Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:33:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if another altcoin surpasses BTC in value?  (Read 3916 times)
UchihaRukawa

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:46:40 AM

What will you do if some altcoin (XMR or ETH for example surpasses the value of BTC, either in market cap or by the price of a token each? Will you sell your BTC to buy the more "valuable" coin, or continue using and holding BTC? Also, what do you think are the chances that it could happen? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.

I dont think that is possible, some other cryptocurrency would beat the price of bitcoin now? That is gonna be hard to do, if its gonna happen, then that cryptocurrency is gonna be the talk of the whole cryptoworld and everyone is gonna buy and hold on that coin, but I think Bitcoin won't disappear.

sicparvismagna

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:54:01 AM

If that happens then I will continue holding on bitcoin because I kept my trust and faith in the rise of bitcoin because it have proven time and time again that it is here to stay and it is here to be one of the future currency in the world today. And chances of that happening is most likely slight because again if you compare the popularity of bitcoin among other alternative coins they vary differently.
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:05:24 AM

What will you do if some altcoin (XMR or ETH for example surpasses the value of BTC, either in market cap or by the price of a token each? Will you sell your BTC to buy the more "valuable" coin, or continue using and holding BTC? Also, what do you think are the chances that it could happen? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.
I think no one can replace in bitcoin because as far as now the value of bitcoin is continiously increasing and becamed more popular day by day so thats why some people investing in bitcoin it caused to bitcoin become more sttronger.
lienfaye

Activity: 2940
Merit: 629

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:13:35 AM

At this current status of bitcoin its not possible as we know its the number 1 and trusted crypto of users.

We dont know whats in the future but i think if theres a coin that can surpass it the next in line would be eth.

If that happens i wont sell my btc and will continue to support it but ill try to invest in the new one who surpassed it.

abaidudez

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:24:32 AM

I don't really think that any altcoin can surpass the value of bitcoin now. Not even half of the value of bitcoin any altcoin reached it. But there are possibilities that it will be gone if you are reading history. If history will repeat like what happen in 16th century, about the tulipomania. Where everyone in Holland began to collect tulip bulb and everyone selling it in high price. I hope BTC price up not just a mania. But I watched some videos that it will reach 50,000$ early next year. Let us just hope it will and will not crash.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:36:09 AM

Currently, I'd say it's not possible for any altcoin to overthrow bitcoin as the king of cryptocurrencies because of the market value of bitcoin.
Considering the chart,  the value of bitcoin is about 8200 usd while the value of the closest competitor, which is eth, is just 376 usd. Looking at the difference in the value, we realize that it will take years of development on the part of these altcoins to overthrow bitcoin.
But if it does happen, as there nothing that's impossible, I will convert some of my bitcoins to the altcoin and make some investments with it.

iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:44:22 AM

Anything is possible but Bitcoin currently enjoys a 10X price premium versus its closest competitor. Another coin, such as ETH could potentially overtake in in market-cap one day, but I still think that would be a few years off. Myself, I hold BTC as well as many of the popular alts, so I would probably continue to hold a variety of promising coins including BTC if it were to ever become dethroned.

ETH will likely be the one that over takes BTC in the marketcap. But that doesn't mean that ETH is actually being used for buying/selling goods and services. Many things on the ETH chain are for ICOs and people who raise money through ICOs get paid in ETH when they fundraise for it. This will see the balance of ETH going into programming teams/developers/businesses and other stuff like that.

It may actually create a scenario where in years from now most normal people don't have any balance of ETh because it is too much money. Similar to what would happen to BTC eventually. people sell out of their BTC at a certain point. If BTC is 1 million USD yeah I am selling out of it, taking that 1 million USD and investing in other things and other coins that can go to the moon.
bluehodl

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:00:05 AM

Do you believe there is an Altcoin that can do that? I do not believe in that and I just believe Bitcoin will always be the king of the crypto market.
Uses

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:01:25 AM

Impossible. Every other alt-coin is a substitute to BTC. Everything with BTC right now is well established and there's no possible chance that a newer coin will ever top BTC. It's the foundation.

theskyer95567

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:15:22 PM

I think that is unlikely,
now the bitcoin price is too high and its utility is too common
I hope My comments can help you
Erlinda Santiago

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:30:33 PM

it wont happen no one cant surpasses the bitcoin because it is most powerful of all altcoins in the world

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
monika27

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:20:57 PM

I dont think there would be new coin to surpass btc specially in the near future maybe possible in 20 or more years from now lol. Even other altcoin surpass btc I still wont shift interest because if that time happen and I dont have that certain coin dont think there would still be too much significance if I buy cause thats too expensive already.
aray80

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:29:49 PM

Other altcoins may exceed the price of bitcoin because not a few altcoins whose prices compete very close to bitcoin...
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:36:13 PM

I dont think there would be new coin to surpass btc specially in the near future maybe possible in 20 or more years from now lol. Even other altcoin surpass btc I still wont shift interest because if that time happen and I dont have that certain coin dont think there would still be too much significance if I buy cause thats too expensive already.

Well there isn't any around that i can see and  for another altcoin to dethrone bitcoin it will take an innovation beyond what bitcoin offered and  for that i don't think there will be any in the near future.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:49:44 PM

I don't see how this could happen, at least not in the near future. There are some altcoins with good perspective and the value that has chances to rise more but none of them will come close to bitcoin value. For this to happen some other preconditions besides pure price should be filled and that is not that easy and can't happen over night. No other altcoin has the chance unless something really, really bad happens to bitcoin.

malaj
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:02:28 PM

Well there isn't any around that i can see and  for another altcoin to dethrone bitcoin it will take an innovation beyond what bitcoin offered and  for that i don't think there will be any in the near future.
Bitcoin Cash has the ability to surpass the value of Bitcoin and I think that it's a only a matter of time before it can really overtake bitcoins but I surmise that it's going to take a number of years before that happens. A lot of people are going to flock towards it since it will give them more profits.
vionas

Activity: 261

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:23:32 PM

For now the bitcoin is the king of coins and no altcoin can beat it. I think bitcoin will remain the king of coins in the next few years.
DreamToken
Copper Member

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:30:08 PM

Ethereum has a big chance of surpassing Bitcoin. It's already 50% of it's marketcap.

▬▬▬ DREAM Token ▬▬▬
When  You  Need  a  Team
▬▬▬▬ dream.ac ▬▬▬▬
Red Fire

Activity: 189
Merit: 28

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:32:21 PM

I will continue holding bitcoin because if it will happen bitcoin's price will just decrease but it can't be erase from the market. It will decrease because maybe some people will choose other cryptos and its demand will also decrease.
CornHub

Activity: 62
Merit: 60

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:35:51 PM

I don't see any altcoin that can surpass the bitcoin's value. It is called altcoins derived from Alternative Coins so it must be an option for whom that cannot afford buying bitcoin and other high valued cryptocurrency. Altcoins is for those who wants to start with low capitals and earn from it to afford higher valued coins like what i've mention such as bitcoin , Ethereum etc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: