Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:20:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-09-27] Bitcoin Middleman: Trade with Me, Please Cross the Great Firewall  (Read 1726 times)
Simple8.1 (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:52:11 PM

As cryptocurrency exchanges seem to remain closed in a prolonged period, both token holders and service providers are looking for over-the-counter options.

Some innovative cryptocurrency holders trade on Xianyu, a second-hand trading platform of Alibaba. And Internet platforms and ICO projects are creating Telegram groups in efforts of escaping supervision. But for those who are more sensitive, they choose to keep a low profile and refuse to do any trades now.
Zhao Dong, or Zhao Letian, is a well-known bitcoin OTC trader in the Chinese community. He posted on Sept 26 that:

“To avoid unnecessary troubles, I will stop trading BTC with anyone through any domestic social media channels such as WeChat, QQ and Weibo. If you want to trade with me, please cross the Great Firewall.”
there are an increasing number of photoshopped pictures spreading rumors that Zhao and Li Xiaolai would be arrested.

Some newly-registered Weibo accounts insist that these two persons are restrained from leaving China.
http://news.8btc.com/bitcoin-middleman-wanna-trade-with-me-please-cross-the-great-firewall
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: