Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:08:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitFunder - Lets grow together! A request to all users - https://bitfunder.com  (Read 16613 times)
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:35:58 PM

Wee exchange is a deal-breaker for me, always has been, always will be.

Beyond that, I have no idea because I'm not using a site on which I do not trust the security. When I recently got an email that the system had failed to register med for two month because I have non-English characters in my name, I got all the evidence I need that the site is developed by amateurs, and I've seen enough professionally developed money systems fail to stay miles away from anything that looks, acts, and smells like amateur hour and doesn't give me an immedate sense of security.

.b

Man, you really love jumping to conclusions based on nearly arbitrary data...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
furuknap

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

http://coin.furuknap.net/

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 08:38:43 PM

Man, you really love jumping to conclusions based on nearly arbitrary data...

Indeed, that must be it.

.b

Ukyo (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:00:50 PM

Wee exchange is a deal-breaker for me, always has been, always will be.

Beyond that, I have no idea because I'm not using a site on which I do not trust the security. When I recently got an email that the system had failed to register med for two month because I have non-English characters in my name, I got all the evidence I need that the site is developed by amateurs, and I've seen enough professionally developed money systems fail to stay miles away from anything that looks, acts, and smells like amateur hour and doesn't give me an immedate sense of security.

.b

The issue was the accepting mail server did not like the native characters provided by users on signup and was rejecting the emails. Talk about amateurs ! Tongue

I was able to contact one euro ISP about it, and they had it fixed in 2 days.

Others seem to large to care to response or look at their support emails.

Either way, the problem has been resolved.
furuknap

Activity: 294

http://coin.furuknap.net/

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 09:04:50 PM

Either way, the problem has been resolved.

Not for me, as long as there's anything that even smells like wee on Bitfunder, I'm staying away.

.b

Peter Lambert

Activity: 756

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:08:30 PM

I tried out bitfunder and btct, but have consolidated all my funds over on btct for a couple reasons:

Notifications: with btct I get an email every time I buy, sell or get a dividend. With BitFunder I only knew if my orders had been filled if I load the site, log in, click a couple links to find the transaction history. At the very least a message should show up when you load the site which shows your activity since your last visit.

Charts: Your current charts seem to load slow and do not really give very good information. Instead of having the x-axis have one equally spaced point for each trade, the x-axis should be time and the points should be grouped according to the time.

Minimum withdrawal: I also think this is a bit high, especially since the price of bitcoins went up a factor of ten since you originally set the minimum.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:29:13 PM

I tried out bitfunder and btct, but have consolidated all my funds over on btct for a couple reasons:

Notifications: with btct I get an email every time I buy, sell or get a dividend. With BitFunder I only knew if my orders had been filled if I load the site, log in, click a couple links to find the transaction history. At the very least a message should show up when you load the site which shows your activity since your last visit.

Charts: Your current charts seem to load slow and do not really give very good information. Instead of having the x-axis have one equally spaced point for each trade, the x-axis should be time and the points should be grouped according to the time.

Minimum withdrawal: I also think this is a bit high, especially since the price of bitcoins went up a factor of ten since you originally set the minimum.

Hmm, very good points.

As for the withdraw, you think 0.01btc is too high?
zoinky

Activity: 811
Merit: 1000

Web Developer

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:43:06 PM

The margin fix now pushes too far to the right.  You should have made the navigation stretch out to a fluid container, and not have in-line margin edits.  You should work more with the native Bootstrap CSS instead of patching over it for using it incorrectly.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 09:44:22 PM

I like the additional layer of security provided by "Weed Exchange."   Cheesy  If you're too impatient to deal with it, go play on a different site.  It's not MPEX, FFS.

I don't like the lengthy response time for WX support because that mitigates the security advantage.  If there is a zero day exploit or other penetration, how long is it going to take before somebody at WX notices or gets the memo?

BF fees should be reduced as volume increases.

Asset owners should have to put up an anti-scammer collateral bond, publicly visible and distributable to shareholders upon them pulling an Ian ScamWell.

We need more info about jurisdictional regulatory legal risk.  Can the Queen seize WX/BF if she gets a bug up Her arse, or Obama "suggests" it's in Her interest to do so?

The News updates only list the asset owner.  There should be a link to the asset too.

I love the BTCE trollbox, but it is a security hazard and has been used for phishing.

Email verification for withdrawal is a good idea, esp. if users may select the threshold (IE, email me for confirmation, but only when more than 5 BTC are being moved).

Let the HFT bots go wild.  As long as they pay their fair share, the increased volume and liquidity are good for the exchange.  Surprising to see Luddites insisting on manual-only trades here.   Tongue

Stop wasting time and risking money on Ripple.  I don't want anything to do with the Sand Hill Road VC mafia's attempt to subsume/contain Bitcoin-type technologies.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 10:00:04 PM

I have a request for anyone who is willing to read this. (Even you Burnside! Wink ) And especially users who do not currently use BitFunder.
I have been spending the last few weeks tracking down and fixing small bugs here and there that have really been annoying people and have a few left to go.

I like it just the way it is.  Don't change a thing.  Wink  (j/k!)

alxs

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:28:06 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2013, 10:51:36 PM by alxs

I have been unable to sign up with weexchange for some reason.  Sent an email and no reply for over a week now.

Basic problem is signed up with weex and it wouldnt accept password, tried a password reset but there is no place to enter
the code that is sent so totally stuck.

EDIT: Tried it again and am able to enter code now to reset password.  Also discovered had to use username vs email address.
hak8or

Activity: 172

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:43:22 PM

Here are my suggestions:

When the user is already signed in, the homepage still displays the "Join the crowd and help fund things with your bits! Introducing the bitcoin fund raiser and trader!" part of the page on the homepage. I feel that it would make better use of that space to have the orderbook be displayed here instead once the user is already signed in. Or at least change it to something else, like your logo. Currently, it looks like a bug, so some people may feel that your site is amateurish and not professional.

BTCT's "My Value Analysis" tab is fantastic, and it would be awesome if you guys could implement something similar to view users profits on your site.

Your fees are absolutely not an issue what so ever.

The Weexchange site visually looks very unprofessional and bland, and the way that bitfunder and weexchange work together looks more of a hacked together type of thing. Most users probably were expecting a tighter integration of Bitfunder and Weexchange, not having to find the merchant ID and whatnot.

On your FAQ, the HashPower link is dead.
Q: Can you tell me more about WeExchange?
... around December of 2011. HashPower which has hundreds ...

The bug bounty program idea seems like an interesting one, but it feels somewhat risky. Maybe implementing a copy of your website using virtual assets and whatnot having a bounty seems like a better idea.

I really like your ability to transfer shares for free between accounts on the site, I don't think I have ever seen it before.

On your Dividend Reinvestment page inside the "My Assets" tab, there seems to be some alignment issues going on. For example, the BTC character seems to be far too close to the text box, too high relative to the text box, and too small relative to the text box. I am using chrome with the most recent updates on Windows 7. I can show an image if needed.

I feel that the "News" blue tab and the "DashBoard" tab could be combined somehow, since you are getting for the most part the same information in both tabs. Even better, possibly consider merging the blue tab and the white tab under it to get a cleaner looking site, but this may just be opinion.

Emails or SMS when there is a user definable change in an asset would be useful. For example, if AsicMiner drops more than 40% in the past five minutes, send me an email and an SMS going "HOLYWTFBBQ ALL YOUR MONIES ARE FLYING AWAY!" or something like that.

I love the BTC-E trollbox, it provides endless bouts of humor but also introduces some possible panic behavior, resulting in increased volatility. If it is implemented, then there has to be moderation based on preventing spam and fishing websites. One way would be to allow only links to reddit.com/r/bitcoin and bitcointalk.

Lastly, you guys are very awesome for asking for feedback from the community like this! Keep up the fantastic work!
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 03:29:10 AM

Add a troll box via coinchat  Smiley
syncretic

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:35:07 AM

The WeExchange requirement was just another hurdle for me. I opened BitFunder and BTCT at the same time, with the sole intention of getting some ASICMINER-PT - you wanted me to go sign up to another website just to get some money in, BTCT didn't, so I went with the one that gave me less work.

I had pretty much an identical experience. I found out about BTCT and BitFunder at the same time. BTCT account creation was much smoother and I was a little put off about having to sign up with a second service for BitFunder, so I went with BTCT.
TaxReturn

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:40:05 AM

My concerns and reasons for preferring btct:

* Don't feel very good about routing my coins through another site first, especially if that site looks like someone saved it from the 90s.
* The stock graphs load painfully slow, I dread using the site on my netbook.
* Notifications via mail, I need them, I want them.
* Value analysis missing: stocks bought at price x, current price y, gain/loss/dividends etc.
* And last but certainly not least: the fees, seriously.

On the plus side: the site looks good, much better than btct, but that's just not enough.
drdanishkhan

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 03:52:22 PM

BTCT has a value analysis page where your estimated profits are shown for each asset based on average buying price and current price.. It would be great to have that here too.. its a real help sometimes..

BTC tip jar 1LrwjfQ41DA9u8PLcQBLp7CueoWotdKshq
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:18:39 PM

BTCT has a value analysis page where your estimated profits are shown for each asset based on average buying price and current price.. It would be great to have that here too.. its a real help sometimes..

I agree, but please note that BTCTC's analysis page does have its limitations. Importing shares and transferring shares can distort your values. Even when you sell shares, the resulting portfolio value is a bit distorted, if I recall correctly.
drdanishkhan

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:21:35 PM

A little error is not that big a problem.. its hard to calculate a weighted average from your transaction history and then determine profitablity.. so any such kind of service would be greatly appreciated.  Smiley

BTC tip jar 1LrwjfQ41DA9u8PLcQBLp7CueoWotdKshq
ShireSilver

Activity: 382
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 01:42:18 PM

No trollbox.

Reducing the fees while maintaining the volume discounts is an idea I like.

IMHO the biggest problem with WeExchange is lack of competition. Can other services be added? Maybe ensure that the new API will have functionality to allow other services to arise naturally.

I'd like to see something like the BTCT value analysis page.

As far as verification, maybe require it for public listings but still allow unverified private listings so people can outsource their shareholder management.

I like the idea of optionally bonding assets. Maybe don't have a fixed value, but each asset could have a bitcoin address that BitFunder controls that is publicly shown on the asset page with its value - perhaps as a percentage of the asset's market cap. Investors would know that their investment would be worth at least that percent.

Optional email notifications would be nice.

Getting the messaging framework up will be good.

Bring on the bots!

Shire Silver, a better bullion that fits in your wallet. Get some, now accepting bitcoin!
Eric Muyser

Activity: 224

You can't kill math.

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 11:13:44 AM

Please add automated dividends for TAT Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=223442.new#new

@EricMuyser | EricMuyser.com | OTC - "Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality" - Bruce Lee
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:18:40 PM

Please add automated dividends for TAT Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=223442.new#new

Already on the way. Promised Graet as well. Wink
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: