Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:55:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitFunder - Lets grow together! A request to all users - https://bitfunder.com  (Read 16613 times)
Ukyo (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:43:00 PM

Hello everyone,

I have a request for anyone who is willing to read this. (Even you Burnside! Wink ) And especially users who do not currently use BitFunder.
I have been spending the last few weeks tracking down and fixing small bugs here and there that have really been annoying people and have a few left to go.

What would it take to bring new people into BitFunder?

Also, what would current users love to see the most first?

While I do have some very exciting things in the background going for WeExchange that should become public in the next few weeks, I am still very committed to BitFunder.

Thing's in the works, some more ready than others.

* Authenticated Trading API
* Read-Only REST API (Yes Namworld, I know. Wink )
* Notifications Center ( Full options suite of E-Mail and global SMS notification options )
* Asset Analysts pages

What else would people like to see?

For the record, yes, I know some people are not happy with the WeExchange requirement, however I intend to give it at least another month or two to see how the big changes with WeExchange effect this. But by all means, if it's a major issue stopping you from using BitFunder, please say so. Smiley
Please keep in mind, having WeExchange handle BTC helps protect both it, and you. It also helps to make sure BitFunder remains speedy.

Trade fees: So far, no one has complained to me about our fee structure being the reason to not use BitFunder, but I am open to suggestions.
Would anyone be willing to say thats a primary reason for not using BitFunder?

Someone asked for a trollbox. Sure, why not if people really want it. Thoughts?

I am hoping to have the new trading API further along in the next week. It would be nice to get that going.

Along with that, the new websocket system will also update all page information live, including things like balances.
This means trades will no longer require actual page submissions once fully setup.
For those of you not aware, if you have websocket enabled under 'Settings', then the order books should be 100% live.

As I have said before, BitFunder is made for the community. If the community has demands, let's hear them!

Again, even if I have it listed here already, if it means something to you, either that it really annoys you, something you really want, or something stopping you from using BitFunder, say it here and make it clear. Smiley

Oh, and feel free to discuss it in #bitfunder on irc.freenode.net ( You can also use the easy IRC tab on the BitFunder Help page to come chat with us. )

Thank you for your time and support!
Ukyo
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Caesium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:51:15 PM

The margin-left: -30px on the .row class annoys me the most, everything on the page below the header is shifted left - does nobody else see this?

(Firefox/Aurora on OSX)

The WeExchange requirement was just another hurdle for me. I opened BitFunder and BTCT at the same time, with the sole intention of getting some ASICMINER-PT - you wanted me to go sign up to another website just to get some money in, BTCT didn't, so I went with the one that gave me less work.

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:00:23 PM

The margin-left: -30px on the .row class annoys me the most, everything on the page below the header is shifted left - does nobody else see this?

(Firefox/Aurora on OSX)

The WeExchange requirement was just another hurdle for me. I opened BitFunder and BTCT at the same time, with the sole intention of getting some ASICMINER-PT - you wanted me to go sign up to another website just to get some money in, BTCT didn't, so I went with the one that gave me less work.

Well, the margin was an easy fix. Thanks for pointing it out! Smiley

I appreciate your thoughts on WeExchange, it will go a long ways towards future decisions for BitFunder, along with all the others I am sure to get. Wink

-Ukyo
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:02:20 PM

Glad to see this thread, and I really hope people chime in.

I use almost all of the exchanges, so I am already intimately familiar with the differences.

1. For me, Weex is a non-issue. I see it as a bonus layer of security that is no more inconvenient than BTCTC's manual withdrawals.

2. Trading fees are a bit high for new users, but I trade enough to where I have a high Tier and it's less of an issue for me.

3. BTCTC has some subtle, yet very useful little features, like bolding the Ask/Bid when it's me that represents that order; showing full market data within the My Portfolio page, etc. But I also LOVE Bitfunder's live order books.

4. Personally, I hate bots, and I think they deter humans from making more frequent orders, possibly making them zero sum for volume. However, I understand the need for APIs. If bots started to get out of hand on BF, I know I'd trade less.

5. Notifications, yes please, but not high priority for me.

6. Direct BitFunder coin accounts would be very useful, and could coexist with Weex really. I think the barrier with Weex is that many people have trouble with creating their accounts, mostly due to confirmation emails getting lost in limbo/spam. You have already implemented direct Litecoin compatibility, why not Bitcoin too?

7. A chatbox on a stock exchange would be interesting for sure. I'd love to see it, but worry about what degree of moderation would be required. Not sure if this degrades the professionalism of the site...

I probably have more I could think of, but I'll let the thread live a little first. I need to think about some of the things Havelock has that might be worth comparing.
Caesium

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:05:33 PM

Thanks for the margin fix - that looks better - but now .span12 (the table holding 'View Asset Market') is shifted 30px to the right, because of it's own margin-left, creating a horizontal scrollbar.

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Bonam

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:10:26 PM

Current user here.

Margin and short-selling would be nice additions.
Franktank

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:14:27 PM

Current user here.

Margin and short-selling would be nice additions.

Margin and shortselling would expose BF to risk. A better way to do it would be to allow folks with BTC to facilitate those options on BitFunder at their own rates.
murfshake

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:21:48 PM

When scoping out both exchanges, I initially thought BTC-TC did not appear as user friendly, but in the end I decided I would use both exchanges to try them out.  I like both, but I will not add to my BitFunder portfolio due to the higher fees for small time traders.  I have 15 BTC in BitFunder and 15 BTC in BTC-TC, and I will not be putting any more in BitFunder since the rate is higher.

The Weed Exchange didn't bother me too much but it does add a lot more time to get trades in since they require 7 confirms, then a whole seperate trade, where as BTC-TC only requires 3 confirms so your trades can be done within 30 minutes, instead of over 1 hr.

Also, without a "market analysis' function like BTC-TC has you just don't offer nearly as much to the end user.

As it stands, you have potential, but I will not be putting any more funds in to BitFunder until the fees are lowered or it tailors to the buyer for statistical analysis and market breakdown.

Once you have that all done, release an Android app.

Good luck,
hf

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

there will be no fucking vegetables

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:41:46 PM

Suggestion : bug bounty program.

Makes it feel more secure.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:45:56 PM

Thanks for the margin fix - that looks better - but now .span12 (the table holding 'View Asset Market') is shifted 30px to the right, because of it's own margin-left, creating a horizontal scrollbar.

The issue is not that it is shifted to the right. It is a button/tab which has padding to the sides of it. When selected, it lines up perfectly.
To make it more appealing, I offset the BitFunder logo to the right more.
jmutch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:47:25 PM

High fees made me take my volume to btct.co.....first thing i would change.

I like the appearance. I think trollbox would be fun, but definitely not professional.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:51:28 PM

1. weexchange.co's service is horrible (I have an open ticket there for now ~1 week) - please do provide alternatives!

2. Allow pricing in something else than BTC (it can still be only traded in BTC) such as LTC, USD, EUR...

3. Integrate ColoredCoins via OpenTransactions and/or Ripple IOUs so people can actually own shares, not Bitfunder IOUs of IOUs of companies (or even other IOUs).

4. Allow me to offer shares (and BTC!) to people who want to short sell/long buy.

5. An actual registration address + contact information would be nice too

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:59:55 PM

It would be nice to have a custom Y axis graph. Currently this just looks like a straight line (with a couple bumps), even though most of the trades vary slightly:

It would be nice for me to manually set it to show between BTC2-3 to show a better picture.

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
luke.watson

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:04:10 PM

2. Allow pricing in something else than BTC (it can still be only traded in BTC) such as LTC, USD, EUR...

How would the price for shares be calculated - there's no exact trade value for BTC to USD or LTC etc - they'd have to be set on an exchange..

And this would assume that BitFunder has a stock pile of BTC that they're happy to accept LTC and USD for - it doesn't seem like a practical alternative..

If they added LTC companies which you can buy and sell shares of it would work, but I dont think it works for buying BTC shares for LTC

pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:05:25 PM

For one, no fee for withdraw. Two, no minimum withdraw limit.

These are the only two I really ask for, like how GLBSE had it. All these other stock places like cryptostocks, have these annoying regulations in place, keeping your funds.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:05:57 PM

It would be nice to have a custom Y axis graph. Currently this just looks like a straight line (with a couple bumps), even though most of the trades vary slightly:

It would be nice for me to manually set it to show between BTC2-3 to show a better picture.

This is supposed to be dynamic. I have a ticket in with Highcharts at the moment. Smiley
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:06:40 PM

These are the only two I really ask for, like how GLBSE had it. All these other stock places like cryptostocks, have these annoying regulations in place, keeping your funds.

There is no fee to withdraw...
pekv2

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:07:32 PM

What about minimum withdraw limit? 0.005 should be suffice for minimum.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:09:46 PM

Currently it is at 0.01 to stop system spam attempts due to free transfers.
pekv2

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:13:57 PM

Currently it is at 0.01 to stop system spam attempts due to free transfers.

Can't complain I suppose, as there is no withdraw fee. Like to see atleast anything 0.005 minimum, for this type of amount, limit withdraw once at every three days to a week to stop spam withdraws. If you catch my drift?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: