Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:29:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if another altcoin surpasses BTC in value?  (Read 3916 times)
Shiertwo99

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:44:55 AM

I think it is not possible for some altcoin to overcome Bitcoin. All of the altcoins are Bitcoin based. I mean, look at the exchange sites, how can you buy an altcoin? Of course through Bitcoin (and some via Ethereum). Aside from that, Bitcoin is the one who started it all. Therefore, it is the mther of all coins. And lastly, it is the only coin with unknown developers. We inly know its developer by the name of Satoshi Nakamoto.

Yes I agree it's impossible for other altcoin to overcome Bitcoin. It's like a tree, Bitcoin is the root and the altcoins are the branches. Without the root the tree will die.
It is not like that. There is no rocket science behind this fact that bitcoin is only famous just of having big profit ratios.

As now, if another coin with more profit ratio would be developed, believe me there is nothing about bitcoins would be remained on news. It is just matter of money and profits whosoever can make more that will be the king.
No i don't think that is true if an alter coin will surpass bitcoin i would be the number 1 i personally do think that that will happen i am actually almost sure which coin will surpass it but i am not sure how long it is going to take.
salihno71

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:44:51 AM

What will you do if some altcoin (XMR or ETH for example surpasses the value of BTC, either in market cap or by the price of a token each? Will you sell your BTC to buy the more "valuable" coin, or continue using and holding BTC? Also, what do you think are the chances that it could happen? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Not impossible but unlikely. Maybe only in case that some major flaw is found in bitcoin which is not present in future x coin and therefore people migrate to it to protext their investments. What will i do? No idea at the moment tbh.
Saezam

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:50:00 AM

What will you do if some altcoin (XMR or ETH for example surpasses the value of BTC, either in market cap or by the price of a token each? Will you sell your BTC to buy the more "valuable" coin, or continue using and holding BTC? Also, what do you think are the chances that it could happen? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.
Big No. No other cryptocurrency in the market will surpass bitcoin price even the promising one, at least not in short time.
Just my two cents.
Bram 666

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:43:49 AM

Bitcoin is altcoin Dad so that it is hard to find real surpasses specially in it Value .

Answer No one can close on is ETH
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:04:19 PM

Not impossible but unlikely. Maybe only in case that some major flaw is found in bitcoin which is not present in future x coin and therefore people migrate to it to protext their investments. What will i do? No idea at the moment tbh.
Simple when the whales or we can call them are the mover the price of Bitcoin want to transfer their money to other altcoin, they will have many reasons make us agree.
Of course, the technology and the ability of the Bitcoin system will be the subject they can take advantage in future as your said.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Beparanf

Activity: 2772
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:28:19 PM

Simple when the whales or we can call them are the mover the price of Bitcoin want to transfer their money to other altcoin, they will have many reasons make us agree.
Of course, the technology and the ability of the Bitcoin system will be the subject they can take advantage in future as your said.
Not now, see btc value now its way too high that will be hard to surpass by any alts, maybe some ICO who will eeleasw token with that huge amount alrwady can do that.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:34:40 PM

all that can happen. but I think that now is impossible, there is a good allcoin to invest, and I see a pretty good ico I think the chances are big enough to break the market.
lunnatic

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

COMBONetwork

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:06:11 PM

I prefer to the more "valuable" coin. If altcoin surpasses the value of BTC i will preferring to leave a worthless bitcoin because the "valuable" coin is more benefit we can get from trading it.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
in00

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:26:56 PM

i think ethereum will surpass btc soon
alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:43:33 PM

If this things happen that altcoins will surpass bitcoin its value,will my sympathy is still in bitcoin because whatever happens all altcoins when you exchange or trade it and turn to fiat currency it  will pass through back in bitcoin,we cannot exchange etherium or any other altcoins into fiat, we must trade it into bitcoin beford become fiat money.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
azmiupb

Activity: 51

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:47:16 PM

Maybe it will never happen
lalunalaguna

Activity: 127
Merit: 43

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:52:33 PM

It will be just fine for me if ever that thing you have stated really happen that alternate cryptocurrencies or altcoins will surpass bitcoin. Actually it will be just fine if the altcoins will excel their prices so that we can be able to have lots of big holdings from the campaigns or investments we have that includes altcoin usage. I will still hold into my bitcoin whenever that thing happen because I still do believe of bitcoin's capability to make its price rate grow much larger together with the other coins so that we can have a good and comfortable life.
Cacaparg

Activity: 835
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:00:39 PM

I  think it will be the same as with current coins, we have thousands  of coins with similiar value. And all of them exist. Why it is  aprobkem if will ne several coins with same prise as bitcoin?
zupptech0119

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:02:45 PM

I think its possible, but it takes more years or decade to come. If that time comes Im not change into another altcoin or I can invest my BTC to the altcoin that surpass the value of BTC.
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:07:17 PM

The price of bitcoin is still very high. But it still possible that altcoins can surpass the price of bitcoin. The price of bitcoin is still fluctuating and this is a sign that it is alive and a lot of users still demand for it. Altcoins today are still being horde because the prices of these altcoins are also fluctuating. One good altcoin is Ethereum, yes the price is still fluctuating due to its demand but i still think bitcoin will also have a higher value if the price is still rising. I would like to invest in those altcoins if they surpass bitcoin.
rajuahmed330

Activity: 450
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:37:50 PM

I see a alt coin which price is more than bitcoin. Just I surprised.
That coin name is 42 coin.
See details here- https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/42-coin/
Just amazing.
Now its price is 1.80 BTC. Around 9.66k usd.
Just awesome.  Angry

Be hardworker
arnux

Activity: 100
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:38:43 PM

Possible but not likely. Alt coins that have copied bitcoin have all failed and there is very few which are showing promising new features
Vaflia

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:49:38 PM

I think the chance of such an event is extremely unlikely, but if this happen I will increase the share of this coin in its portfolio by 15% (that's a lot for me)

natsu_koo

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:51:09 PM

Though it is possible that one of these days or maybe years after bitcoin will be surpasses by other altcoin but maybe not for a long term cause when people heard about cryptocurrencies in the web, bitcoin will be the first altcoin that comes into their mind since it is really popular, and to tell you bitcoins price is still increasing.
And if times comes that bitcoin will be surpasses by other altcoin maybe i would also invest, but it doesnt mean that im going to leave bitcoin because i stiĺl want to hold bitcoin.

Laccoin: It starts here with your Money
▨ Debit cards, P2P Loans, Index Fund ▨
➤ Whitepaper ➤ Facebook ➤ Twitter ➤ Telegram
pucunghul

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:53:31 PM

I can not see which coin will compete with bitcoin. nothing for now. see now the bitcoin value has reached a new record, this is very crazy and awesome.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: