Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:03:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if another altcoin surpasses BTC in value?  (Read 3916 times)
voron84-05

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:18:41 PM

In fact, from time to time there are coins that cost more bitkoin, as a rule their number is small or this speculative price is artificial.
It is possible that over time some coins will overtake BTC at a price, but is it an excuse to immediately throw the BTC and buy other coins?
I count so if the coin has already grown, why buy it on the top?
In the crypto currency the surest way to earn looks like this - you study an interesting start-up, look at the price of coins,
take them at a low price, lodge on a purse and forget for two or three years.
Quite possibly among your investments will be projects that overtake bitcoin at a price))
Sandijoee

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:22:38 PM

that is not possible, because the first coin bitcoin is in cryptocurrency and no 1 in cryptocurrency. If that happens maybe the coin ETH (ethereum) will replace bitcoin because ETH (ethereum) coin no 2 in cryptocurrency.  Smiley
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:29:18 PM

What will you do if some altcoin (XMR or ETH for example surpasses the value of BTC, either in market cap or by the price of a token each? Will you sell your BTC to buy the more "valuable" coin, or continue using and holding BTC? Also, what do you think are the chances that it could happen? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.

I dont think if that will be happening. Not even ethereum. Bitcoin is crypto, crypto is bitcoin. Without bitcoin, crypto will never exist.
And bitcoin is the only coin that has been tested for years and still survive while other coins or even tokens are not even tested yet. Even many tokes have faulty smart contract.
Even though there are many coins created, bitcoin will still be the majority in market cap

Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:33:10 PM

It can't happen since BTC is here from the beginning, or maybe in a few decades so it's easy to see it coming.
Everybody here on this forum has this opinion. This is an established fact because bitcoin investment has always proved to be lucrative and fetched the best results!! Bitcoin was in its golden era last year and not only the last year, but it has remained the king of the crypto world from a very long time.

So I also hold the same opinion that no other crypto coin has that potential as bitcoin has. And right now I don't see any other alt coin replacing the bitcoin. Because bitcoin has set such a benchmark that is not easy to be touched!!

crypto1010

Activity: 581
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:34:29 PM

It can't happen since BTC is here from the beginning, or maybe in a few decades so it's easy to see it coming.
It could happen if money from btc is moved to another altcoin and the marketcap will show this development which means bitcoin will be displaced from its number one spot but having being on the market the longest I would want to see bitcoin go all the way as the king.
Techie5879

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Back from the Dead!

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:36:02 PM

It is very unlikely to happen, just because of the fact that bitcoin is the first of the cryptos and any further ones are just shitcoins/copies of bitcoin outright. There is no one any of them possesses more value than bitcoin will, but there is always an uncertainty, as this is human nature afterall that determines the value of these cryptos, and well, its pretty unlikely, as I said, but the tables might just turn at any moment, there is really no way of predicting other than keeping an eye out on the news.
lillyann

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:25:43 PM

What will you do if some altcoin (XMR or ETH for example surpasses the value of BTC, either in market cap or by the price of a token each? Will you sell your BTC to buy the more "valuable" coin, or continue using and holding BTC? Also, what do you think are the chances that it could happen? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.
Until recently, it seemed that nothing would disturb the position of Bitcoin on the cryptocurrency market. On the other hand, technological development forces the application of better and better solutions, ensuring both speed, convenience and safety. Ethereum is still missing a lot to break the dominance of Bitcoin, while much more modern solutions and the pace of development bring this possibility more and more.
laravuemaster

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:28:11 PM

Altcoins surpassing bitcoins is really possible because there are a lot of new coins that keeps on coming in the market each day and some of them are really showing the potential to grow just like ethereum who already reached $1k dollar last month and it is one of the coin that has potential to surpass bitcoins.

FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:37:43 PM

Altcoins surpassing bitcoins is really possible because there are a lot of new coins that keeps on coming in the market each day and some of them are really showing the potential to grow just like ethereum who already reached $1k dollar last month and it is one of the coin that has potential to surpass bitcoins.

It is possible but I don't think it will happen since Bitcoin is the most popular and the most common crypto currency in the world. There is also that Bitcoin has a greater value than other digital currencies, well it is the first digital currency.

ETH is great reaching a 4-digit price just after almost 3 years but I don't think that it will be as popular if there will be no Bitcoin circulating.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:42:06 PM

From what I have observed overtime, I don't see any coin surpassing Bitcoin with respect to its price value! Bitcoin has set a mark as the first Cryptocurrency coin and also first to hit close to 20k$! Its present down toll is also having a major effect on other coins and the Cryptocurrency market at large. So, before any coin can surpass the bitcoin price, it can be for years though.
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:44:12 PM

While in the near future there can not be such that any coin overtakes bitcoin by capitalization or by value. Bitcoin is still inaccessible for any coins. Therefore, in this plan, he has nothing to fear. In addition, given the planned improvements in bitcoin, it is expected that its popularity will soon be in line with the leader of the crypto currency, and then all these assumptions will be given by themselves.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
candy69

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:50:50 PM

I don't see any other coin surpassing bitcoin in near future. There are a few well-established altcoins, but they are lagging far behind. So, bitcoin would maintain its supremacy in future too.
Redhead5

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:21:12 AM

This is very impossible for now that some altcoins surpass the value of bitcoin because bitcoin is the first and the most crytocurrency throughout the whole world. For example eth altcoin is always the second place of crytocurrency and not yet happen in the history that it surpass bitcoin value since from the beginning of crypto world. But if this will happen then this is our great oppurtunity at least we have an option to where to put our investment to be more profitable someday.
btcrut2017

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 02:27:29 AM

There is a possibility but not too soon because bitcoin is the father of crypto currencies and the value is like 10x with the other currencies. There are a lot of people believe in bitcoin with all of them bitcoin will still be the #1 crypto in the world. Bitcoin is here for many years this will still be the highest form of crypto.
morrisby25

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:19:29 AM

People should stop focus on the value of an altcoin or their market caps. Altcoins enjoy no actual usage other than the speculative aspect, and that's something people here don't seem to think about.
There have already been altcoins with a higher unit value than Bitcoin, and there have been several altcoins with a higher market cap than Bitcoin ~ it's absolutely meaningless.
Coinnosaurus

Activity: 643
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:11:24 AM

Bitcoin today is in huge favor. However, all who are interested in crypto-currencies, you need to be on the alert, new popular crypto-currencies appear regularly. Perhaps, soon a new super-currency will come to replace the leader
syusk82

Activity: 80

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:13:32 AM

It will take a decade or several decades to surpass Bitcoin, which has a market value of US$134 billion. An Altcoin cannot transcend Bitcoin in a short time. It seems too difficult.
yhnshjka

Activity: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:17:34 AM

I think that Ethereum may surpass Bitcoin. The current market capitalization of Bitcoin is 138.2 billion U.S. dollars, and the market value of Ethereum is 50.9 billion U.S. dollars. ETH is now the only coin that has potential beyond bitcoin.
Kusnechik

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:18:06 AM

I think there are a few crypto-currencies in the first hundred, who already attack bitcoins on their heels and will soon push him from the first place.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:55:36 PM

I'd probably do that. I'd sell my bitcoins for that more profitable coin until the price of bitcoins go down so cheap, then I'd start to buy bitcoins again when it is in its cheapest. After that, I'll hodl everything and wait for the best time to sell my collection of coins.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: