Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:15:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if another altcoin surpasses BTC in value?  (Read 3916 times)
Ranker

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:28:26 PM

On a long enough timeline, the chances are close to 100% that some new altcoin or system is going to surpass Bitcoin in value.

There is not much you can do about it, other than speculate and try to be one of the first to invest in a new coin.
francesyrus

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:39:06 PM

What will you do if some altcoin (XMR or ETH for example surpasses the value of BTC, either in market cap or by the price of a token each? Will you sell your BTC to buy the more "valuable" coin, or continue using and holding BTC? Also, what do you think are the chances that it could happen? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Well, if there's one coin that probably can surpasses bitcoin it could be ETH. ETH now is becoming more popular and widely use as platform for most ICO that coming in the market but I think it could take some time.

By the way this coin surpasses bitcoin's value check it out: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/42-coin/

bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:36:43 AM

If this happens, of course, investors will divert their investment into altcoin
and of course bitcoin will be left behind
But the possibility of bitcoin replacement is very small, ETH although I do not think I can beat bitcoin
Because here what is needed is trust, and bitcoin has it
Even now there are present some potentially good altcoin and still people even trusting there to invest their money, but i think still it is not so easy, because the if we compare any of the altcoin with bitcoin, bitcoin value is increasing more from time to time. in fact bitcoin users are increasing more than any other currency and upto so one this will continue i do not think that any other altcoin have chance to overcome bitcoin. Bitcoin will remain as the kind for a long long time.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
FUD Expert

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:17:19 AM

That's not possible. Altcoin relies on bitcoin and it is the universal medium for fiat and altcoins. It represents crypto so if any altcoin rises, bitcoin 's price is already far from them so they can't surpass it.
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:45:46 AM

What will you do if some altcoin (XMR or ETH for example surpasses the value of BTC, either in market cap or by the price of a token each? Will you sell your BTC to buy the more "valuable" coin, or continue using and holding BTC? Also, what do you think are the chances that it could happen? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Actually, this is not impossible to happen since it is in nature of cryptocurrencies to be volatile and surpass the value of one another. I believe that every movement and changes of each and every cryptos affect one another. This is why for any altcoin to surpass bitcoin is really possible and could happen if bitcoin's value continue to drop down.

Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 07:54:45 AM

If that would miraculously happen and takeover bitcoin in such a surprising way. Then I think that a lot would jumpship and have to go to that altcoin which would then have an effect in its value more and would increase uniil it becomses inflated that it gets to the point where new people cannot invest into it anymore because of how high it is and then they would experience what bitcoin did with its dips and forks

chanpinchen

Activity: 99

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:17:49 AM

If that happens it means there are great demand for that particular altcoin for it's being accepted by more institutions ,as trader and investor it's natural I would ditch BTC when such tendency are first detected.
LeonardoDiCrypto

Activity: 340

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:33:58 PM

I guess one day it will inevitably happen - and this is likely to have a huge symbolic value - Bitcoin could crash at that point and perhaps not fully recover any more...
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:48:52 PM

It is possible ETH is on the right track. Especially that the number of units exceeds BTC. In a few years this may be so ...
BlasterS

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:09:21 PM

It is not likely to happen that the altcoin will beat the performance and the market value of bitcoin in the world trade market.
All altcoins that are operating too long in the market cannot beat bitcoin, how come the new ones can easily defeat them.
elizavetausova0112

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:22:16 AM

Yes, I'm also interested in listening to other opinions! For example, I can not explain it!
renggileh

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:27:54 AM

if bitcoin really falls, I think the main alternative is Ethereum
because since the beginning of this month, I've seen Ethereum have a potential rise higher than Bitcoin
Linhkej

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:33:31 AM

Getting ETH to pass bitcoin is a very difficult thing. Bitcoin is used in many different areas, because it carries in its own blockchain technology. This has made bitcoin different from other altcoins and is more user-friendly than other altcoins.
So, I'll keep holding the bitcoin until they come back up. I believe in bitcoin. that is my life.
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 04:00:45 AM

in my opinion the possibilities are very far away,because in terms of price BTC has a high price compared to other altcoin.
takes a long time to compete with BTC.
I wouldn't be that confident like your because as I look last year eth is only less than a dollar but it soar up to $1500 in just a year. And currently the price of bitcoin is equivalent to 10x of ethereum meaning ethereum could match bitcoin in the near future because it will have more demand because of its function and uses.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
ondabeat

Activity: 104

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:18:46 PM

I do not see this happening anytime soon. Bitcoin is what everybody thinks when they hear cryptocurrency. The name was barely even scratching the surface of educating the public. To overtake Bitcoin you have to remove all the progress made by saying Bitcoin is the future and that altcoin can serve other purposes. If altcoin exceeds Bitcoin, perhaps the whole market is in a lot of trouble.
Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:31:03 PM

Anything is possible but Bitcoin currently enjoys a 10X price premium versus its closest competitor. Another coin, such as ETH could potentially overtake in in market-cap one day, but I still think that would be a few years off. Myself, I hold BTC as well as many of the popular alts, so I would probably continue to hold a variety of promising coins including BTC if it were to ever become dethroned.
everything is possible but at this moment eventhough bitcoim has a big dip at this moment, it very unlikely to happen. bitcoin still enjoys being the number one cryptocurrency. the value is too high for some altcoin at this moment to surpass bitcoin.
lanareyDEY

Activity: 54

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:18:36 PM

In Russia, Bitcoin does not enter the official currency because it will be very difficult especially for the elderly.
Denisliternyjj

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:37:58 PM

In the near future, it is possible that altcoins will be more expensive than bitcoin ! Since bitcoin technology is already far behind and bitcoin is expensive only because bitcoin is the first coin and very popular!
lanareyDEY

Activity: 54

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:42:17 AM

In Russia, Bitcoin does not enter the official currency because it will be very difficult especially for the elderly.
irinalevina456

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:08:09 PM

Now there are a lot of projects that you can invest. I recommend the project of executing a monitor he checked personally.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: