Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:22:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin phased out  (Read 897 times)
coinscoins37 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:05:13 AM

What if someone creates a better digital currency? Will bitcoin be phased out? And how likely  is it for that to happen?
sakahayang

Activity: 414
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:19:13 AM

that possibility may exist. but I think for now it is very difficult, because however bitcoin is the first digital currency available so it is difficult to remove bitcoin from circulation.
TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 06:29:13 AM

It is possibly very severe to overcome bitcoin at any stage because bitcoin has build its market of attraction and vastly holding the interest and attention of people.
I don't think someone again may come up with such unique featuring ideas to take place of bitcoin currency.

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀
      ▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▒▒█▒██▀▒████▀
      ▐█▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▓▓▓▒▀▒▒▒▒▓██▓█▌
      ██▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒██▓████▓▒▒▒▓▓▒███▓█▌
      ▐█▓██▒▒▒▒███▀▒▒▒█▌▓▓▓██▀▒██▓█▌
       ██▒█▌▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌▓██▀▒▒▒▒█▒██
        ██▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒██
         ▀█▓▓██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▓▓█▀
           ▀██▒▀█████▄█████▀▓██▀
         ▄▄▓▓▓█████▄▄▓▄▄█████▓▓▄▄

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▀▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓        ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓               ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓               ▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌

░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓²         ` ║▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓              ╢▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓Γ    ▓╥  ╓▓┐    ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓     ╙`   ╙     ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓╥   ─,,  ,,─   ╓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓   `▓▓▓▀        ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▌            ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓       ,▄▄▓▓   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▄,▄▄   ▐▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▀ '▀▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▀▀▀       ▄▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀       ▄▄▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▄,▄▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
mondobitcoin

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:41:05 AM

Is possible, and you can see how many new alt coins are borned in the last time..
But at this moment nobody can beat bitcoin Smiley
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:43:37 AM

There are more than 1000 other cryptos. None has made it to 'phase out' Bitcoin yet. I really doubt, that this is going to happen and I will tell you why: Bitcoin has the best of the best developers working on it.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
pawanjain

Activity: 2688
Merit: 715

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:47:25 AM

Bitcoin cannot be phased out that easily because it has a widespread population from all over the world. Bitcoin has acquired a tremendous amount of people using it on a regular basis and so in order for bitcoin to phase (which is almost impossible) the so called new digital currency has to acquire more number of people than bitcoin does. And this won't be happening in this decade. So there is no chance for Bitcoin to phase out as long as we live.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
A1exander

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:50:39 AM

It is not impossible, but bitcoin has a big advantage of being the first. There are cryptocurrencies that may be considered technically better, but none of them phased out bitcoin yet.
CryptoTamer

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 06:52:22 AM

What if someone creates a better digital currency? Will bitcoin be phased out? And how likely  is it for that to happen?

bitcoin be phased out? i think it's impossible

if there is a better digital currency, and market demand switches to this coin maybe it will only affect the price of Bitcoin.
some altcoins claim that the coin is better than bitcoin, however,Until now Bitcoin is still king
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:52:30 AM

I doubt it, bitcoin has become a pioneer in the cryptocurrency and now it just began to expand its power to become a worldwide currency and i think its value now more overated then a few years before and has become the strongest cryptocurrency, its the same as US DOLLAR its a strong currency and in this case its not an easy way to phased out Dollar as does Bitcoin  Grin Grin
btc4url

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:52:50 AM

Phasing out BTC means phasing out the whole cryptocurrency ecosystem.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:52:50 AM

For me that cryptocurrency possibly replace Bitcoin on the top in the near future is already existed. Bitcoin Cash (BCH) the same as bitcoin but with larger blocks 8MB while Bitcoin only have 1MB this means that BCH can transfer funds faster and transaction fees are more cheaper. The only problem is BCH don't have that much attention while Bitcoin has a larger network and supporting infrastructure.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:57:32 AM

What if someone creates a better digital currency? Will bitcoin be phased out? And how likely is it for that to happen?

the possibility is always there. bitcoin's value comes from its network, and what happens if most of its users migrate to a different currency? well, most of the value will go with it. that's literally what will happen if the segwit2x fork goes as planned---the btc1 devs and NYA companies think that most people will migrate to the new fork since most miners are on board.

i'd say the possibility that bitcoin is "phased out" is unlikely. i'd give it maybe ~5% chance. that accounts for existential protocol failure (due to quantum computing, broken hashing algorithm, etc) and the possibility that an altcoin overtakes it.

Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:58:14 AM

None of them have been achieved by creating altcoin which has potential and market supply more than bitcoin. Even bitcoin supporters will never allow that happen at all. Since vitaliak creates eth to fight with bitcoin still that is also not fine to compete with the BTC. Smart contracts been now widely used by many people now with ethereum.
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:03:14 AM

I don't think so Bitcoin will never be phased out the other altcoins will be the first to go before Bitcoin go and what could be the other feature of that new digital currency, because all the other best features of digital currency has been exhausted.
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:13:34 AM

to replace bitcoin in my opinion may happen, but it is very difficult and little chance to happen, because we understand that bitcoin is the first digital currency ever created and also as the mother of coin, and I think bitcoin is still number one and never doubted.
kateycoin

Activity: 882
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:24:34 AM

I saw many coins in the market but in my 12months in crypto world no coins can phase out the bitcoin because bitcoin is a strong currency.

███    TWITTER      MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
Jovovich

Activity: 316
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:25:45 AM

to replace bitcoin in my opinion may happen, but it is very difficult and little chance to happen, because we understand that bitcoin is the first digital currency ever created and also as the mother of coin, and I think bitcoin is still number one and never doubted.

Each crypto has their own unique ways and even if their is such that is created it should be recognize as its own and not just 2nd bitcoin. And i dont think the aim of any other coin that has been created is to overstep bitcoin but rather just to extend their services using there own currency as a business opportunity by the help of the blockchain.
Dhaaaw

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:30:35 AM

Well to be fair new coins come along everyday in hundreds which means new technologies/ approaches and bug fixes come with them. So its quite easy to be phased but when youre as old as bitcoin youl be always in the spotlight.
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:37:50 AM

If someone were able to create a better digital currency then you will see Bitcoin as an alt coin like eth or other crpyto. That is really possible in the future but Bitcoin that is the reason they are creating alt coin to exceed Bitcoin.
House_stark

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:38:16 AM

There was a time when I used to believe in bitcoin, the virtual currency backed by math instead of any government, thought that it might one day replace cash as a relatively anonymous way to pay for everything from groceries to your morning coffee but now  I think that dream might be smack dab in the midst of crashing down, a function of the currency's code playing out. At stake is nothing less than two competing visions for the future of bitcoin itself.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: