer and wanted to create a transparent and efficient market for energy commodity trading.

He was able to acquire the Continental Power Exchange for $1 in 1996, which became the nascent seed of the Intercontinental Exchange in 1996. Sprecher imagined the ICE as “a sort of eBay for energy,” and was intended to compete with energy giants like Enron. Backed by Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, two major banks in the United States, ICE exploded in size when Enron collapsed due to scandal. Since this early success ICE has continued to grow, acquiring several exchanges such as the International Petroleum Exchange, the Climate Exchange and the New York Board of Trade.

How does ICE work?

The Fortune 500 company has created a global system of markets and clearinghouses to exchange futures and options on a variety of products. These include agricultural products, crude and refined oil, electricity, and natural gases and liquids.

Their customer base, which is composed of individual investors, banks, asset managers, commercial hedging firms and others come to the exchange to buy and sell futures, options and other assets.

ICE also brings together a variety of information for customers, especially as many transactions have become automated. ICE’s data service includes information on regulatory reform, indexation, independent valuations, analytics and desktop tools. The information is gathered from across the exchange along with the New York Stock Exchange, Super Derivatives and Interactive Data.

How ICE shaped the future

CE had a pivotal insight that changed the market for energy. The idea was simple — to open up exchanges at a lower bar of entry for investors who had previously been unable to gain access. To this end, ICE was aided by new technology and began as an online marketplace for energy trading and grew from there. ICE coupled the new technology of the internet with the marketplace.

Regulated by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and the New York State Banking Department, ICE has ensured trading even amongst member banks. ICE monitors the creditworthiness of its members and can demand additional collateral if circumstances warrant.

All these factors have led ICE to be a powerhouse in the world market and ICE has cleared more than $10 trillion in swaps. These derivative contracts are financial agreements that occur during credit default and has the seller compensate the buyer in the event of a default. What is important though, is that ICE opened new opportunities for market players.

Read More here : https://medium.com/@ChainTrade/the-growth-of-the-intercontinental-exchange-9bb77ab07090

shaana

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:52:42 AM

Interesting project. Are there any bounties/airdrops ?
ChainTrade

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:54:10 AM

Interesting project. Are there any bounties/airdrops ?

Yes but the bounty program is closed already Wink
Dedewahyu (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:44:09 PM

This week ChainTrade will be present at the Blockshow Conference in Singapore - a major international event to showcase established and innovative blockchain solutions.
https://blockshowasia.com/

zTheWolfz

Activity: 231
Merit: 150

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:26:28 AM

We are not limiting financial speculation. However we are making the trade accessible to anyone, so even small buyers will be able to buy agricultural products, metals, oil & gas -- it will not be reserved to major financial institutions anymore

Makes sense so let's hope it will help the markets for such products to improve because usually speculation with agricultural products isn't always a good thing as we have seen in the past.
babedota

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:31:38 AM

The project is unique and interesting to follow and could be something new in the cryptocurrency project. marketing food in crypto is very rare here. hopefully his project runs smoothly and gets the call from all parties.
ChainTrade

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:37:58 PM

Great project with great developers behind this token wishing you guys a successful ICO

Thanks a lot!
Dedewahyu (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:46:56 PM

Parts of our team met with more than 10 institutional investors in Geneva to talk about the potential of ChainTrade and how it can revolutionize commodity trading by lowering entry barriers and fees for everyone involved.
This was only the first of many meetings that will happen this whole week during the Roadshow organized by Monaco growth forums.

ChainTrade

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:25:05 PM

Hi everyone,

The ChainTrade ICO is now successfully finished with 42,034,200 ChainTrade Tokens issued. We want to thank all our supporters and backers for believing in us and our project!

Starting today, the ChainTrade Token (CTT) is listed on EtherDelta (https://etherdelta.com/#CTT-ETH). You can therefore buy more tokens from there.

We still have an exciting roadmap ahead of us, including:
  • Public beta launch of the platform
    License from Singaporean authorities to operate our platform
    Sign agreements with first major customers
    Start trading actual commodity futures

All the Best,
The ChainTrade Team
Dedewahyu (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:26:16 PM

Nice article about ChainTrade and the CTT token:

https://atozforex.com/news/chaintrade-token-ctt-price-forecast/

Chaintrade Token (CTT) price forecast

I was indeed wowed when I first read Chaintrade FintechEvents.Center ICO review. 2 trillion USD worth commodities are being traded every year via various commodities exchanges with  massive transaction fees and large entrance gaps. Chaintrade meanwhile, wants to bring the commodities trading into the blockchain ecosystem. As the ICO is over now, I’d like to look into Chaintrade Token (CTT) price forecast. What can we expect from ChainTrade Tokens in the next 12 weeks?

17 December, Cryptocurrency news – ChainTrade ICO is now over and the results are quite impressive. The team have issued 42,034,200 ChainTrade Tokens (based on the ICO pricing this number is equivalent of 42,034 ETH).

Interview with ChainTrade CEO Vincent Jacques

I’ve managed to talk to ChainTrade CEO Vincent Jacques briefly about the Chaintrade ICO results:

JM: Vincent, I saw great results with the ChainTrade ICO. Do you believe, Chaintrade ICO was successful?

Vincent Jacques: “Yes, I believe we could conclude that the ChainTrade ICO was successful. We issued about 42 million tokens, which was above our target of 33 million. This is equivalend to 42,034 ETH as per public price of the token.  This provides us with sufficient funds to pursue our roadmap which we described in our whitepaper. We will deliver our promises as a part of the Chaintrade platform and will revolutionize commodities trading.

Indeed, today we have already delivered our first promise, less than 12 hours after Chaintrade ICO closure, our supporters can trade their Chaintrade Tokens (CTT) via Etherdelta crypto exchange.”

JM: What about the CTT token supply? Have you burnt the remaining of the unsold Chaintrade (CTT) tokens?

Vincent Jacques: “Yes, we have already burnt all unsold CTT tokens. So the total supply of ChainTrade Tokens is now 42,034,200 CTT. You can also track this via Etherscan as well.”

JM: As the ICO is over now, what is the next big step for Chaintrade team? Why should people hold the ChainTrade (CTT) tokens?

Vincent Jacques: “We have a very exciting roadmap ahead of us, Jacob. Our big next steps include the public launch of our beta platform, obtaining a license from Singaporean authorities, sign agreements with a few first major customers, and finally, start trading actual commodity futures on our platform. We will share all of these upcoming announcements with AtoZForex as well.

Meanwhile, today, we have reached our first milestone. You can buy and sell Chaintrade tokens via Etherdelta.“

How to buy Chaintrade Token (CTT)?

As a part of my discussion with Vincent, I’ve also learned that ChainTrade was mostly aiming to have insitutional token holders during their ICO. The minimum commitment was $50,000 (USD). That means that, many of the retail investors missed the opportunity to buy ChainTrade tokens. If you are one of those individuals, wondering about how to buy Chaintrade Token (CTT)?! You can now, buy CTT tokens on EtherDelta exchange ( https://etherdelta.com/#CTT-ETH )

Chaintrade Token (CTT) price forecast

I’ve also talked to a few Cryptocurrency enthusiasts, trying to set up a realistic Chaintrade Token (CTT) price forecast. One of the main points, almost every analyst commented that ChainTrade is undersold. So, I researched more into what they really meant by saying CTT is undersold.

My contact, Douglas, explained as the following:

“I believe, Chaintrade Token is undersold and soon, it should reflect itself in its price as well. The industry, Chaintrade is trying to distract is a $2 trillion per annum industry. Meanwhile, there are only 42 milion CTT tokens available. That means, as soon as the Chaintrade commodity exchange goes live with the CTT integration we should see CTT price appreciate. Therefore, my very own Chaintrade Token (CTT) price forecast is at least 5 folds by the time they either announce their Singapore license or they go forward with their beta. It is going to be big!”

Douglas was not the only analyst with positive Chaintrade Token (CTT) price forecast. Another blockchain investment firm commented about the number of CTT owners:

“Currently there are less than 1000 people in total holding, Chaintrade Token (CTT). I am one of those very few people. We saw how supporters pushed many small coins up this year. And this is a token with a very tangible product. “

Chaintrade Token (CTT) summary

To sum up the ChainTrade ICO and Chaintrade Token (CTT) price forecast discussion. I will review the points I’ve gathered from 12 individual discussions.

Most of the people have a positive Chaintrade Token (CTT) price forecast. Their reasoning are as the following:

• Chaintrade ICO sold 19% of their hard cap;
  • 42 mln tokens vs. $2 trillion/year industry
  • Chaintrade trading platform will have larger than $30MLN trading turnover;
  • Most people could not buy Chaintrade tokens during the ICO, due to its minimum commitment size;
  • Chaintrade attracted $30 MLN worth support with almost no advertisement;
  • Each mine selling commodities added on Chaintrade platform will push the price higher due to added demand;
  • Getting a Singaporean license for a blockchain based product will be sensational.

So, to sum it up my Chaintrade Token (CTT) price forecast is positive. I believe, Chaintrade Token (CTT) price should rise in value within the next few days and should reach to its peak as soon as they announce their Singapore license.

Therefor, current price of 0.001 ETH per Chaintrade Token (CTT) is a good price to consider. You can buy Chaintrade tokens via Etherdelta under the trade name of  CTT.

CursedHeretic

Activity: 29
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:08:53 PM

Just found an interesting article relating to ChainTrade!

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-26/freeing-hamstrung-commodities-traders-blockchain
macro.exchange

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:54:28 PM

Chaintrade (CTT) is now listed on Macro.exchange
panj

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:44:27 PM

Is this thing still alive? 3 months since ICO and it's not even on coinmarketcap.
panj

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:23:47 PM

Is this thing still alive? 3 months since ICO and it's not even on coinmarketcap.

Hello, yes it is well alive!
We are making big progress with the product, and prospecting brokers as our first customers.
The token is not on Coinmarketcap yet because it hasn't reached the daily volume of $50k that is required to appear on CMC.

That's good to hear. Hope you succeed.
Zebulonpike

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:07:18 PM

It does seem quiet with ChainTrade. I, like many investors, do not need my hand held but certainly hope the team is making some traction in the background. Are we/they on point with their roadmap? I hope all is well with this project. As thinks progress, please keep us posted. Good luck to all involved with this venture.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: