Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:15:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if another altcoin surpasses BTC in value?  (Read 3916 times)
GalahadSeika

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:56:49 PM

Back then I used to believe that some other crypto currency will replace Bitcoin like Ethereum but from what I've observe through years Bitcoin is still remains the "mother of all crypto currency" the stockmarket etc still revolves around it. I believe that if some crypto currency perhaps ETH will surpass BTC I believe that BTC will catch up to that coin so my answer is No I wont sell my BTC to buy more "valuable" coin. Also the chances of this question going to happen is kinda low but possible through the years...
Oulay

Activity: 133
Merit: 37

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:04:51 PM

Ethereum is already at half of bitcoin's market cap so I don't see it far from happening.
Actually once an alt gets near bitcoin's market cap chaos will be all over crypto world.. Just imagine all the FUD here, in the news, around the internet and everywhere!! Panic sellers, panic buyers, bitcoin will lose a lot of its value while that coin gets it on the other hand..
So prepare for the time that day comes, and buy that alt before it beats bitcoin and sell after. At the end it will probably be a bump and dump situation like we saw recently with xrp.

My list of threads giving away merits: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3048258.0
Glydel1999

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:41:45 PM

If ever an Altcoin can surpass the BTC price, it would be something unusual but it is something to look forward for. The prices is still changing. We don't know what might happen.
Shrihari

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:47:28 PM

Well actually exists coins which are more valuable then Bitcoin.

So you can expect the unexpected......
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:00:19 PM

Almost every coin, which at a cost will exceed bitcoin, will also have the signs of a financial bubble, since a crypto currency can not have such a high value in our world. This is not realistic. That is, investing in such coins will be very risky. On the other hand, not every coin of great value has a good opportunity to make a profit. It may already be at the limit of its price opportunity. Therefore, in most cases, small new coins give good profits, which are just beginning to reveal their potential.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Barak Ocrypto

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:10:08 AM

Short term very unlikely to happen, long term inevitable I would say. Just looks as how the BTC dominance is going down. At that point it could be just a momentary event - or the beginning of a new dominator.
kevin go

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:45:35 AM

Bitcoin is dominating cryptocurrency market since its introduction. Following bitcoin`s path many altcoins get introduced. But bitcoin kept its dominance and popularity intact. Bitcoin has travelled from $1000 to $19000 in less than two years. Bitcoins increased value, increased transactions charges, volatility, its use in illegal activities, and ban by many countries creating a wave of worry among bitcoin investors. As a result many investors by booking their profits shifting their investments. Altcoins are the best options for them, altcoins are relatively cheap, less volatile in nature. In future these altcoins may surpasses bitcoin currency.
boboyboi

Activity: 146

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:57:43 AM

in the wolrd of new technology anything is possible, but when we say that what if there is another altcoin surpasses btc price, i think it will not happen this year or 10 years from now. because btc is the leading coin and very popular in the world of crypto it is trusted and guarented by many users. 
Bezita

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:46:08 AM

Anything is possible but Bitcoin currently enjoys a premium price of 10X versus its nearest competitor. Other coins, such as ETH potentially overtaking in the hat-market someday, but I still think it will be a few years away.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:54:12 AM

What will you do if some altcoin (XMR or ETH for example surpasses the value of BTC, either in market cap or by the price of a token each? Will you sell your BTC to buy the more "valuable" coin, or continue using and holding BTC? Also, what do you think are the chances that it could happen? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.

I would trade half of my bitcoin supply and then buy some of thay expensive alt coin. I'd like to make as much profits from alt coins other than bitcoins. If that alt coin sky rockets in price after I trade, I would eventually sell it and go back to bitcoins.

I think the chances of it happening in 2018 is very high. A lot of alt coins released last 2017 has a ton of potential. They can surpass bitcoins easily with the right amount of support snd investors.

Tonygold1967

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:04:33 AM

Ethereum has a big chance of surpassing Bitcoin. It's already 50% of it's marketcap.

I don't agree, it is not realistic today.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 11:11:49 AM

I will not surprise if this will happen in decades. There is a possibility that another altcoin can surpass value of BTC if this will happen:
1. If the present problems of bitcoin will not be solved. The problems of bitcoins greatly affect the price of it. Many are switching into another coin.
2. If the community behind bitcoin is the same as the community of the altcoin. Since bitcoin is the first ever cryptocurrency, many trusted this coin already. If this will happen to an altcoin, there is a chance that it will surpass its value.
If another altcoin will surpass BTC in value, to be honest I don't know what to say. If this will happen then bitcoin will plummet, many will sell their bitcoin and then switch into that altcoin.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
rb26

Activity: 247
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:03:55 PM

What will you do if some altcoin (XMR or ETH for example surpasses the value of BTC, either in market cap or by the price of a token each? Will you sell your BTC to buy the more "valuable" coin, or continue using and holding BTC? Also, what do you think are the chances that it could happen? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.

I believe that that is bound to happen maybe not now or not in the nearest future but it will really happen. Which alts will get the spot, that is also still a mystery because there's plenty of new altcoins that are surfacing and one of them can have great potentials that can contend btc. For me, as long as btc proves to be a good investment and I'm still earning from it I will still keep my coins despite of it being dethroned by other promising alts. By that time I think I've earned enough to buy those alts so there's no need to trade my btc holdings.

heninur

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:20:02 PM

the possibility is always there, and I think that other alcoint may exceed the value of bitcoin, but this will not happen in the near term, because we all know that other alcoint prices are so far away with bitcoin prices, even the price of ethereum is still very far behind if compared with bitcoin prices. If this happens, I will consider whether bitcoin still has good potential or not, if in case the bitcoin continues to decline and loses by another alcoint, then I will sell bitcoin and buy a new coin that has good value.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
ichanjay

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:21:22 PM

That could actually happen in  my opinion. And i see ETH or NEO being able to do that. Maybe in 2 years. Who knows. Nothing is permanent in this world. Even Bitcoin being on the highest rank.
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:07:38 PM

The decision to keep or not keep the crypto currency depends on many factors.
That's where in the ranking is it is not the most important factor.
If we are talking about the cost of bitcoin, that is (or were) coins more expensive bitcoin.
freshm4ker

Activity: 726
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:37:59 PM

Anything can happen anytime and anywhere but no coins have value to exceed bitcoin. Maybe it will happen in the future because no one can predict any future and the altcoin market is so unstable today. Until now there are no coins that can exceed the expectations of bitcoin under any circumstances.
daduremi

Activity: 252
Merit: 9

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:56:20 PM

If this happens, of course, investors will divert their investment into altcoin
and of course bitcoin will be left behind
But the possibility of bitcoin replacement is very small, ETH although I do not think I can beat bitcoin
Because here what is needed is trust, and bitcoin has it
specsmuluk

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:15:38 PM

I do not think so. because the bitcoin is the first crypto currency and also it has a famous name all over the world, therefore my opinion bitcoin is always first rank ... Smiley
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:25:55 PM

Bitcoin had made histroy . It is the first crypto coin to be used and if for any reason an altcoin surpasses its value then so be  it. But bear it in mind that this  will not happen any time soon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: