Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:41:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What about a new coin with a complete different concept:  (Read 746 times)
sevenseals (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:04:12 PM

What about a coin where the money supply will not provided by mining? What about a coin where the money supply will be provided by the transfer of a coin? That means: every time when a coin will be spend there will be a bonus for the one who spend the coin. For instance when somebody buy something for coins, he only pay 99% of the price but the salesperson will get the whole 100%. That would be an incentive that the coin will be spent and not leave in the wallet. The thing is that it has to be ensured that one person will have only one address, or that all addresses of one person are linked together. I think it could be a way to make a coin successful.

It would be a kind of freecoin, but nobody lose their money in the wallet. The more the coin will be used the more the coin will be inflated. And when the coin will be used more and more the inflation will be needed to supply enough coins for all payings.

What are your ideas? Is it possible to implement such a coin?

Sorry for my bad english.
HuuHachu

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:11:59 PM

What about someone controlling two addresses and sending money back and forth between them ? Smiley

noble: 9mKQpsfLeabjFsPv3YR9zYoAVymDPyfjCp
sevenseals (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:40:34 PM

What about someone controlling two addresses and sending money back and forth between them ? Smiley

all addresses for one person have to be registered or linked to each other. Or: one person will not have more than one address. And ... it has to be ensured that the same coin must not come back to the same wallet within a definite timeframe.
Fallout

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:55:07 PM

Then I will get some friends (or a "pool" on the Internet), where all the People are automatically sending coins to the next one ...
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 09:09:29 PM

Nice try though Wink

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:23:56 PM

What about a coin where the money supply will not provided by mining? What about a coin where the money supply will be provided by the transfer of a coin? That means: every time when a coin will be spend there will be a bonus for the one who spend the coin. For instance when somebody buy something for coins, he only pay 99% of the price but the salesperson will get the whole 100%. That would be an incentive that the coin will be spent and not leave in the wallet. The thing is that it has to be ensured that one person will have only one address, or that all addresses of one person are linked together. I think it could be a way to make a coin successful.

It would be a kind of freecoin, but nobody lose their money in the wallet. The more the coin will be used the more the coin will be inflated. And when the coin will be used more and more the inflation will be needed to supply enough coins for all payings.

that is purely inflationary.  you need some way of destroying money supply as well. 
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:38:38 PM

that is purely inflationary.  you need some way of destroying money supply as well. 
Transactions Galore! I'm Rich Biach!!
GSnak

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 12:06:06 AM

Or: one person will not have more than one address.

mmhmm
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 12:10:43 AM

You just divided by zero

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
sevenseals (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 12:38:22 PM

Then I will get some friends (or a "pool" on the Internet), where all the People are automatically sending coins to the next one ...

It has to be ensured that the same coin must not come back to the same wallet within a definite timeframe.
sevenseals (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 12:46:08 PM

No, in my opinion it is not. Because the more the coin will be used the more the coin will also be needed.

And additionally: When all the coins created so far were spent one time, the money supply will increase by only 1%. (once again: only when ALL coins were spent ONE time.)
sevenseals (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 01:15:51 PM

Transactions Galore! I'm Rich Biach!!

No! Please read my posts above.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: