Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:40:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL still hasn't shipped a single single?  (Read 2109 times)
solitude (OP)

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:27:15 PM

Josh's bullshit Post of the Day on May 24th was "As for the Singles, hopefully next week... we should have some boards coming in on Tuesday I think."

Another week gone by and still no singles shipped.

IIRC they started "shipping" jalapenos at the start of May.  May is now gone by and they've shipped how many jale's?   100 tops?

There is obviously zero bitcoin enthusiasts with a background in Law because BFL should have been taken to court months ago.

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 07:29:40 PM

BFL has yet to request a single trade-in to be sent back to their facility. I'm sure they're just as excited as everybody else to finally get them useless rigs stocked in their museum.
Streets 2.0

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:30:12 PM

Im surprised it hasnt happened yet, or someone do something far worse and more sinister to him and his cronies.  Problem with being a con-man is that eventually someone will catch up with you, and typically their intentions are not peaceful.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 07:31:17 PM

Im surprised it hasnt happened yet, or someone do something far worse and more sinister to him and his cronies.  Problem with being a con-man is that eventually someone will catch up with you, and typically their intentions are not peaceful.

Are you implying WWJDBD?
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:31:47 PM

Josh's bullshit Post of the Day on May 24th was "As for the Singles, hopefully next week... we should have some boards coming in on Tuesday I think."

IIRC they started "shipping" jalapenos at the start of May.  May is now gone by and they've shipped how many jale's?   100 tops?

There is obviously zero bitcoin enthusiasts with a background in Law because BFL should have been taken to court months ago.
If BFL is taken to court, then no one gets their miners.  If they are not, then people get their miners, they just get them late.

Given that a 60GH/s single is still slated to make $10k/month, I'm sure most first-day orderers would much rather take the non-litigation route and have a money machine pumping out as much in one day as they'd be likely to see in reward from any lawsuit.
Trongersoll

Merit: 501

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:36:22 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2013, 08:09:06 PM by Trongersoll

IIRC they started "shipping" jalapenos at the start of May.  May is now gone by and they've shipped how many jale's?   100 tops?

Given that a 60GH/s single is still slated to make $10k/month.

I'd rethink that statement. Difficulty will have been raised and this machine will be needed just to keep up.
Streets 2.0

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:51:14 PM

Are you implying WWJDBD?

Just stating the obvious... I never pre-ordered from BFL, just a quick search of their background and previous con's steered me away.  I am surprised so many did put their trust in them.

glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:53:58 PM

I'm starting to find this pretty funny (yet would not at all if I had paid for any BFL pre-orders).

BFL has been saying things are "next week" away for at the last few months, possibly up to 6 or 7 months. Why, on the 32th week, or the 43rd week, would anyone expect them suddenly to be correct or accurate when all prior "next week" claims have proven to be inaccurate?

I think a psychology student would have enough to base a doctorate thesis on, if they followed this BFL fiasco.  

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 07:58:01 PM

IIRC they started "shipping" jalapenos at the start of May.  May is now gone by and they've shipped how many jale's?   100 tops?

If BFL is taken to court, then no one gets their miners.  If they are not, then people get their miners, they just get them late.

Given that a 60GH/s single is still slated to make $10k/month, I'm sure most first-day orderers would much rather take the non-litigation route and have a money machine pumping out as much in one day as they'd be likely to see in reward from any lawsuit.

Sorry I don't follow you there. If they are dragged in curt they wouldn't do themselves any good by not cooperating.
And there aren't even prototypes for the singles.

That said I remember the same kind of rhetoric being used with pirate.
hl5460
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 08:08:39 PM

There should be some waiver/disclaimer clauses when ordering BFL.

Streets 2.0

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:10:03 PM

There should be some waiver/disclaimer clauses when ordering BFL.

Should that waiver or disclaimer read something along the lines of "expect to be bent over and prepare for your butt to hurt"  ?

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:14:12 PM

So you don't want BFL to be taken to court because the penalties for their illegal activities will be the final nail in the coffin?

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:16:38 PM

So you don't want BFL to be taken to court because the penalties for their illegal activities will be the final nail in the coffin?

get a refund

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:31:00 PM

Sorry I don't follow you there. If they are dragged in curt they wouldn't do themselves any good by not cooperating.
And there aren't even prototypes for the singles.

That said I remember the same kind of rhetoric being used with pirate.
If they are dragged into court and forced to pay anything more than they can afford to pay, then the company goes under and creditors only get a portion of their money back, and no one gets any more miners, because the company went under.

There is a prototype for the single.  It was shown at the 2013 Bitcoin Conference.  Many people walked around that table with a 52GH/s machine hashing away on it.

I'm certain people did use the same kind of rhetoric with pirate.  I myself have no doubt BFL will eventually deliver working ASIC miners to all of their customers myself, but I understand why people still have their doubts.  Anyone who still has an order in with BFL (and thus would have a reason to sue them) is likely in the same boat of believing they will still deliver, thus, they would be out of their minds to initiate a lawsuit against BFL.

As long as BFL continues giving out refunds to whomever asks for one, they are in no danger of being sued.

If BFL is taken to court, then no one gets their miners.  If they are not, then people get their miners, they just get them late.

Exactly.  Why would I want $800 instead of a money machine printing $800/day, even if it is 9 months later than expected?
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:36:32 PM

I will just be happy if I get my money back on my singles at this point. Anything beyond breaking even is gravy.

For me, the whole mining investment is a way to turn fiat into BTC while making BTC more secure, but in retrospect, just buying BTC would have been a far better investment from a purely financial perspective.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:40:03 PM

If BFL is taken to court, then no one gets their miners.  If they are not, then people get their miners, they just get them late.

Exactly.  Why would I want $800 instead of a money machine printing $800/day, even if it is 9 months later than expected?
So you are fine with pyramid schemes built on pre-orders as long as you are near enough to the top of the pyramid that you stand a chance of profiting from those beneath you.
Very telling.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:40:55 PM

So you are fine with pyramid schemes built on pre-orders as long as you are near enough to the top of the pyramid that you stand a chance of profiting from those beneath you.
Very telling.
Nope.  I do not believe BFL to be a pyramid scheme.  They are a legitimate company with many setbacks in their production process.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:42:59 PM

Very telling.
Nope.  I do not believe BFL to be a pyramid scheme.  They are a legitimate company with many setbacks in their production process.
Then why would you worry about people suing and taking BFL down via the courts?
You already said you don't care about BFL's illegal activities and just want people to refrain from suing them because you want your money printing machine.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:44:06 PM

Very telling.

I guess we could say the same about PirateAt40. He had many weeks of setbacks of not paying 7% per week and returning investor funds.

Must be legitimate right because he used to pay consistently...so he just is having a set back for now near 9 months.

Its okay let's just look the other way. Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:49:54 PM

I strongly believe this is the goal of most of the BFL trolls on this forum. They want to stir the shit until Big Brother gets involved and shuts it down... Most of the trolls have a vested financial interest in delaying more hashing power from coming online, as long as they possibly can...  Undecided

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: