Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:07:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Reason To Travel: Exotic Fruit!  (Read 543 times)
Waterberry (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:13:07 PM

Here's a couple links.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/skyydragonfruit/the-10-most-beautiful-exotic-fruits-in-the-world
http://list25.com/25-weird-and-exotic-fruits-from-asia-youve-probably-never-heard-of/
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1042

Death to enemies!

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 04:43:28 AM

OMG never heard about any fruit in those links, except for Lychee and probably Rambutan.

Potatoes, sausages and beer. And can You collect edible mushrooms in our woods without poisoning whole family? Here grows most poisonous mushrooms in world...

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:11:44 AM

Amerifag alert!

4 less reasons -- kiwano melons, durians, guava, and kumquats are already imported in the US, even in a lot of chain supermarkets. Some of the others are imported to urban areas where there's enough of a market. They're generally about the same price per pound as "common" foods out-of-season (except potatoes, since they cost about as much per pound as top soil). Formerly-exotic fruits and veggies are becoming big business as the US transitions from extreme consumption of processed food to extreme consumption of raw food. However, the US (kind of counter-intuitively) will always be a processed food stronghold so long as population density, on average, remains fairly low, where farmers ship to distributors who don't give a shit about a thousand or two people scattered around on a bunch of farm land. I've heard people say there are tons of farmers' markets popping up, but they must all be in California, because I still see them shutting down and replaced with something like Dollar General - and good fucking luck finding any fresh produce in those dustbins. I have to trek 50 miles for the really good stuff, with chain supermarkets still being 10 miles out. - But for a lot of it, almost nobody needs to travel 5,000 miles to experience another culture anymore.
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:39:20 PM

Tasted 8 or 9 out of the 10 fruit in the first link and 9 of the 25 in the second one... knew almost all of these though but some are not very easy to transport, so I have to wait until Bitcoin rises to a million USD a piece to be able to fly around the world tasting awesome fruit. Smiley

@MysteryMiner:
Yes, you can go hunting for edible mushrooms in the woods at my place - even though there are poisonous ones around too sometimes, you anyways only ever pick the ones you absolutely know for sure and just leave the rest alone. I guess it's the same in the place in eastern europe you're from (guessed from the lack of articles Wink ).

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1042

Death to enemies!

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 07:29:13 PM

Still people think they know that this mushroom is edible, they harvest and cook it and invite friends to dinner. Week or two later they die in hospital.

Does the same apply to exotic fruits? Because some of them in the pictures looks poisonous.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 08:34:26 PM

Most Beautiful Exotic
Lychee
wat

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: