Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:28:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LevelNet : The First Distributed Cyber Security Platform  (Read 48558 times)
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:03:57 AM

Hi guys.

Here’s our assessment of this situation:

Our hunch is that Angel117 is an aggressive former employee, who was removed from the project some time ago. While it would be easiest to discredit this attempt at harming our project as being mere trolling, we don’t want to leave any of our followers in doubt as to our projects merits, or the sincerity of our intentions.

Regarding his accusations towards the project  and the CEO, we believe his main motivation is for revenge (towards the project, the leader and individual people employed in the project). We believe that anything he would say will be aimed at discrediting us.

However, we feel it is important to provide the community with our answers and clarity on the project.

Regarding his statement that it is impossible to implement some functionality in the project means that a person does not have knowledge in the field of development management. We are not aiming to do everything at once, but move gradually from MVP to RTM.

Once again, here are our answers:

1. File Hashing is used to quickly search for KNOWN objects. This is the key to the speed of the algorithm that excludes trusted software from the need of any additional analysis. Detection of the same harmful objects, including those modified with the help of "morphers, cryptors and packers", is carried out through white lists.
2. Reports about malicious objects from LevelNet client applications are not sufficient for making these objects into the category of malware. This decision is made on the intermediate super nodes, the messages from which, in turn, are signed with a security key.
3. The author does not fully understand the principle of the work of LevelNet algorithms on super nodes. Dynamic analysis is not performed either because of the impossibility of automating such a process, or because it is not necessary. In this case, the white list is responsible for filtering.
4. In the speed and efficiency of information dissemination within p2p networks, each user can be convinced by the example of p2p file clients (ala bittorent), allowing to exchange huge amounts of data. The competence of the author in this matter raises special suspicions, in particular, at the expense of unsupported "report can be checked in a few days".
5. LevelNet does not use antivirus software, but only analyzes the reactions of its users.
6. For the functioning of the LevelNet network, there is absolutely no need to collect any personal data. All objects are represented exclusively by their hash-sums, according to which, as is known, it is impossible to restore the contents of the object or its belonging.
7. First, antivirus products do not exchange databases with their competitors. Secondly, the speed of updating the anti-virus database is estimated in hours; they use client-server connection protocols in which client devices do not contact each other, especially client devices with different antivirus products.
8. LevelNet does not perform heuristic analysis and preactive protection for one reason - no need. It is worth reminding the author that LevelNet is not yet another antivirus with all its inherent flaws, such as inefficiency of malware detection algorithms, slowdown of the device, serious resource consumption, etc.

Conclusion: Due to the fact that we are aware of the motive of his messages, we will ignore future communication with him.We adhere to the rule "Do not feed the troll". We ask the audience to pay attention to the character and emotional tone of his posts where accusations and discreditations are going on in each post. We will be grateful to all who can help us back our claims about this user.

We have also compiled a list of additional resources that help support the authenticity of our project:

1.1 We are registered in the jurisdiction of the United States. (https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/) in the search field, specify levelnet. Corporate number: C4046746
1.2 We have a registered trademark (https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-application-process/search-trademark-database) in the search field, specify levelnet. Serial Number:87092110
1.3 We have a registered patent. (https://levelnet.co/files/Provisional%20patent%20confirmation.pdf)
1.4 We are on TechCrunch in SF (https://medium.com/@LevelNetwork/levelnet-techcrunch-disrupt-2017-report-c4b66dea9a69)
1.5 We go through Howey Test to fulfill the requirements of the securities regulator (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6khJNq3_ly5dVY2NzlFUkFKLU0/view) Registration is required. It is done so that other ICOs do not copy
1.6 We publish an information memorandum. (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Qwnd-nTBzTMUllUDJyWXdKTlU/view)
1.7 On our advisor board are respected people from the industry from of the valley (levelnet.co)
1.8 We are on Blockchain UA 2017 in Kiev (https://medium.com/@LevelNetwork/blockchain-ua-2017-kiev-cecce7882de9)

We do not hide behind fictitious names, you can meet with us personally. All project participants are public people. If it is necessary to give more evidence we will provide them to the audience.

LevelNet

Thanks for that guys!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
angel117

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:59:43 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2017, 09:02:43 AM by angel117

Hi guys.

Here’s our assessment of this situation:

Our hunch is that Angel117 is an aggressive former employee, who was removed from the project some time ago. While it would be easiest to discredit this attempt at harming our project as being mere trolling, we don’t want to leave any of our followers in doubt as to our projects merits, or the sincerity of our intentions.

Regarding his accusations towards the project  and the CEO, we believe his main motivation is for revenge (towards the project, the leader and individual people employed in the project). We believe that anything he would say will be aimed at discrediting us.

However, we feel it is important to provide the community with our answers and clarity on the project.

Regarding his statement that it is impossible to implement some functionality in the project means that a person does not have knowledge in the field of development management. We are not aiming to do everything at once, but move gradually from MVP to RTM.

Once again, here are our answers:

1. File Hashing is used to quickly search for KNOWN objects. This is the key to the speed of the algorithm that excludes trusted software from the need of any additional analysis. Detection of the same harmful objects, including those modified with the help of "morphers, cryptors and packers", is carried out through white lists.
2. Reports about malicious objects from LevelNet client applications are not sufficient for making these objects into the category of malware. This decision is made on the intermediate super nodes, the messages from which, in turn, are signed with a security key.
3. The author does not fully understand the principle of the work of LevelNet algorithms on super nodes. Dynamic analysis is not performed either because of the impossibility of automating such a process, or because it is not necessary. In this case, the white list is responsible for filtering.
4. In the speed and efficiency of information dissemination within p2p networks, each user can be convinced by the example of p2p file clients (ala bittorent), allowing to exchange huge amounts of data. The competence of the author in this matter raises special suspicions, in particular, at the expense of unsupported "report can be checked in a few days".
5. LevelNet does not use antivirus software, but only analyzes the reactions of its users.
6. For the functioning of the LevelNet network, there is absolutely no need to collect any personal data. All objects are represented exclusively by their hash-sums, according to which, as is known, it is impossible to restore the contents of the object or its belonging.
7. First, antivirus products do not exchange databases with their competitors. Secondly, the speed of updating the anti-virus database is estimated in hours; they use client-server connection protocols in which client devices do not contact each other, especially client devices with different antivirus products.
8. LevelNet does not perform heuristic analysis and preactive protection for one reason - no need. It is worth reminding the author that LevelNet is not yet another antivirus with all its inherent flaws, such as inefficiency of malware detection algorithms, slowdown of the device, serious resource consumption, etc.

Conclusion: Due to the fact that we are aware of the motive of his messages, we will ignore future communication with him.We adhere to the rule "Do not feed the troll". We ask the audience to pay attention to the character and emotional tone of his posts where accusations and discreditations are going on in each post. We will be grateful to all who can help us back our claims about this user.

We have also compiled a list of additional resources that help support the authenticity of our project:

1.1 We are registered in the jurisdiction of the United States. (https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/) in the search field, specify levelnet. Corporate number: C4046746
1.2 We have a registered trademark (https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-application-process/search-trademark-database) in the search field, specify levelnet. Serial Number:87092110
1.3 We have a registered patent. (https://levelnet.co/files/Provisional%20patent%20confirmation.pdf)
1.4 We are on TechCrunch in SF (https://medium.com/@LevelNetwork/levelnet-techcrunch-disrupt-2017-report-c4b66dea9a69)
1.5 We go through Howey Test to fulfill the requirements of the securities regulator (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6khJNq3_ly5dVY2NzlFUkFKLU0/view) Registration is required. It is done so that other ICOs do not copy
1.6 We publish an information memorandum. (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Qwnd-nTBzTMUllUDJyWXdKTlU/view)
1.7 On our advisor board are respected people from the industry from of the valley (levelnet.co)
1.8 We are on Blockchain UA 2017 in Kiev (https://medium.com/@LevelNetwork/blockchain-ua-2017-kiev-cecce7882de9)

We do not hide behind fictitious names, you can meet with us personally. All project participants are public people. If it is necessary to give more evidence we will provide them to the audience.

LevelNet

Yes, I am a former employee. And I have a lot about Pavel Shiklaev and project. In the first after a very long work, he deceived me for a large sum of money. I strongly relied on this money, because it would very much help me buy an apartment. But Pavel deceived me. He has no conscience. From the former employees with him no one is working anymore because he deceives people. All employees represented on the site have long worked in other companies. He does not have a team.

I want to warn people not to deal with this scoundrel!

At the expense of the arguments for the project. My arguments are logical and there is no connection with whether I want to take revenge or not. Any expert who values ​​his reputation will confirm my words!

1. Malicious software uses a morph or cryptor. This means that the sum of the file on each system is different. This means that the database will be empty for all malicious programs. And there is no sense in the fact that this malicious program was detected on another computer, because the client will not be able to recognize it and identify the threat reports.

2. No super nodes and so on can not weed out fake reports. Since everything that the client makes is left can be repeated automatically. His statements about super nodes and signatures are fraudulent, to give at least some sort of response to an unsolvable problem.

3. I made the assumption that you will check the reports on the server using anti-virus software, because you said this earlier, but you generally do not want to check them and it makes it very easy to manipulate statistics from the outside.

4. I said that in a few days, then if you checked the files on the server. Connections of the peer-to-peer do not provide a second reaction. BitTorrent is arranged differently, it has a central user directory. However, data transfer by peer-to-peer means transferring data between the CHARGE of nodes, and not directly. It says that Pavel do not even own the technologies that he claiming.

For example schema of peer-to-peer network:
https://i.imgur.com/BqYC1XL.jpg

5. No antivirus company will allow you to use their software for commercial purposes, even on the client side. If you think otherwise, you could write a letter at least to one of the antivirus companies with this issue and officially publish the answer on the site. You did not, so you already know that you are prohibited from using their software in this way.

6. ---

7/8. Antivirus companies sell each other's bases is a well-known fact. And the antivirus is able to recognize the threat through algorithms that have been developed for many years. Strong proactive defense systems are developed. But you seriously argue that this is not necessary and for security it is enough just to compare the hash sum of the file Huh

The fact that the company is officially registered does not deny that this is a scam. They will simply launder money for example through non-existent salaries. In Russia, this is a common practice for paper wages is one, but the employee is paid several times less.
dev_invest

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:54:50 AM

Already there are software products such as a complimentary Comodo firewall. It controls not only the launch of programs as in levelnet, but also network connections, access to the registry, to autostarting, access to memory and much more. It also has a security policy based on the reactions end-point of the users and the trust of the publisher.

It's really not enough to compare the hash sum of the file. I agree with the arguments of Angel117. Malicious programs have a unique hash amount, so the antivirus response to a file on another computer can not be attributed to a malicious file on another. In this case, the any antivirus is easily recognized due to heuristic analysis. It turns out that reports of reactions any antivirus does not make sense, because this information can not be used and displayed to another user.

And do you have confirmation from antivirus companies that they allow you to use the work of their product for commercial purposes? You need to make a request to each antivirus company and publish their responses on the project website.
LevelNet

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

LevelNet Official

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 08:05:34 PM

Hey guys, I just found out about this project. I really like the idea. I am planning to read the whitepaper today. Is the a prototype available?

Thank you! We do have a demonstrative video for our prototype: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDLfvA9EqNU

▀▀▀▀  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  LEVELNET  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄               The World’s First Distributed Cyber Security Platform               ▄▄▄▄
FACEBOOK  ■  TWITTER  ■  MEDIUM  ■  REDDIT  ■  STEEMIT  ■  WEBSITE  ■  WHITEPAPER
LevelNet

LevelNet Official

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 08:06:36 PM

Hey.

Can you let me know why I haven't been updated for the signature bounty here on the 13th?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eqoKACNr61qRMspz4hipHCGpSbjwY-fK2feb_H3tfkA/edit#gid=2010394730

Hi, for all bounty-related questions please join our dedicated bounty channel: https://t.me/levelnetbounty

▄▄▄▄               The World’s First Distributed Cyber Security Platform               ▄▄▄▄
FACEBOOK  ■  TWITTER  ■  MEDIUM  ■  REDDIT  ■  STEEMIT  ■  WEBSITE  ■  WHITEPAPER
housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:05:24 AM

This project look similar to Rivert correct me If I'm wrong here because I haven't have time to study the project in details also can't find the softcap for the ICO
alexlevelnet

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:30:02 AM

Hi guys!
Im Alex, CTO at LevelNet.
Feel free to ask me if you have any technical questions!

My contacts listed below. Also you can use PM.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexander-bodiagin-9275b9124/
alex@levelnet.co
BlackMercury

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:36:26 AM

The scam accusations was slightly worrying, thanks for addressing that LevelNet!
angel117

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:50:07 AM

The scam accusations was slightly worrying, thanks for addressing that LevelNet!

This project is a scam. It is impossible to protect the system from malicious software only by comparing the hash sum of the file. Especially they want to collect 1.5-55 million dollars, but the project is too simple to spend such amounts on implementation.
angel117

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:00:01 AM

Hi guys!
Im Alex, CTO at LevelNet.
Feel free to ask me if you have any technical questions!

My contacts listed below. Also you can use PM.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexander-bodiagin-9275b9124/
alex@levelnet.co

Please, answer my questions that I asked earlier
Darkoth89

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:52:49 PM

Guys any reason the bounty spreadsheets haven't been updated..? Do you need help with it?
angel117

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:40:37 PM

Guys any reason the bounty spreadsheets haven't been updated..? Do you need help with it?

Better answer the questions people ask you.
LevelNet

LevelNet Official

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 09:25:48 PM

Thank you for the offer, while we are doing it ourselves. We will conduct the check during today. In the past check, we found a lot of bots in the tables, a record number. Therefore, since the last check, we check the profiles very carefully, first in a separate file. Therefore, you do not see updates on the same day. Anti-bot inspection can not be carried out in one day =(

LevelNet

LevelNet Official

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 09:55:18 PM

This project look similar to Rivert correct me If I'm wrong here because I haven't have time to study the project in details also can't find the softcap for the ICO

We are from the same industry, but we have different projects.

Our hard cap is $ 55M and soft cap $1.5M in a crypto currency equivalent, including all discounts and bonuses. And it is important to say that this amount is divided into several funds, which are aimed at maintaining liquidity. For example, part of the collected funds goes to the Buyback Fund, which can be up to 40% of all collected funds, depending on the number of tokens sold during the period token crowdsale. This fund is regulated and provided with a smart contract, the purpose of which is to regularly and automatically buy back tokens from crypto currency exchanges by creating a market order. The hard cap was chosen not accidentally. when it is reached, another development and implementation fund will be formed in the amount of 35% of the total amount of attraction, and this will allow to implement the development, implementation and marketing strategy for 2 years.

-----------------------------------------------

To date, we see the situation: Projects collected money from investors. Most investors need quick profits (with quick exit strategies) due to speculative deals with tokens. Tokens after listing on stock exchanges are falling in price, as there is no product, no news, no volatility. Investors are upset and lose faith in the project and ICO. The projects did not think about liquidity at the beginning of the creation of the ICO and did not answer the main question: Why the token will grow in value until the project develops.

cryptohawkz

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:15:53 PM

We are from the same industry, but we have different projects.

Our hard cap is $ 55M and soft cap $1.5M in a crypto currency equivalent, including all discounts and bonuses. And it is important to say that this amount is divided into several funds, which are aimed at maintaining liquidity. For example, part of the collected funds goes to the Buyback Fund, which can be up to 40% of all collected funds, depending on the number of tokens sold during the period token crowdsale. This fund is regulated and provided with a smart contract, the purpose of which is to regularly and automatically buy back tokens from crypto currency exchanges by creating a market order. The hard cap was chosen not accidentally. when it is reached, another development and implementation fund will be formed in the amount of 35% of the total amount of attraction, and this will allow to implement the development, implementation and marketing strategy for 2 years.

https://i.imgur.com/pp9jcq6.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/77WP0cR.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/64C0BEs.jpg

To date, we see the situation: Projects collected money from investors. Most investors need quick profits (with quick exit strategies) due to speculative deals with tokens. Tokens after listing on stock exchanges are falling in price, as there is no product, no news, no volatility. Investors are upset and lose faith in the project and ICO. The projects did not think about liquidity at the beginning of the creation of the ICO and did not answer the main question: Why the token will grow in value until the project develops.

Great job on the whitepaper and strategy guys! Using the ICO to build a fund for maintaining liquidity is an original feature that benefits and protects LevelNet investors.
LevelNet

LevelNet Official

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 10:38:56 PM

LevelNet's attractive value proposition will convert into a large customer base.

Learn more about our financial model and valuation on our blog: https://medium.com/@LevelNetwork/financial-model-and-valuation-38cd80d3ed4c

CryptoBeefy

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:52:09 PM

Angel you realise Darkoth doesn't work for LevelNet right?
angel117

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:02:02 AM

He has a levelnet logo, so he is also responsible. Large companies that have a technical analyst will not invest in this scam project, but ordinary people look only at the wrapper and do not go into details. They can become victims of these scammers.
Darkoth89

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:04:35 AM

Thank you for the offer, while we are doing it ourselves. We will conduct the check during today. In the past check, we found a lot of bots in the tables, a record number. Therefore, since the last check, we check the profiles very carefully, first in a separate file. Therefore, you do not see updates on the same day. Anti-bot inspection can not be carried out in one day =(

Yeah, I just saw the amount of bot reported.. That's insane, thanks guys didn't realize it was such a big problem!

He has a levelnet logo, so he is also responsible. Large companies that have a technical analyst will not invest in this scam project, but ordinary people look only at the wrapper and do not go into details. They can become victims of these scammers.

Lol, taking part in the bounties doesn't make me responsible, just like the hundreds of twitter bounty participants.
CryptoBeefy

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:48:05 AM

That's some funny logic you've got going on there and if that's how you think, you're not going to convince the masses on your side of this debate.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: