Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:10:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if another altcoin surpasses BTC in value?  (Read 3916 times)
HiringYou

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:52:29 AM

After seeing the present growth rate of Bitcoin , we cant even think of any other altcoin surpassing BTC in value. But if some other altcoin such as ETH which is also growing at a fast rate surpasses BTC in value then demand for BTC will drop which will have a bad effect on the price as price will also drop down.People will start giving preference to ETH and will stop using BTC which will destroy BTC .

Presently 1BTC is approximately 4700$ and 1ETH is approximately 305 $ which means there is a huge difference between the price and on the basis of current price it looks impossible that any other altcoin will surpass BTC in value.
pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:54:28 AM

Not gonna happen over night and people will see it coming if it is going to happen. Yeah you should diversify if not already.
In the past years i have felt that is is always good to have bitcoin at any time rather than having any altcoin, at the end of the day all altcoins seems like gambling to me in which eventually the organisation wins. Hope i had more bitcoins.

lynn0729

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:35:06 AM

I think this situation will not happen.bitcoin is the leader of the crypto currency ,all the altcoins following it ,how can they surpass bitcoin? Nowadays,if bitcoin price drops,most altcoins drop too,which can show the leadership of bitcoin.i believe bitcoin forever!
supto005

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:42:55 AM

What will you do if some altcoin (XMR or ETH for example surpasses the value of BTC, either in market cap or by the price of a token each? Will you sell your BTC to buy the more "valuable" coin, or continue using and holding BTC? Also, what do you think are the chances that it could happen? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Anything can be happened in the Crypto_currency world. but as a my opinion i don't think so it can be or if it will happen i will  continue using and holding BTC.  Smiley
Yadstiker

Activity: 373
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:45:07 AM

In my observation, maybe someday there could be one or few coins that can pass the bitcoins price, but it is quiet impossible. To think that since the beginning bitcoin was already there and should we say the mother of all crypto.
Arkann

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 04:52:06 AM

Even in the more distant future, bitcoin is not threatened by the fact that it can be circumvented by the cost of some altcoyin. The second after bitcoin in the capitalization table is the etherium, which is more than ten times cheaper than bitcoin. Therefore, bitcoin is the undisputed leader of all crypto-currencies.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
ragavancoin

Activity: 1432
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:52:29 AM

There are more coins can cross the btc value in future. One of them is ETH surely it's will going to get more future  in coming days so my suggestion you can buy now and sell in future more than btc value.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
.CYBERTRUCK.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
KourtneyK

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:04:39 AM

First of all I don't think that will happen, second I will basically do nothing if ever another altcoin will surpass BTC. And I don't think there is an altcoin meant to create for that reason now, most of the coins usually has a purpose why it is created and not to just surpass Bitcoin so I'm sure BTC don't feel threatened at all.
Sendibere

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:09:52 AM

Bitcoins are one of the highest volumes in the market. And if there is more then it will be harder for them. Because it is trusted by all people. The only way to beat it is to follow his course and the years he has surpassed. That way, an Altcoins can exceed the price of bitcoins. The future is faintly readable so we go through the flow and accept everything happening
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 05:16:31 AM

What will you do if some altcoin (XMR or ETH for example surpasses the value of BTC, either in market cap or by the price of a token each? Will you sell your BTC to buy the more "valuable" coin, or continue using and holding BTC? Also, what do you think are the chances that it could happen? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.
Mr. Adam Smith will also find it difficult to figure what exactly can happen to the crypto currency world economically. Altcoins have a bigger capital than bitcoin, which makes its supply to be way more than its demand, people want to buy altcoins at a cheaper price and sell it for 100%,200%,300% profit. That's only part where altcoins come to play, it cannot compete against bitcoin in other aspects.

TanyaDegurechaff

Activity: 182

They say a thin line separates genius and madness.

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:24:25 AM

If XMR or Eth surpasses bitcoin someday i would still hold half of my btc and sell the other half to buy the altcoin that surpasses btc. the reason for this is that if before news breaks out like eth for example surpasses btc it will spread like wild fire and the effect will be large scale. but before the news takes effect on the exchange that's the right time to sell btc and buy altcoins so The price of btc is still high at that time. After that wait for that altcoin price to rise even more then sell some of it to get profit and buy btc at a lower price. The reason for buying btc is that the btc will surely will make a comeback thus increasing more profits.

Just remember in any trading buy low and sell high and you will surely get profit. Do not let greed and making decisions without thinking take over you.

"Miracles are illusions caused by insufficient observation and understanding. They're just... glorious misunderstandings."
BitDane

Activity: 1372
Merit: 348

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 05:30:55 AM

That is possible that another altcoin surpass in BTC if its community become bigger and Bitcoin technology become obsolete.  If so then I believe people will move in to the more advanced and have real application one.  But I believe there will be a transition period and Bitcoin community will have enough time to  adjust and move since takeover do not happen overnight.
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:36:26 AM

Being able to pass Bitcoin at this time is really hard because Bitcoin is always a top priority and investors prefer to invest in Bitcoin more. I think if you want the altcoin to pass Bitcoin then the altcoin must have a new revolution and be trusted by many people.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 06:03:07 AM

I don't see any altcoin to be able to surpass Bitcoin in short term. This is due to the fact that BTC has been here for a very long time as the first crypto.
One exception, of course, would be if something unexpected would happen.
Even if it would surpass BTC i would still hold/keep coins.
Im not saying i wouldn't also Invest in the surpassing coin.

leisha

Activity: 105

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:35:55 AM

I think there is no chance that an altcoin will surpassed bitcoin because bitcoin is the superior of all cryptocurrencies but if that happens I will convert some of my bitcoins into that altcoin so that I will earn profit on both cryptocurrencies. Also, I am sure that bitcoin will recover its value as time goes by.

[ N O M I N E X ]     EXCHANGE     ◥      telegram     ► facebook     ► twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)        in        T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
Lei Crypto bounty

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:44:00 AM

Then Buy and Keep that coin if your looking for Profit Smiley

Cryptolive

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:53:09 AM

Its too early to say that.As of now, we cannot expect it to be happen.But in the long run anything may happen. If the altcoin is more useful than bitcoin and has good features  then it may take over bitcoin. But it cannot happen now itself.This takes a lot of time.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▽  TRADE.IO  ▽     ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 07:57:52 AM

it wouldn't be impossible in the first place since everything about investments and currency values revolves in supply and demand and if ever bitcoin is surpassed by other cryptocurrencies ( which more likely happens maybe more than 2020's ) then it will just create the same cycle again.

kyori

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:04:48 AM

It will never gonna happen if you would compare the price of bitcoin with other currencies the gap is very high and bitcoin is more popular against other coins, no one will surpass bitcoin.

⚡️ IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD ⚡️ | TOKEN SALE | DISCUSSION |
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:16:10 AM

Bitcoin has go through several situation and after all things it gone stronger and stronger. Now people having lots of faith in it. And any altcoins have to do tremendously well to suppress the bitcoin. I don't think it is totally impossible but it is very tough to be done.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: