Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:54:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Billionaire CEO Taizo Son predicts that ICOs will come to dominate  (Read 317 times)
GetBABB (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 10:36:19 AM

• Initial coin offerings (ICOs) will become a major way for startups to raise funds in the future, according to a Japanese billionaire investor
  • Taizo Son, founder and CEO at venture capital firm Mistletoe, said digital token sales democratize the fundraising process for start-ups
  • He said that consumer-facing businesses would likely have an easier time doing an ICO

ICOs are "very good because they democratize venture financing for not only professionals like venture capitalists, but also individuals can participate in exciting projects from start-ups to support," Son said.

For the full article see:
https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/09/20/ico-cryptocurrency-will-become-major-funding-source-billionaire-taizo-son-says.html

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RiseandFall

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:33:05 PM

Well it's a easy way to manipulate the market. Your tokens are 100% non mineable so no worrying about dumps from multipools and you get the benefit of 5% of the supply being in circulation but gaining the marketcap of 100% of the supply making their rankings on sites like www.coinmarketcap.com over inflated. This to try gain attention of people thinking it's some great project.

This will imo kill off innovation when money is so easily made with just an idea and marketing.

Outside of bitcoin... ETH, Gulden and syscoin are the ones pushing blockchain innovation and these ICOs are beating these coins in rankings (Gulden and syscoin).
In the case of Gulden they have merchants being added daily in the Netherlands and still only ranking 90th.

axrhuls

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:40:00 PM

He is right, ICO will beat traditional funding, they will dominate the funding and more profitable.
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:44:24 PM

Well it's a easy way to manipulate the market. Your tokens are 100% non mineable so no worrying about dumps from multipools and you get the benefit of 5% of the supply being in circulation but gaining the marketcap of 100% of the supply making their rankings on sites like www.coinmarketcap.com over inflated. This to try gain attention of people thinking it's some great project.

This will imo kill off innovation when money is so easily made with just an idea and marketing.

Outside of bitcoin... ETH, Gulden and syscoin are the ones pushing blockchain innovation and these ICOs are beating these coins in rankings (Gulden and syscoin).
In the case of Gulden they have merchants being added daily in the Netherlands and still only ranking 90th.

I agree but there are many that are innovating.

I worry that easy access to cash is being exploited by many and since they get the money up front some (or most) no longer have the same motivation to go further.

I believe that tightening on ICO is a good thing.  Besides, most of the time, ICO's are geared to benefit the wealthy anyway.  I don't have $50,000 or $250,000 that most good ICO require.  Based on my limited research, the ones that require less (and don't get sold out right away) are usually the bad ones.  The poor usually get victimized.

JMHO
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:14:09 PM

He is right, ICO will beat traditional funding, they will dominate the funding and more profitable.
that already mentioned in so many article that the icos will dominate the future of the funding project, That was not about the securities or not but about the research of the future.
Because those will never give up to participate in the icos, if there will be more new playes and that brings the more demand to the ico

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:18:10 PM

good report, and gives hope that all this ico business in china and now korea will settle down. why do china, u.s and korea try to do something different to what this Taizo Son guy is suggesting?

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:20:49 PM

Hopefully countries will start to regulate ICOS like S.KOREA said today it will do rather than blanket ban them. I think many people now are getting more and more interested in ALTCOIN ICOS and people who have never invested in the traditional sense. I think it is so much easier to get setup investing via Eth than going through brokers and what not, which is far more complicated for your Average Joe I think. I hope though that the market cap of cryptos grows though because in order for many coins to rise we need more money in the pools. 140 billion is nothing compared to the Forex and derivatives markets which have trillions of dollars in marketcaps.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:22:52 PM

when Countries start to regulate ICO's this will be a revolution. Most countries don't have knowledge about blockchain and will not try to regulate a un traceable system.
So i guess countries will not try to regulate ICO they will just ban as in Korea
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:31:22 PM

• Initial coin offerings (ICOs) will become a major way for startups to raise funds in the future, according to a Japanese billionaire investor
  • Taizo Son, founder and CEO at venture capital firm Mistletoe, said digital token sales democratize the fundraising process for start-ups
  • He said that consumer-facing businesses would likely have an easier time doing an ICO

ICOs are "very good because they democratize venture financing for not only professionals like venture capitalists, but also individuals can participate in exciting projects from start-ups to support," Son said.

For the full article see:
https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/09/20/ico-cryptocurrency-will-become-major-funding-source-billionaire-taizo-son-says.html

I firmly believe that ICOs will come to replace IPOs are tech moves forward. It is a lot easier to design and go through with an ICO.

Your investors are made public due to the blockchain so that is good news.You can easily see that the project is getting funding because of the publicness of the blockchain. Investing in a normal IPOyou would have no idea how well it is doing until the end.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: