Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:09:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL still hasn't shipped a single single?  (Read 2109 times)
solitude (OP)

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:27:15 PM

Josh's bullshit Post of the Day on May 24th was "As for the Singles, hopefully next week... we should have some boards coming in on Tuesday I think."

Another week gone by and still no singles shipped.

IIRC they started "shipping" jalapenos at the start of May.  May is now gone by and they've shipped how many jale's?   100 tops?

There is obviously zero bitcoin enthusiasts with a background in Law because BFL should have been taken to court months ago.

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 07:29:40 PM

BFL has yet to request a single trade-in to be sent back to their facility. I'm sure they're just as excited as everybody else to finally get them useless rigs stocked in their museum.
Streets 2.0

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:30:12 PM

Im surprised it hasnt happened yet, or someone do something far worse and more sinister to him and his cronies.  Problem with being a con-man is that eventually someone will catch up with you, and typically their intentions are not peaceful.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 07:31:17 PM

Im surprised it hasnt happened yet, or someone do something far worse and more sinister to him and his cronies.  Problem with being a con-man is that eventually someone will catch up with you, and typically their intentions are not peaceful.

Are you implying WWJDBD?
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:31:47 PM

Josh's bullshit Post of the Day on May 24th was "As for the Singles, hopefully next week... we should have some boards coming in on Tuesday I think."

IIRC they started "shipping" jalapenos at the start of May.  May is now gone by and they've shipped how many jale's?   100 tops?

There is obviously zero bitcoin enthusiasts with a background in Law because BFL should have been taken to court months ago.
If BFL is taken to court, then no one gets their miners.  If they are not, then people get their miners, they just get them late.

Given that a 60GH/s single is still slated to make $10k/month, I'm sure most first-day orderers would much rather take the non-litigation route and have a money machine pumping out as much in one day as they'd be likely to see in reward from any lawsuit.
Trongersoll

Merit: 501

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:36:22 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2013, 08:09:06 PM by Trongersoll

IIRC they started "shipping" jalapenos at the start of May.  May is now gone by and they've shipped how many jale's?   100 tops?

Given that a 60GH/s single is still slated to make $10k/month.

I'd rethink that statement. Difficulty will have been raised and this machine will be needed just to keep up.
Streets 2.0

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:51:14 PM

Are you implying WWJDBD?

Just stating the obvious... I never pre-ordered from BFL, just a quick search of their background and previous con's steered me away.  I am surprised so many did put their trust in them.

glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:53:58 PM

I'm starting to find this pretty funny (yet would not at all if I had paid for any BFL pre-orders).

BFL has been saying things are "next week" away for at the last few months, possibly up to 6 or 7 months. Why, on the 32th week, or the 43rd week, would anyone expect them suddenly to be correct or accurate when all prior "next week" claims have proven to be inaccurate?

I think a psychology student would have enough to base a doctorate thesis on, if they followed this BFL fiasco.  

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 07:58:01 PM

IIRC they started "shipping" jalapenos at the start of May.  May is now gone by and they've shipped how many jale's?   100 tops?

If BFL is taken to court, then no one gets their miners.  If they are not, then people get their miners, they just get them late.

Given that a 60GH/s single is still slated to make $10k/month, I'm sure most first-day orderers would much rather take the non-litigation route and have a money machine pumping out as much in one day as they'd be likely to see in reward from any lawsuit.

Sorry I don't follow you there. If they are dragged in curt they wouldn't do themselves any good by not cooperating.
And there aren't even prototypes for the singles.

That said I remember the same kind of rhetoric being used with pirate.
hl5460
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 08:08:39 PM

There should be some waiver/disclaimer clauses when ordering BFL.

Streets 2.0

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:10:03 PM

There should be some waiver/disclaimer clauses when ordering BFL.

Should that waiver or disclaimer read something along the lines of "expect to be bent over and prepare for your butt to hurt"  ?

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:14:12 PM

So you don't want BFL to be taken to court because the penalties for their illegal activities will be the final nail in the coffin?

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:16:38 PM

So you don't want BFL to be taken to court because the penalties for their illegal activities will be the final nail in the coffin?

get a refund

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:31:00 PM

Sorry I don't follow you there. If they are dragged in curt they wouldn't do themselves any good by not cooperating.
And there aren't even prototypes for the singles.

That said I remember the same kind of rhetoric being used with pirate.
If they are dragged into court and forced to pay anything more than they can afford to pay, then the company goes under and creditors only get a portion of their money back, and no one gets any more miners, because the company went under.

There is a prototype for the single.  It was shown at the 2013 Bitcoin Conference.  Many people walked around that table with a 52GH/s machine hashing away on it.

I'm certain people did use the same kind of rhetoric with pirate.  I myself have no doubt BFL will eventually deliver working ASIC miners to all of their customers myself, but I understand why people still have their doubts.  Anyone who still has an order in with BFL (and thus would have a reason to sue them) is likely in the same boat of believing they will still deliver, thus, they would be out of their minds to initiate a lawsuit against BFL.

As long as BFL continues giving out refunds to whomever asks for one, they are in no danger of being sued.

If BFL is taken to court, then no one gets their miners.  If they are not, then people get their miners, they just get them late.

Exactly.  Why would I want $800 instead of a money machine printing $800/day, even if it is 9 months later than expected?
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:36:32 PM

I will just be happy if I get my money back on my singles at this point. Anything beyond breaking even is gravy.

For me, the whole mining investment is a way to turn fiat into BTC while making BTC more secure, but in retrospect, just buying BTC would have been a far better investment from a purely financial perspective.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:40:03 PM

If BFL is taken to court, then no one gets their miners.  If they are not, then people get their miners, they just get them late.

Exactly.  Why would I want $800 instead of a money machine printing $800/day, even if it is 9 months later than expected?
So you are fine with pyramid schemes built on pre-orders as long as you are near enough to the top of the pyramid that you stand a chance of profiting from those beneath you.
Very telling.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:40:55 PM

So you are fine with pyramid schemes built on pre-orders as long as you are near enough to the top of the pyramid that you stand a chance of profiting from those beneath you.
Very telling.
Nope.  I do not believe BFL to be a pyramid scheme.  They are a legitimate company with many setbacks in their production process.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:42:59 PM

Very telling.
Nope.  I do not believe BFL to be a pyramid scheme.  They are a legitimate company with many setbacks in their production process.
Then why would you worry about people suing and taking BFL down via the courts?
You already said you don't care about BFL's illegal activities and just want people to refrain from suing them because you want your money printing machine.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:44:06 PM

Very telling.

I guess we could say the same about PirateAt40. He had many weeks of setbacks of not paying 7% per week and returning investor funds.

Must be legitimate right because he used to pay consistently...so he just is having a set back for now near 9 months.

Its okay let's just look the other way. Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:49:54 PM

I strongly believe this is the goal of most of the BFL trolls on this forum. They want to stir the shit until Big Brother gets involved and shuts it down... Most of the trolls have a vested financial interest in delaying more hashing power from coming online, as long as they possibly can...  Undecided

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:51:35 PM

Very telling.
You already said you don't care about BFL's illegal activities and just want people to refrain from suing them because you want your money printing machine.

There need not be any wrongdoing taking place, in order for the court system to bankrupt and destroy a company. Tax dollars=unlimited. Private lawyers and court fees=finite.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:54:42 PM

Very telling.

There need not be any wrongdoing taking place, in order for the court system to bankrupt and destroy a company. Tax dollars=unlimited. Private lawyers and court fees=finite.

Yeah, but that isn't what the discussion is about.  (BIG SURPRISE)
I asked if he was worried that BFL's illegal activities would be the end of them if they get taken to court. St. Spike said "Exactly". That is why I asked for clarification.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:01:07 PM

Very telling.
It depends on what sort of illegal activities they are doing, and whether I agree that they deserve for their company to go bankrupt over them.  But I don't think BFL has done anything purposefully or maliciously wrong here, so I do not agree that any lawsuit should be brought against them.  You could pick up any random Joe off the street and probably find 10 laws he's broken in that very day, but does that mean he deserves to go to jail?

And yes, I would prefer that no lawsuits be brought against BFL.  But at the same time, so does everyone who still has an order with BFL.  They would all rather have their money printing machines instead of a lawsuit that is unlikely to even fully refund their order amounts.  That's why I do not believe anyone will bring a legitimate lawsuit against BFL - because BFL will still deliver, those who have units on order know that they will, and those who do not believe they will do not have orders with BFL.

It's fun how you try to twist around my words to make me look bad though.  Smiley
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:39:35 PM

Exactly.  Why would I want $800 instead of a money machine printing $800/day, even if it is 9 months later than expected?
Very telling.
Nope.  I do not believe BFL to be a pyramid scheme.  They are a legitimate company with many setbacks in their production process.

Yeah, but that isn't what the discussion is about.  (BIG SURPRISE)
I asked if he was worried that BFL's illegal activities would be the end of them if they get taken to court. St. Spike said "Exactly". That is why I asked for clarification.

That's EXACTLY what the fuck it's about, but you're astonishingly ignorant, so let me bring you up to speed here.

He said, "I do not believe BFL to be a pyramid scheme.  They are a legitimate company with many setbacks in their production process."

Then you said, "Then why would you worry about people suing and taking BFL down via the courts?"

The answer is plain. Because the courts can be used to destroy even legitimate companies. So it's still a concern, when greedy trolls who have a vested financial interest in bringing down BFL before they can ship a product, are talking about using the courts to do so.

But again, you're astonishingly ignorant, so I'm wasting my energy typing this...

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:39:59 PM

Exactly.  Why would I want $800 instead of a money machine printing $800/day, even if it is 9 months later than expected?
Very telling.
Nope.  I do not believe BFL to be a pyramid scheme.  They are a legitimate company with many setbacks in their production process.
You could pick up any random Joe off the street and probably find 10 laws he's broken in that very day, but does that mean he deserves to go to jail?
Those broken laws would be civil violations, not criminal ones. They fine you for those, not throw you in jail.  Cheesy

And yes, I would prefer that no lawsuits be brought against BFL.  But at the same time, so does everyone who still has an order with BFL.  They would all rather have their money printing machines instead of a lawsuit that is unlikely to even fully refund their order amounts.  That's why I do not believe anyone will bring a legitimate lawsuit against BFL - because BFL will still deliver, those who have units on order know that they will, and those who do not believe they will do not have orders with BFL.
You should be rooting for others to bring lawsuits so judges could dismiss them as baseless (just like Josh claims). Except you fear that lawsuits might have merit. You are ok with some laws being broken as long as you get your money printing machine.

It's fun how you try to twist around my words to make me look bad though.  Smiley

I gave you every chance to clarify. You should not respond with "Exactly" if the statement is not actually exactly what you meant to say.

Nonsense and abuse.

BFL PR machine hard at work generating pre-orders.

wrenchmonkey

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:43:40 PM

Intentional ignorance of fact, while spouting own special brand of full-retard.

The trouble with facts is, they completely destroy your argument. I can see why you spend so much time avoiding them. Twat. Welcome to my ignore list.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:45:41 PM

Linking facts and explaining them to people.

The trouble with facts is, they completely destroy my argument. I can see why you spend so much time linking them. My ego can't take this. Welcome to my ignore list.

You keep promising, but you never deliver on that threat. Sounds a lot like a company I know of...

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:46:18 PM

Very telling.
You could pick up any random Joe off the street and probably find 10 laws he's broken in that very day, but does that mean he deserves to go to jail?
Those broken laws would be civil violations, not criminal ones. They fine you for those, not throw you in jail.  Cheesy

And yes, I would prefer that no lawsuits be brought against BFL.  But at the same time, so does everyone who still has an order with BFL.  They would all rather have their money printing machines instead of a lawsuit that is unlikely to even fully refund their order amounts.  That's why I do not believe anyone will bring a legitimate lawsuit against BFL - because BFL will still deliver, those who have units on order know that they will, and those who do not believe they will do not have orders with BFL.
You should be rooting for others to bring lawsuits so judges could dismiss them as baseless (just like Josh claims). Except you fear that lawsuits might have merit. You are ok with some laws being broken as long as you get your money printing machine.

It's fun how you try to twist around my words to make me look bad though.  Smiley

I gave you every chance to clarify. You should not respond with "Exactly" if the statement is not actually exactly what you meant to say.

Nonsense and abuse.

BFL PR machine hard at work generating pre-orders.
No, I would not root for anyone to bring a lawsuit up, because lawsuits cost companies money even when they are baseless.  And there's no telling when someone might find a judge who actually wants to bring a case through the system full circle, potentially bankrupting the company even if they did nothing wrong.

You're right - I improperly worded my reply when I said "Exactly", as I do not agree with the sentiment that BFL has done anything wrong.  I simply meant that I would prefer receiving miners to starting lawsuits, and I think any reasonable person would prefer the same.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:51:35 PM

I would not root for anyone to bring a lawsuit up, because lawsuits cost companies money even when they are baseless.  And there's no telling when someone might find a judge who actually wants to bring a case through the system full circle, potentially bankrupting the company even if they did nothing wrong.

*mumble mumble something something whistles innocently*
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:54:25 PM

You're right - I improperly worded my reply when I said "Exactly", as I do not agree with the sentiment that BFL has done anything wrong.  I simply meant that I would prefer receiving miners to starting lawsuits, and I think any reasonable person would prefer the same.

I was sort of astounded by your response. Good thing I gave you another chance to clarify before I brought out the torches and pitchforks.   Wink

ordy

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:58:04 PM

Very telling.
It depends on what sort of illegal activities they are doing, and whether I agree that they deserve for their company to go bankrupt over them.  But I don't think BFL has done anything purposefully or maliciously wrong here, so I do not agree that any lawsuit should be brought against them.  You could pick up any random Joe off the street and probably find 10 laws he's broken in that very day, but does that mean he deserves to go to jail?

And yes, I would prefer that no lawsuits be brought against BFL.  But at the same time, so does everyone who still has an order with BFL.  They would all rather have their money printing machines instead of a lawsuit that is unlikely to even fully refund their order amounts.  That's why I do not believe anyone will bring a legitimate lawsuit against BFL - because BFL will still deliver, those who have units on order know that they will, and those who do not believe they will do not have orders with BFL.

It's fun how you try to twist around my words to make me look bad though.  Smiley

Please stop trying to talk for all BFL pre-order "customers" - you do not know of what you speak.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:13:13 PM

Very telling.

Please stop trying to talk for all BFL pre-order "customers" - you do not know of what you speak.
My apologies, I will refrain from referring to all of them as an absolute in the future.
KGambler

Activity: 236

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:26:19 PM

Sgt Spike believes BFL is legit, but he's always been very reasonable and is definitely not a shill.  As for monkeywrench, he's a transparent shill and clearly has some kind of relationship with BFL.  I put him on ignore a week ago.

Sgt Spike, BFL may go out of business even if a lawsuit never materializes.  If they don't start shipping in bulk relatively soon, they will go under.  When that happens, no refunds for anyone, and no money printing machine either...  Every day that goes by there are more ASICs in the wild, more being produced and more being developed.  The clock is ticking for BFL, scam or no scam.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 10:29:40 PM

If BFL is taken to court, then no one gets their miners. If they are not, then people get their miners, they just get them late.

I strongly believe this is the goal of most of the BFL trolls on this forum. They want to stir the shit until Big Brother gets involved and shuts it down... Most of the trolls have a vested financial interest in delaying more hashing power from coming online, as long as they possibly can...  Undecided

+1  Also some may be hoping people in front of them cancel so they get items faster.  A dangerous move but possible motivation.

Sgt Spike believes BFL is legit, but he's always been very reasonable and is definitely not a shill.  As for monkeywrench, he's a transparent shill and clearly has some kind of relationship with BFL.  I put him on ignore a week ago.

Sgt Spike, BFL may go out of business even if a lawsuit never materializes.  If they don't start shipping in bulk relatively soon, they will go under.  When that happens, no refunds for anyone, and no money printing machine either...  Every day that goes by there are more ASICs in the wild, more being produced and more being developed.  The clock is ticking for BFL, scam or no scam.

BFL is now shipping Jally's and we are seeing many in the wild.  The shipping rate does seem to be increasing.

KGambler

Activity: 236

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:36:03 PM

BFL is now shipping Jally's and we are seeing many in the wild.  The shipping rate does seem to be increasing.

Could you tell us more about this?  How many are we talking?  How many do you suppose have already been shipped and how many of those have been shipped this week?
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 10:44:16 PM

Sgt Spike believes BFL is legit, but he's always been very reasonable and is definitely not a shill.  As for monkeywrench, he's a transparent shill and clearly has some kind of relationship with BFL.  I put him on ignore a week ago.

Sgt Spike, BFL may go out of business even if a lawsuit never materializes.  If they don't start shipping in bulk relatively soon, they will go under.  When that happens, no refunds for anyone, and no money printing machine either...  Every day that goes by there are more ASICs in the wild, more being produced and more being developed.  The clock is ticking for BFL, scam or no scam.
I agree with you, I just think they are finally about ready to ship, given that they've been able to show a working 50GH/s unit.  It's just a matter of waiting on the parts to arrive now.
MSantori

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:21:40 PM

We are discussing something similar here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=217036.0

I try to give some fact patterns in plain English in my posts throughout.

Marco Santori is a lawyer, but not your lawyer, and this is not legal advice.  If you do have specific questions, though, please don't hesitate to PM me.  We've learned this forum isn't 100% secure, so you might prefer to email me.  Maybe I can help!  Depending upon your jurisdiction, this post might be construed as attorney advertising, so: attorney advertising Smiley
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 01:52:09 AM

*Yawn* more bullshit from an imbecile, based entirely in fantasy.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 06:36:17 AM

I'd be very pissed if I would have ordered a single right now considering that all those jalas gonna take away my profits.

In the end the cumulative earning of a the average jala could exceed the average single...
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 07:21:46 AM

I'm glad to see someone shares my views.  All of the talk of lawsuits, complaints to the FTC, etc is counterproductive for BFL customers.  I still value a June minirig preorder at $100k+, so what is the point of taking legal action and probably just getting a refund of $30k. I can't see any case where customers receive "damages" based on lost mining revenue starting from some arbitrary date in the past.

It is too early for lawsuits against BFL, I'm still giving them a chance to deliver.

I'd be very pissed if I would have ordered a single right now considering that all those jalas gonna take away my profits.

In the end the cumulative earning of a the average jala could exceed the average single...
Yep, so much for the 1/3 1/3 1/3 plan.  It isn't worth getting too mad about though, early jalapenos are a drop in the bucket compared to the network hashrate.  If they ship a bunch of singles before the minirigs though, it will be more of an issue.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: