Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 08:52:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New site for total beginners  (Read 1095 times)
cyden (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:41:58 AM

Hello,
i've made a website for people who are totally new to bitcoins.
You can find informations about what bitcoins are and tutorials on how to use the client etc.
On the main site you find links to many bitcoin faucet sites, separated in categories.
Available in German and English

Dont expect many stuff on the site, i just started. I'll add my own bitcoin faucet soon Smiley

http://bitcoins-kostenlos.de/
emmaq

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:42:54 AM

where is your bitcoin faucet ?
btcfarseer.com

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 11:59:06 AM

good job
biddybod

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:03:12 PM

cool site
WikiLeaksLover

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:05:14 PM

WOW that is some pretty nice web designing. did you did that yourself?
jickMagger

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:45:23 PM

What's the deal with free coin sites? I don't understand how that would be at all profitable for the people involved if any large number of people tried to use it. What would be the benefit of collecting people's bitcoin addresses?
WikiLeaksLover

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:49:39 PM

What's the deal with free coin sites? I don't understand how that would be at all profitable for the people involved if any large number of people tried to use it. What would be the benefit of collecting people's bitcoin addresses?
i guess if you were some type of super hacker or computer programmer with intricate knowledge of bitcoin and php it would be beneficial to store all of the various addresses of your faucet visitors. thing is, it doesn't work that way. every round(whether it be 24 hour faucet or number of transactionlimited faucet, a cron job runs to make the payments and clear the database.. I myself helped build a bitcoin faucet and the main source of income seems to be advertising. the thing is, once your site gets to 5k-25k visitors a dak its easy to get accepted to CPM(Cost Per Mille) advertising networks. Some of these networks pay $2.50 usd per thousand(mille) impressions. if your site does 25k visits a day thats 55 bucks off the top of my head per day. even coinurl ads pay pretty good providing anyone actually ever clicks them, and the thing is that you can't encourage them to click your ads or you wont get paid. so in the long run you wont make much until you've established a reputation of visitors that becomes attractive to CPM ad networks, then the sky is virtually the limit. plus there are things like referral programs.
karlsberg

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:09:56 PM

cool
jickMagger

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:16:30 PM

i guess if you were some type of super hacker or computer programmer with intricate knowledge of bitcoin and php it would be beneficial to store all of the various addresses of your faucet visitors. thing is, it doesn't work that way. every round(whether it be 24 hour faucet or number of transactionlimited faucet, a cron job runs to make the payments and clear the database.. I myself helped build a bitcoin faucet and the main source of income seems to be advertising. the thing is, once your site gets to 5k-25k visitors a dak its easy to get accepted to CPM(Cost Per Mille) advertising networks. Some of these networks pay $2.50 usd per thousand(mille) impressions. if your site does 25k visits a day thats 55 bucks off the top of my head per day. even coinurl ads pay pretty good providing anyone actually ever clicks them, and the thing is that you can't encourage them to click your ads or you wont get paid. so in the long run you wont make much until you've established a reputation of visitors that becomes attractive to CPM ad networks, then the sky is virtually the limit. plus there are things like referral programs.

Ahh, so it resets every run, requiring users to return and put their address in again. Of course that's how they work, I don't know why I thought any differently. And right, having an address on its own would be rather useless, that's kind of the point.
WikiLeaksLover

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:31:49 PM

Ahh, so it resets every run, requiring users to return and put their address in again. Of course that's how they work, I don't know why I thought any differently. And right, having an address on its own would be rather useless, that's kind of the point.

care to elaborate on your point Sarcastio?
cyden (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:15:37 PM

where is your bitcoin faucet ?

It's not finished yet. But I'wll add it soon Smiley

cool site
good job
WOW that is some pretty nice web designing. did you did that yourself?

Thanks guys  Wink

zanuha007

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 05:16:34 PM

i only made bookmarks like that for myself Smiley
cyden (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:45:23 PM

Update:

We've finally added a faucet. Now you can get free bitcoins on our site. Have fun

http://bit.ly/1aFy5I2

umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 08:55:29 PM

Update:

We've finally added a faucet. Now you can get free bitcoins on our site. Have fun

http://bit.ly/1aFy5I2

Thanks, requested
BitNit

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:13:33 PM

Good work

mrmann

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:43:25 PM

Cool   Shocked
tampazeus

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:52:56 PM

Good job done, i like the site
warison

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 06:33:53 PM

well done
FreedomFund

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 06:40:53 PM

Great work for the beginner

Blockchain TV - Telling the stories of global blockchain adoption
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 06:49:50 PM

Like WikiLeaksLover said, these kind of websites can be profitable for the admin, some are not for profit and the goal is just to distribute some coins helping the popularity of bitcoin, this tends to do more harm then good because the really small amounts have to pay fees and people end up with 0.005 and have to pay 0.05 fee to spend that balance...

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: