Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:35:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Interested In Buying Bitcoin With Paypal?  (Read 5884 times)
Shaunmail

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 01:19:12 PM

I just bought .72 bitcoins for $88 $AUD (76 USD) from virwox.com?r=312d1  .The commissions a bit steep but you can pay instantly through PayPal. Just set the account up, deposit $, £, or €. Then exchange $,€,£ to SSL (Linden dollars) then from SSL to bitcoins.
J603

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 01:29:07 PM

Am I crazy or are Bitcoins not even close to $160? Mt Gox says that the last price was $89. Why would anyone pay through such a sketchy method and pay almost double the price? There's a good chance that you won't be able to make your money back at that price for months or even years. And that's supposing that you don't get scammed right off the bat.
buffy

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 02:45:06 PM

Does anyone have any physical BitCoins for sale?
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 03:18:40 PM

I am interested in buying BTC. I can pay via PayPal verified.  I also can pay by MoneyPak.  I will want to use an escrow.

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
fildza

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Ask me anything if you have any problem

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 03:55:03 PM

too expensive. I wonder who will make deal with you

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
BTCvFiat

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 04:37:47 AM

What about using this exchange method instead? Anyone have any experience with it?
http://bitcoinwithpaypal.com/

Tips? Reply/PM or send coins to:
BTC: 17hVfLh3AUWWqxzo2UeVDmevntSfpc2wqB - LTC: LTbyb2dPBsPMbs1sXT5db1wainGuJ61xSV - WDC: WjEvTJtj5QGNHzXSJCJLcRYJeHzaRhRGtM
WuLabsWuTecH

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 05:18:42 AM

What about using this exchange method instead? Anyone have any experience with it?

Anyone paying with PP is going to be paying at least a 5-6% premium just b/c of fees.  Plus probably another at least 10% because of the risk the seller is taking.  Why would you even consider it?  There are a lot more options out there that can get BTC to you cheaper and faster.  Most higher fee services have the advantage of fast transfers, but now that there are so many other options for near instnat transfers out there, there is no reason to pay these high fees!
MrHempstock

Activity: 140

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 05:52:03 AM

Anyone paying with PP is going to be paying at least a 5-6% premium just b/c of fees.  Plus probably another at least 10% because of the risk the seller is taking.  Why would you even consider it?  There are a lot more options out there that can get BTC to you cheaper and faster.  Most higher fee services have the advantage of fast transfers, but now that there are so many other options for near instnat transfers out there, there is no reason to pay these high fees!

Thanks, that post cleared up a few things for me. Steep learning curve, as I don't want to get TOO excited and get burned. But how awesome to be in on the next logical step in currency!

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
BTCvFiat

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 06:20:35 AM

Thanks for the reply, could you link me to a few newb friendly options for turning Paypal funds into BTC?

BTC: 17hVfLh3AUWWqxzo2UeVDmevntSfpc2wqB - LTC: LTbyb2dPBsPMbs1sXT5db1wainGuJ61xSV - WDC: WjEvTJtj5QGNHzXSJCJLcRYJeHzaRhRGtM
bitcoindigi

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 06:23:17 AM

It's really unsafe to do this kind of trades. I'd rather use an exchange / SEPA
Voodah

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:49:35 AM

Thanks for the reply, could you link me to a few newb friendly options for turning Paypal funds into BTC?

The safest way is through VirWox,  what's featured in your link. You can day do it anytime, just with Paypal. Fees will be high.

Otherwise, you can try localbitcoins.
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 09:56:38 AM

Did you not read what you just quoted/what I just said?

There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to be buying BTC with PP anymore.  IF you need BTC quickly, there are things like bitinstant and coinbase now that deliver BTC within an hour (both may require some pre-registration waiting times, but PP requires you verifying your account as well).

The absolutely cheapest method I can find right now is US Bank --> Dwolla --> CampBX.  CampBX's website is infuriatingly slow, but the total cost to you is 0.55% plus 25 cents.  This takes about 3-4 days.  If you need it faster, you can use Dwolla's credit system, or overnight a USPS money order to CampBX.  Even a money order (which will cost you about 1.50) plus the overnight delivery (about 18 bucks) will allow you to buy $1000 worth of bitcoins for only $20 in costs. That 2% is a lot less than the minimum 5-6% markup of PP plus an additional 10-20% or more for the risk the other party is taking!

THERE IS NOT REASON TO USE PP TO BUY BTC anymore!!!
Voodah

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 12:56:34 PM

Anyone paying with PP is going to be paying at least a 5-6% premium just b/c of fees.  Plus probably another at least 10% because of the risk the seller is taking.  Why would you even consider it?  There are a lot more options out there that can get BTC to you cheaper and faster.  Most higher fee services have the advantage of fast transfers, but now that there are so many other options for near instnat transfers out there, there is no reason to pay these high fees!

Did you not read what you just quoted/what I just said?

There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to be buying BTC with PP anymore.  IF you need BTC quickly, there are things like bitinstant and coinbase now that deliver BTC within an hour (both may require some pre-registration waiting times, but PP requires you verifying your account as well).

The absolutely cheapest method I can find right now is US Bank --> Dwolla --> CampBX.  CampBX's website is infuriatingly slow, but the total cost to you is 0.55% plus 25 cents.  This takes about 3-4 days.  If you need it faster, you can use Dwolla's credit system, or overnight a USPS money order to CampBX.  Even a money order (which will cost you about 1.50) plus the overnight delivery (about 18 bucks) will allow you to buy $1000 worth of bitcoins for only $20 in costs. That 2% is a lot less than the minimum 5-6% markup of PP plus an additional 10-20% or more for the risk the other party is taking!

THERE IS NOT REASON TO USE PP TO BUY BTC anymore!!!

Stop that crazy talk.

Reality check: Half the world can't get a US or EU bank account. Sad as it is, for some, Paypal is the still one of the few ways.
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 04:55:52 PM

Stop that crazy talk.

Reality check: Half the world can't get a US or EU bank account. Sad as it is, for some, Paypal is the still one of the few ways.

That was just one example!  I used a US bank account as an example because that's where I live.  But the fact is that there are a lot of options that people have already come up with other methods that are cheaper and/or faster than paypal.
BTCvFiat

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 05:50:37 AM

I asked for methods of PP to BTC exchanges because I have existing funds in my Paypal account I would like to exchange.
Also I'm not American or European so can't exactly wander down the street and open a BTC friendly bank account  Angry

msbthrice

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 01:34:09 PM

There are reputable, affordable PayPal/BTC exchange vendors on this forum if you spend some time searching for them, but this does not seem like one of them.

Unfortunately BitInstant went down so I've had to find an alternative instant method and PayPal is as good as it gets, especially with the right seller. Yeah, there's tons of scammers out there and PayPal is probably the easiest way to get scammed but you should only do business with reputable members.
muddhari1

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 12:26:30 PM

Anyone can buy Bitcoins using https://www.virwox.com/?drgn=2? But please go through conversion rates before you think of buying

1) yo need to deposit using paypal
2)trade SLL for USD
3)Trade BTC for SLL

Now that you have bitcoins, you need to go through transaction fees and trading cost only to check that you are profitable
iampingu

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 01:08:45 PM

Scam!
caktux

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 10:38:08 AM

You only have to wait the first time with VirWox. They're not a scam and it works perfectly well. I made a chart to track the price after deposit, withdrawal and double transaction fees, and I was surprised to see that it's sometimes lower than the market price. It's available at http://caktux.ca/virwox
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: