Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 12:55:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO pros and cons  (Read 462 times)
Official Armor Ceramics (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:24:33 AM

ICO is a fundraising tool based on the exchange of new crypto currency for liquid analogs with a known value.

The principle of the ICO: Investors, investing funds, get a "share" in the company, but they do not receive real shares, but become owners of cryptographic tokens traded on crypto-exchanges for various crypto currency.

ICO provides investors with coins that are circulated in the business model itself and will grow in value while developing and scaling the project.

So, what are the advantages and disadvantages of ICO?
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:10:08 PM

Investors buy coins or tokens from an initial coin offering program which even does not exist fully.
There is no guarantee of any ico projects to be accepted by users. We can't have surety whether they remain trusted or fly overnight.
But if people embrace the ico you are investing in, then you are assured to earn some profits from it.
mahimonliner

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 01:43:37 PM

I want to start ico token trading!! Anyone here for help?

Disconnecting

Activity: 208

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:05:54 PM

Let's wait for there approval if the ICO will start immediately they will just inform us about it as mus as possible.
mahimonliner

Activity: 350

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 08:33:08 AM

Can i start ico tradin?

Mertalot

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:27:19 PM

There is no difference with investments in real projects. Risks are the same. So I don't really understand the prjudice of some people against ICOs Undecided
limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:30:27 AM

All investments are at risk. blbut the thing that I like from ico is, we immediately get the bonus at the beginning. If we choose a good project, maybe we will get profit multiply. And also if we choose ico wrong, then we will lose.
elbimbo012

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:21:56 AM

All investments are at risk. blbut the thing that I like from ico is, we immediately get the bonus at the beginning. If we choose a good project, maybe we will get profit multiply. And also if we choose ico wrong, then we will lose.
I agree Pros is if you know to choose a correct and profitable ICO you can earn big time Cons is if you just buying with out reading and understanding the ICO 's whitepaper where you want to invest big chances is you will not able to gain profit much more you will loss your investment. Most of the time ICO opening may spike up the price specially when many investors patronize. I suggest don't buy to much when you are in doubt cause it may fool you and loss your investment Sad

A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:51:05 AM

As I see more easy to buy cheap coins after ICO. Almost always it happens that after ICO price going down and you can buy cheap!
Only in 10% price rise up.

But if you participating in ICO just for long term (1-3 years) it is more easy to buy coins via ICO.
tothetop

Activity: 251
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:56:23 PM

Until ICO model is not regulated by any institutions, we can have more profit from ICOs by avoiding additional costs such as taxes, ensurance etc
Here is the risk, if you make the wrong choise you will lose your money and nobody will help you..

But the higher the risk. the higher the profit in the winning case

ICO profitability is also based of bounty programs allowing to promote the project avoiding high marketing costs

IIIIIIIII#VIP#IIIIIIIII

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 10:16:22 PM

What kind of help do you need? There are a lot of experts on the forum who will be happy to help you in organizing the ICO. Specify what exactly do you need?

Best Bitcoin Exchange in USA!
CryptoClown

Activity: 261

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:22:35 PM

ICO is a fundraising tool based on the exchange of new crypto currency for liquid analogs with a known value.

The principle of the ICO: Investors, investing funds, get a "share" in the company, but they do not receive real shares, but become owners of cryptographic tokens traded on crypto-exchanges for various crypto currency.

ICO provides investors with coins that are circulated in the business model itself and will grow in value while developing and scaling the project.

So, what are the advantages and disadvantages of ICO?

I've been reading a lot of ICO here and ICO there for months now since I got myself in the crypto currrency world but never paid attention to how do they really use a virtual token on their business so thank you for this post for summarizing it in just a few sentences.

For me an ICO's advantage is we get to know and invest in another promising altcoin in the crypto market but that is if we read its whitepaper and research about the company and eveything behind it. Everyone knows that the success of a company depends on the hands of its supporters/users so it goes the same with any ICO.
ryanyulinruan

Activity: 69

Just another Canadian Cryptocurrency enthusiast!

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:00:23 AM

Initial coin offerings often seem too good to be true. Because sometimes, they are. Some ICOs appear legit, but the developers sometimes fail to deliver what they promised, ditch the project halfway through, or release an unfinished project and your money goes to waste.
The major con is fraud. But, here's some advice. Before buying into ICOs, check the website and social media platforms on the ICO. Also check the development team and make sure they're real people and are exactly who they say they are. Check the Facebook page if they have one. If they have thousands of likes but few posts and low post interaction, it's like a fake as likes can easily be purchased.
Also, check to see what buyers have to say. Check forums. Smiley
Some pros? Well, there's a chance that the ICO developers are actually going to release what they promised, and your investment will be worth it. It's just like investing in real life Smiley
I really hope this helps Smiley

Donate BTC here: 1MW9aJeXcVygR93zGrCrBAqaAZLoVSd9z
MBworld

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:16:11 AM

Ambrosus has strict ICO rules

First of all I register e-mail.
Register e-mail where " Get Verified " on the screen.

Then an automatic response will be sent to the registered mailbox.

In the case of me, if I first register at the site and try to buy it normally, the screen below appears. Something, I do not want to be registered unless it is registered as "KYC-certified".

Please email "Hello, Please tell me how to purchase a token.
What is KYC-certified? "
I was asked for details, and the sentences below were sent.
nicosey

Activity: 347
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:26:36 PM

It has decentralised the VC model.
VC was a very narrow arena.
Now everyone can be a VC.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: