Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 2478 times)
chydenius (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:53:47 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 11:59:56 PM by chydenius

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tutkarz

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:10:15 AM

when government was closing LR they were thinking that those people will start magically pay taxes from now on and stop doing shady business? funny.
anyway when perfect money will be closed then they will have to use bitcoin sooner or later.

aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:05:40 PM

From the article:

"...That system makes it possible for police to trace users, whilst exchanges offer centralised areas for law enforcement to raid and find out who is making dodgy purchases with the so-called 'crypto-currency'."

I always roll my eyes when an article uses the phrase "so-called" to demonize something dimly understood. I fantasize that it says "...That so-called system makes it possible for so-called police to trace so-called users, whilst so-called exchanges offer so-called centralised areas for so-called law enforcement to raid and find out who is making so-called dodgy purchases with the so-called 'crypto-currency'."

I like your Goldilocks quip!

oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:51:22 PM

TL;DR

Journalist: LOL, all former LR users flocked to perfect money, none of them uses Bitcoin.

Bitcoiner: Why?

Journalist: Because, because Bitcoin is not anonymous enough!

Bitcoiner: How do you know?

Journalist: I checked the blockchain and I couldn't see any illegal transactions!

Bitcoiner: Huh? LMAO.

Journalist: Wait, what?.....

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:55:27 PM

I certainly don't hope that the Dark Side comes to Bitcoin, it is a perfect reason for the US govt to shut Bitcoin.   They can stay with Perfect Money or whatever Money.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:27:24 PM

This is a classic case of "squeeze the balloon" when it comes to regulation or shutdowns - it merely displaces it somewhere else. Think of all the effort it took to get 17 different police agencies all over the world to shut down ONE centralized site. Now multiply that by several orders of magnitude to even begin to make a dent in bitcoin - if at all.

Just like the peer-to-peer blockade, it will fail miserably and consume a metric shit-ton of resources if anyone is stupid enough to try.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:04:00 PM

This is a classic case of "squeeze the balloon" when it comes to regulation or shutdowns - it merely displaces it somewhere else.
"The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers." ―Princess Leia to Grand Moff Tarkin

Grin

BTCLuke

Activity: 526
Merit: 508

My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 01:09:24 AM

I think the pertinent question here is: "Who exactly are these dark web users?"

Are they people doing something TOO SHADY for SR? (Which only takes bitcoin)

Or are they people who simply believe that bitcoin isn't anon enough for them, because they are lazy or stupid?

Either group doesn't sound very large. I hope they continue to stay away from bitcoin.

Another good question: "How long will it take for uncle sam to shut down Perfect Money?"

Luke Parker
Bank Abolitionist
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 08:28:42 AM

I think the pertinent question here is: "Who exactly are these dark web users?"

Are they people doing something TOO SHADY for SR? (Which only takes bitcoin)

Or are they people who simply believe that bitcoin isn't anon enough for them, because they are lazy or stupid?

Either group doesn't sound very large. I hope they continue to stay away from bitcoin.

Another good question: "How long will it take for uncle sam to shut down Perfect Money?"

Eh, its all the same in the end. Any tool can be used for good or bad. Hyperventilating about the "bad people" isn't productive.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: