Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:23:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another hard fork coming in October. New Bitcoin name is "Bitcoin Gold"  (Read 5657 times)
coinsontheroad

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:13:04 PM

I have some BTC in a Trezor for long term storage and some on Bittrex to trade with. Should I leave my BTC on Bittrex during the fork? Or would it be safer to transfer it to the Trezor in order to claim the BTC Gold?

Thanks!

If you leave them on Bittrex then you are at the mercy of their eventual decision…

This is a good video on “Bitcoin Hard Forks - What To Do” - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn5ZNwPWhEc

Great vid. Thanks!

I'll be moving it all to the Trezor. The only thing, does anyone know if Trezor will be supporting both chains (both for BTC Gold and 2x)?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:55:52 AM

when in october launch Bitcoin Gold were so excited about this...  Grin Grin Grin
I do not exactly know what is going to happen but I am expecting bitcoin to rise up more in the price after bitcoin gold is launched. Some people think that it can be a scam and maybe it will also be like bitcoin cash. What I am focusing is that will people sell out bitcoin for it or not. If there will be selling out, bitcoin will reduce in the price and again take few weeks to gain value.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:23:48 AM

It looks like some people are expecting the same price action to happen as when Bitcoin Cash forked. I think the market never does exactly the same thing twice, so we may see very different price action this time, perhaps even negative and catching people unaware.

Yeah, people just look to the last similar situation and assume the same results with no regard for market cycles or other fundamental factors. Last time around, I don't think Bitcoin Cash had much effect on the market. The BIP91 signalling and lock-in ended market uncertainty around the potential BIP148/UASF chain split, and the market rallied accordingly. Bitcoin Cash just rode the coattails of that rally.

So in that sense, I don't think Bitcoin Cash serves as precedent at all. It could go either way. All I know is that Bitcoin Gold doesn't have nearly the support from big companies/personalities that Bitcoin Cash had (Bitmain, Bitpay, Roger Ver, John McAfee). And they also don't have a working wallet yet, nor have exchanges said a word about it. So I suspect Bitcoin Gold will be much, much smaller than BCH.

Support this. Also would like to add that I personally dont expect nothing from this and think it will be scam in the end. For BCH we had good preparation but for this I dont see anything except the word bitcoin gold. No big news just some rumor, with this i suspect that it will end up like big scam and many will lose coins if they invest in this.

Many rush to buy bitcoin cuz they expecting to see same free coins like with bitcoin cash but dont think it will happen any time soon or will happen at all.

who does not want to get a free snapshot without buying Bitcoingold? Many people buy bitcoin because of that, do not be too complicated to predict the coin will be better and stable than anything, because the volume that he got in the first month will prove a worthy and very profitable price portion. Support can not be done before seeing the birth first.

True many rushed to but bitcoin cuz they expect and it probably gonna be like that that how much bitcoin you have you will get bitcoin gold in same amount like with bitcoin cash. Ok some expect to see this happening smoothly but i have doubts that it will not be like bitcoin cash. For support that is something different we dont have anything to support except the name.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:36:50 AM

when in october launch Bitcoin Gold were so excited about this...  Grin Grin Grin
I do not exactly know what is going to happen but I am expecting bitcoin to rise up more in the price after bitcoin gold is launched. Some people think that it can be a scam and maybe it will also be like bitcoin cash. What I am focusing is that will people sell out bitcoin for it or not. If there will be selling out, bitcoin will reduce in the price and again take few weeks to gain value.

My thinking is that if there is buying demand (bids) which enable BTC holders to claim this free money, that means BTG is diverting investment away from Bitcoin. Just like any altcoin, really.

I highly doubt this will be like Bitcoin Cash. That launch, rushed as it was, had a lot of hype, working full node/lite node wallets, Bitmain (hashpower), Bitpay and folks like Roger Ver and Craig Wright. It also naturally inherited most of the Bitcoin Unlimited supporters.

Bitcoin Gold has none of that. No wallet available yet, no replay protection ready yet. And worst of all, the developers have announced they will be pre-mining the chain after the fork occurs and before the blockchain is public.

Smoothmazi

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:47:06 AM

bitcoin cash was a mistake and bitcoin gold will be too. But the one and only true BITCOIN will soar and smite thy enemies Tongue

Fatunad

Activity: 2226
Merit: 347

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:52:22 AM

My thinking is that if there is buying demand (bids) which enable BTC holders to claim this free money, that means BTG is diverting investment away from Bitcoin. Just like any altcoin, really.

I highly doubt this will be like Bitcoin Cash. That launch, rushed as it was, had a lot of hype, working full node/lite node wallets, Bitmain (hashpower), Bitpay and folks like Roger Ver and Craig Wright. It also naturally inherited most of the Bitcoin Unlimited supporters.

Bitcoin Gold has none of that. No wallet available yet, no replay protection ready yet. And worst of all, the developers have announced they will be pre-mining the chain after the fork occurs and before the blockchain is public.
Which means these kind of forks isnt really interesting at all and i do agree on what you have said this fork isnt really like the same on Bitcoin cash on where we do really see the hype when it was still coming but now on Bitcoin gold seems like there no upcoming fork because theres no such buzz regarding on this one or somehow people are anticipating for the November fork instead.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
jujugoboom

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:56:21 AM

There will be bitcoin gold and bitcoin segwit2x in November, hard fork drama will last long time, it is negative to altcoin's price. I am holding alt and never sold one. Btcg is nothing.
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:28:12 AM

Will this btg be a failure or not? we don't know that yet.
For now we can call this ez money Cheesy ( I hope the price of btc wont drop Cry )
Faroxx

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:30:50 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2017, 05:02:20 PM by Faroxx

I think the price of BTC will grow up to rigid forks in November (B2X) because people want to get more bitcoin gold and 2x bitcoin after the fork.But these hard plugs wont be successful. I think BCC, BTG and B2X shit coins.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:41:24 AM

I have some BTC in a Trezor for long term storage and some on Bittrex to trade with. Should I leave my BTC on Bittrex during the fork? Or would it be safer to transfer it to the Trezor in order to claim the BTC Gold?

Thanks!

So far, bittrex have not stated their support yet concerning the BCG but we still have about 6 days for any decision to be made. However, if you do not want to gamble it, it is best you just move all your funds to Trezor since you have one. It is not even proper leaving your funds in exchanges anyway.

Looking at the turn of events during the last fork though, and if bittrex states their support, then I see no reason why you should not, since they seem reliable at least for now. But remember that, time is running pretty fast.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:46:31 AM

when in october launch Bitcoin Gold were so excited about this...  Grin Grin Grin

It's simple. Many people will dump their Bgold as soon as they got it for BTC or for other altcoins.
As this is another hardfork of Bitcoin keep in mind that all the BTC whales will have this coin as well.
So imo, whatever you may think about this coin, scam or not, I can assure the big guys will play with it.Which means this thing will see some pump and dump plays! So if you're smart, try no to sell the bottom! Wink
Daice_0324

Activity: 89

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:52:51 AM

Premain
As of October 19th, BTG (github.com/BTCGPU) includes 8,000 Blocks of Premain (mining monopoly in closed environment). Because premain is not fair distribution, minor can monopolize profits, so its importance is often debated.
Equihash PoW code is not completed
BTG is a virtual currency that proclaims that it can be mined with CPU / GPU, but as of October 19, transition to Equihash PoW has not been completed. We are planning to carry out unit tests and regression tests from now on, but there is no time left until the scheduled date.
Replay attack protection is not done
On September 29, replay attack protection by SIGHASH_FORKID used in Bitcoin Cash has been proposed, but as of October 19, introduction consideration has not been done. When doing a hard fork on the premise of branching, replay attack protection must be explicitly done. If replay attack protection is not done, using a branched coin may unexpectedly send the other coin at the same time and lose assets.
Possibility of rescheduling
Initially, BTG planned an ICO planning to conduct a premain of 16,000 blocks (200,000 BTG) on August 31 and sell it at a price of 10 BTG = 1 BTC, but we are reviewing the plan.
Yadamosan

Activity: 193

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:23:12 PM

I think the price of BTC will grow up to rigid forks in November (B2X) because people want to get more bitcoin gold and 2x bitcoin after the fork.But these hard plugs will be successful. I think BCC and B2X shit coins.

its really an amazing moves  with bitcoin holders they wanted to have more free money like what happen with bcc looking forward to see
what would be the value of this new coin after the fork.
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:26:58 PM

Well, I'll keep my share as soon as the fork happens. I like the idea that my hard wallet used to support BTC alone but after the fork on BCH, they upgraded my wallet and became able to support the new blockchain. Now, it seems like I'll be getting another free set of coins.

Regarding BTC price, I guess there is no need to panic at the moment... if the price goes down then it's gonna be an opportunity to buy.

What wallet is it safe to secure that you get your bitcoin gold after the hard fork? There's a lot of suggestions and there are tons of bitcoin wallets that have private key. Is it also okay to just keep your bitcoin on major exchanger like bitrrex? Can anyone suggest where is it best to keep your bitcoin before the fork?
Mallyx

Activity: 1138
Merit: 574

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:37:34 PM

Well, I'll keep my share as soon as the fork happens. I like the idea that my hard wallet used to support BTC alone but after the fork on BCH, they upgraded my wallet and became able to support the new blockchain. Now, it seems like I'll be getting another free set of coins.

Regarding BTC price, I guess there is no need to panic at the moment... if the price goes down then it's gonna be an opportunity to buy.

What wallet is it safe to secure that you get your bitcoin gold after the hard fork? There's a lot of suggestions and there are tons of bitcoin wallets that have private key. Is it also okay to just keep your bitcoin on major exchanger like bitrrex? Can anyone suggest where is it best to keep your bitcoin before the fork?

The best to keep your Bitcoin is always on your wallet, with private keys you own.
Bastime

Activity: 519

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:40:07 PM

This is a very interesting indeed as what Bitcoin Gold developers Team promised as it is better than an earlier fork Bitcoin Cash. I might invest with this promising alt coin in the future.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Bastime

Activity: 519

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:42:20 PM

Any wallet that will help you redeem this "bitcoin gold" after the fork?

A good question that needs good answer that we need a secure wallet that holds Bitcoin and its hard forks in one wallet or can be managed within a single phone app.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Mzai620

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:59:10 PM

Unfortunately it's not a surprise to see more Bitcoin spin-off altcoins after BCash set the precedent. The release of new altcoins via the "split-mechanism" has a better chance of "success" (meaning a fraction of Bitcoin's value being temporarily sucked up by the altcoin) than releasing those trashcoins the traditional way. Marketing is virtually free (for now).

Of course this is not a good development. Because it increases confusion regarding the original Bitcoin and may also have dangerous implications during the split-off period - especially when there's no replay protection.
kirito1614

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:11:12 PM

It might be like Bitcoin Money. Be that as it may, possibly it will really fall in cost and there might be no support here. It's quite recently in view of my sentiment. Since there will be a moment split and the general population will have free cash. So regardless of what the bitcoins happen are bitcoins and remain no 1. Since those split are simply altcoins. We can not state it, Let it run and run with it. Furthermore, simply let the time make a move
Hichi

Activity: 88

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:12:33 PM

Do you really consider Bitcoin Cash as successful? Yes it's still alive and has a high market capitalization, but what it needs is time to prove itself that it can stay at the range (and probably appreciate in value). Bitcoin gold will have the same fate in my opinion. Any coin who altering from the core developers path will not be able to catch up with the orginal, that is Bitcoin. If you want to focus on other coins just have a look at all the ALTS available right now, there are so many great ideas and so much to choose from. You can find a coin for any industry you're interested in and find different applications depending on the product/service. My suggestion to you would be to stick to Bitcoin and invest your money in Alts that already exist in the market and have proven themselves. Don't risk your hard earned cash.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: