Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:22:14 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another hard fork coming in October. New Bitcoin name is "Bitcoin Gold"  (Read 5662 times)
steampunkz

Activity: 1162
Merit: 268

50% bonus on your First Topup

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:57:01 AM

Another incoming hardfork!? why are this people doing this to bitcoin. First is the BCH  hardfork and second is china banning bitcoin, as i looked to the price of btc today, its slowly gaining up again. And now another one. When will this problem gonna end?  Until bitcoin dies? But still i shall and i will still  use bitcoin  as my primary cryto currency. Long  live btc.

ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:19:54 AM

Another hard fork seems to come soon. The new bitcoin will be named "Bitcoin Gold". How would you think about this?

Bitcoin Gold will be successful as like Bitcoin Cash?

Bitcoin price will go higher before and after the new hard fork?

https://www.coindesk.com/first-cash-now-gold-another-bitcoin-hard-fork-way/

Before the bitcoin cash was forked from bitcoin, the value of bitcoin didn't really suffer. Well, I don't think forking bitcoin gold from bitcoin won't make bitcoin value suffer, either. I even expect the bitcoin price to rise up before and after the forking, just like what happened when the bitcoin cash was forked from bitcoin.

One more thing: I think, it is not what will happen between bitcoin and bitcoin gold which should be talked about, but it should be what will happen between bitcoin gold and bitcoin cash. Once bitcoin gold will be forked from bitcoin, the tendency is that people will leave bitcoin cash and transfer their money to bitcoin gold (I also think that bitcoin gold will be more valuable than bitcoin cash in the coming years).
mondobitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:35:31 AM

Interesting.. but what have the Bitcoin Gold to offer to people?
Of course the price can grow up or can go down..
2017 year of changement in bitcoin Smiley
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:39:19 AM

Before the bitcoin cash was forked from bitcoin, the value of bitcoin didn't really suffer. Well, I don't think forking bitcoin gold from bitcoin won't make bitcoin value suffer, either. I even expect the bitcoin price to rise up before and after the forking, just like what happened when the bitcoin cash was forked from bitcoin.

You may be correct, but it's a very bad assumption. You are assuming the market conditions are exactly the same; the opposite is true. This time, hype has calmed down quite a lot, due to the uncertainty around China (rumors about bans on the network and mining) and now Russia/Korea. Also, it looks like bad news for an American ETF, with Grayscale pulling its application with the SEC. Bad news is coming in from all directions, and ICOs are receiving a lot of unwanted regulatory attention. That can discourage investment, which can in turn discourage investment in the cryptocurrencies that are used to fund ICOs.

And all of this in addition to a contentious hard fork in November, and another spinoff hard fork in October? I think it's possible that we are in for a longer term sideways/bearish market for a while.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:41:16 AM

Well, something like this was expected, as long as there re noobs to support these forks, they will take place. Guess who makes the most money off these? These assholes who proposed them and want to reinvent BTC. So just go after it people. There s enough time to cry later.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:41:22 AM

Negligible unless it can turn into an effective fork that proves itself as useful
I see no real major value in this hard fork.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 03:29:02 PM

Another hard fork seems to come soon. The new bitcoin will be named "Bitcoin Gold". How would you think about this?

So we are going to see another dump in the month of October. Bitcoin cash became successful only because of bitmain and antminer and nothing else, people were like bitcoin cash is going to be a fail but at the same time bitmain showed it's full support to bitcoin cash and that's how the price increased, now let's see who supports bitcoin gold! I am curious to know whether bitcoin gold will also profit the miners just like bch or not.

ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:00:04 PM

I think the 3rd hard fork is slated in November and not October. What you have read is that Bitcoin Gold is to be launched on October 25.

Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:14:50 PM

One thing is certain most people will recognize BTC as the real bitcoin the rest will always remain as altcoins, and AFAIK Bitcoin Gold will only give competition to bitcoin cash as they devs continue to try to improve the existing code/protocols. But one problem I see of having another bitcoin sibling is miners priorities will change and maybe affect the prime bitcoin (BTC) network in due course(*stand to be corrected)
cng-

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:22:37 PM

I read that they initially had some ICO structure built inside, and they wanted to take 1% of all Bitcoin Gold. Sounds super lame and stupid imo.
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:19:17 PM

This means another dump maybe experience again like what happen in august but I'm not afraid because for sure bitcoin will pump again and will have a greater value than ehat it has today. More demand will be seen because the popularity of bitcoin continue to grow.
Lenzie

Activity: 658
Merit: 254

For campaign management, please pm me.

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:38:04 PM

I thought most of the community does not support this fork at all?
If the BTC continued to fork and split like this then, will the market be flood with a lot of cyptocurrency related to bitcoin?
I was just curious. After the fork has been done and the coin already splitted. What will happen to the altcoin? Does that have a roadmaps to? Or some platform? Or are the holders just holding those things?

Bitcoin Mixer
▬▬ www.Go-Overt.com ▬▬
.............CLEARNET..........TORNET............
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀░░░░██████▄
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄█▀░░░░░░█████████
▀████████▌▐░░░░░░░████████▀
▀████████▄██▄░░████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀