Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:06:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if another altcoin surpasses BTC in value?  (Read 3916 times)
Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:57:53 PM

What will you do if some altcoin (XMR or ETH for example surpasses the value of BTC, either in market cap or by the price of a token each? Will you sell your BTC to buy the more "valuable" coin, or continue using and holding BTC? Also, what do you think are the chances that it could happen? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.
I can't see that scenario happening in near future at all. Currently bitcoin is a very strong flagship of crypto and i can't imagine alt surpassed bitcoin. If we are talking about 10 years later maybe it can happen as bitcoin tech will be outdated.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
jonruhoax

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:04:10 PM

very difficult to compete with bitcoin. I think there is no allcoin that can match the current bitcoin. but a lot of allcoin can make me rich in an instant. depending on the luck and coins I take as an investment.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:23:34 PM

Been wondering this too. Could automatically make Bitcoin an Alternative-Coin (Altcoin)? Or Bitcoin could continue to maintain its lead?  But hey, it isn't going to be easy for any Altcoin to dethrone Bitcoin. Few months ago I thought Ethereum could beat Bitcoin to become the no 1 crypto, strangely its price remains at N300 while Bitcoin suddenly started flying high after successful upgrades & resisting attacks
BlockMedx

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:52:37 PM

Instead of another coin surpassing Bitcoin, I think the flip will only happen if there is a significant flaw found in Bitcoin's code, or if some other catastrophe like a malevolent entity obtains 51% hashing power and controls the network.  Bitcoin won't be dethroned, it will have to fail on its own for something else to overtake it.  Its network effect is too great at this point.
dangful

Activity: 210

Decentralized Jet-Stream Encrypted Multi-Media Dev

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 06:55:42 AM

I think it's possible because we never knew the future of crypto currency. Other than companies are developing other Altcoins but also countries are now on their way for research and developing their own currencies.

blackr15

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:22:47 AM

in my opinion it is not possible other altcoin beyond the BTC value. because BTC ranked 1 in digital currency. and also a lot of devotees

so for that I do not believe altcoin could surpass Bitcoin ...
khimer_rangers

Activity: 565

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:08:57 AM

What will you do if some altcoin (XMR or ETH for example surpasses the value of BTC, either in market cap or by the price of a token each? Will you sell your BTC to buy the more "valuable" coin, or continue using and holding BTC? Also, what do you think are the chances that it could happen? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.
The only currency that can surpass the value of btc is eth. Its becoming quite popular. Quick transaction times and low fees is another plus plus point of eth over btc.
yes I agree with you,only ETH is able to compete with BTC,
but it takes a long time, because the price of ETH is very far from BTC.
but we don't know what will happen in the future, it could be BTC replaced by ETH or not.

ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:34:14 AM

Also, what do you think are the chances that it could happen? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.
In my own opinion, the case where altcoins like ETH surpassing the BTC in terms of value is POSSIBLE but not PROBABLE. I mean, it is really possible that it will happen, but the probability is less than 1%, I think. Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency in the world, and it is hard for people to just leave bitcoin and transfer their money to other altoins (I mean, why should I choose those new cryptos and leave the TRUSTED, TRIED, and TESTED).

What will you do if some altcoin (XMR or ETH for example surpasses the value of BTC, either in market cap or by the price of a token each? Will you sell your BTC to buy the more "valuable" coin, or continue using and holding BTC?

If ever any altcoins surpasses BTC in terms of its value and market cap, then I would still hold on my BTC. Why will I buy these altcoins AFTER surpassing BTC? That will be an unwise decision. The thing here is that we should buy the cheaper altcoins/tokens and wait for their values to rise up, not to buy altcoins/tokens with high value.
valentine401

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:42:01 AM

The only coin that is near bitcoin value is ethereum coins and i think that this eth coins do really have a future in the world of cryptocurrency, I see in the past few years how the value of this coins decrease and still recovers today. Now the value of eth coins is $355.
Delarock

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:13:38 PM

Bitcoin has go through several situation and after all things it gone stronger and stronger. Now people having lots of faith in it. And any altcoins have to do tremendously well to suppress the bitcoin
Theta Labs
Copper Member

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:52:26 AM

I think the network effect is too strong for an alt to surpass BTC, unless it fails to scale.
Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:12:36 AM

I can't see that scenario happening in near future at all. Currently bitcoin is a very strong flagship of crypto and i can't imagine alt surpassed bitcoin. If we are talking about 10 years later maybe it can happen as bitcoin tech will be outdated.
I can't see Aldo that other altcoin will surpass bitcoins value since its value is tripled or quadruple higher than other altcoins. Well maybe I shouldn't under estimate the potential of other altcoins but for I didn't see any altcoins would either tie or surpass butcoin, none of them.
Traslavin

Activity: 461
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:19:50 AM

very difficult to compete with bitcoin. I think there is no allcoin that can match the current bitcoin. but a lot of allcoin can make me rich in an instant. depending on the luck and coins I take as an investment.

I think yes its difficult to other altcoin to compete with bitcoin. I guess this thing isn't that puzzle to anyone here who knows the current value of bitcoin and so other altcoins. I didn't see any kind of altcoin would surpass bitcoin but if it so I didn't know, maybe I will be surprised also. But then every altcoin have their own potential in their own way.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
valying

Activity: 94

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:21:52 AM

I think there is a chance this will happen, it's happening or not depend on how much potiental that altcoin is. It needs a huge of good features to make the dream comes true.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Kakawate

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:25:55 AM

That is something that could happen in the future, but I think it wont happen anytime soon, but the probability is there. Cryptocurrencies are just so unpredictable that even their creators are being surprised about the outcome of their project, some are being disappointed and some are speechless because they never thought that it would go as far as it got.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:29:37 AM

It can happen and I believe it was. This is easily achieve with very low supply coin. So, it is not a big deal to have a coin surpasses BTC value, the important thing is trading volume.
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:32:43 AM

ETH and LTC have a potential to surpass bitcoin but it's hard to say it will be happening soon because most of the people want to stick with bitcoin when it's doing their job nicely.

KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:33:18 AM

Been wondering this too. Could automatically make Bitcoin an Alternative-Coin (Altcoin)? Or Bitcoin could continue to maintain its lead?  But hey, it isn't going to be easy for any Altcoin to dethrone Bitcoin. Few months ago I thought Ethereum could beat Bitcoin to become the no 1 crypto, strangely its price remains at N300 while Bitcoin suddenly started flying high after successful upgrades & resisting attacks
I also came to this curiosity of mine that I also asked to myself what if other altcoins surpasses bitcoin? Would it be possible? Well I guess it maybe yes and no,yes because we couldn't tell what will gonna happen next to digital currency world, who would've thought right? It's no because I believe in the superiority of bitcoin over other altcoin so whatever may happen let's all be prepared.
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:41:43 AM

maybe if another alternative coins surpasses the bitcoin in terms of value then it is time to the bitcoin it can reached it limit all we to say was a good of bitcoin. if the time has come then accept it don't push it if it is a fate. yes if the bitcoin was gone and surpasses by other alternative coins it is really that it have changes because they need to adjust that the preloved bitcoin was gone. but i think the value it is not enough to determine what are the good coins it is. because it is a digital currency and we know the main used of digital as a money online and it is need to become a faster in terms of transaction
Blockfolioz

Activity: 230

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 01:45:06 AM

Users have quoted different altcoins having the growth to surpass the value of bitcoin. If we go through the list one can understand the difference between the particular altcoin and bitcoin. Reaching the value of bitcoin is not that simple and if some altcoin makes it, then bitcoin will lose its importance.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: