Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:32:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why isn't crypto going mainstream?  (Read 2079 times)
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:12:26 PM

In my opinion and experience I think average people find it difficult to understand the functionality of block chain. They think anything that has to do with copy and paste should be left to the geek, not to talk of diffident code.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Goodween

Activity: 140
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:44:30 PM

First of all it was hard to exlpain older people what crypto is it. But now a lot of new in media about it, a lot of youtube bloggers talking about crypto. So it become easely to unerstand what is crypto now and the fact that you can earn on it. Crypto going mainstream because with each day its more and more money.
vivi12

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:15:59 PM

Like the old saying goes "you can't teach a old dog new tricks". This applies for crypto as well. A lot of people are just stuck in the past of using real cash and cc. However, as bigger organizations like google and apple push for apple pay and google pay, it brought people a bit closer to online payments. I guess we can assume that if these companies start to use crypto or any sort, the message will be broadcast to a wider audience, and more people will become interested in it. I guess once ICO's using crypto become more widespread, more people will be exposed to it and more people will begin to adapt and join the community. As a app developer, I think crypto can really benefit the app space in terms of payment systems. Some projects that I am currently following that in corporate in-app crypto are: OpenMoney, Kin.
DanWagner

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:20:08 PM

The internet took a long time to come where it is now . I think you have to wait years for it to become mainstream.
Older generations will be very hesistant to use it.
suncokreten

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:23:53 PM

We're just early adopters. More and more people are joining daily, and I can see more and more businesses accepting BTC, that's always a good sign.  Wink
themathiasmiller

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:56:08 PM

I guess the reason why crypto is not going mainstream is because it's quite complicated and it's quite hard for beginners to understand and it's so volatile, most people just think about crypto as an internet money that will not have any value in the real world.

ARAW
The Decentralised 
Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
███████████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████████░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░░░▄███████████
███████████░░░░████████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄████████████
█████░████████▀░░░░▀▀▄█████
█████░░▀▀████░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
████▄▀░░░░░░░░▄▄███████████
████▀░░▀███████████████████
████▄░░▄███████████████████
████░░░░██░░░░▀░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░██░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀████
████░░░░██░░░░█████░░░░████
000JC88

Activity: 159

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:59:14 PM

Everything needs time to grow. First people thing cryptos were a joke, then some people saw how can profit from them, now we are the state that Governments will start fight them because are afraid of them.. Probably is the best time to buy now because Governments won't stop cryptos and when become mainstream profit won't be much.. 
secretservice

Activity: 41
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:02:29 PM

Because understanding Bitcoin is not an easy task for most people. They need to educate themselves about a lot of things, such as information technology and the basics of economics.

But you should look at the bright side of it... at least you're having the opportunity to buy at these cheap prices. It's called first move advantage. Wink

Byteball.org   ❱❱❱  IT  JUST  WORKS.  ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email - Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments - ICO Platform with KYC
Crypto1992

Activity: 84

Tokenpay

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:39:10 PM

Yes blockchain is not a well know technology to all.Crypto currency has just started a few years back.Any new technology which has a bright future will be damped initially.For example you take Internet, Social Media like Facebook. They did not get into everyone easily.When I first used facebook in 2008 in India, my friends used to laugh look at me strangely like how you said your family and friends at work look at you.It takes time for them to realize the use of blockchain. Don't underestimate yourself for being here.You are an early adopter of future technology.Have a good day.

TokenPay    ⓣ     ||     THE WORLD'S MOST SECURE COIN     ||
TOKEN SALE  >  December 7th, 2017   [WHITEPAPER]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬       FACEBOOK       TWITTER       TELEGRAM       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
stealth.money

Activity: 561
Merit: 255

Going stealthy

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:16:57 PM

To the extent Bitcoin is already made to the mainstream

dolan564

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:38:11 PM

alt coins aren't going mainstream due to the nature of uncertainty and not being regulated. this kind of economy undermines traditional banking which they want to keep under the ropes to insure that companies like JP morgan are relevant.

it'll go main stream when LAM stocks shoot up after we all start buying different color lambos Wink
KKbit

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:46:52 PM

IMHO it hasn't it mainstream yet basicly because there aren't any tokens with direct aplications to use in daily tasks. Once a given crypto token is implemented as an effective and reliable way to pay, exchange or something else in the real world it will boom.

danny0201

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:50:51 PM

not mainstream yet but we are getting closer. also lately in the news there is more coverage it's getting closer by the day. in my opinion we are just a few years away from it.
jshark

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:51:44 PM

I think tech like the centra cards are going to do wonders in bringing crypto mainstream. Just need to give it a bit more time.
aisinempresario

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:52:58 PM

Like the old saying goes "you can't teach a old dog new tricks". This applies for crypto as well. A lot of people are just stuck in the past of using real cash and cc. However, as bigger organizations like google and apple push for apple pay and google pay, it brought people a bit closer to online payments. I guess we can assume that if these companies start to use crypto or any sort, the message will be broadcast to a wider audience, and more people will become interested in it. I guess once ICO's using crypto become more widespread, more people will be exposed to it and more people will begin to adapt and join the community. As a app developer, I think crypto can really benefit the app space in terms of payment systems. Some projects that I am currently following that in corporate in-app crypto are: OpenMoney, Kin.

I definitely agree with the premise that the more people can transact with crypto the more it will go mainstream. As an app developer who has been wanting to incorporate allow acceptance of crypto into our apps, Kin and OpenMoney are both interesting to me - in particular Open Money is solving a problem that's been an issue for us for years. I think overall we are headed in the right direction.
geac.xraekhurcoe

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 07:10:28 PM

Mainstream is a qualitative word, so hard to measure but if you use as metric talking with people on the streets than it is really far from there. If you just talk with high tech people, it is still not there. So I think it is still on the early stages and that why it is a good time to buy and invest. When every single one is talking about it, them you figure out it is time to sell !

҉ Planet QYBB   ҉
Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:16:56 PM

It's being talked about a lot more than it has been just a few months ago. All it take is a little time. What everyone here is saying about it being new tech tat people cant understand and that it isn't quite as reliable as a source of instant transaction payments is definitely true. In the matter of time though this will be the real deal.
overboost

Activity: 51

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:54:35 PM

This is one valid reason, people do not want to lose control when bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies are adopted as they will disrupt this monopolized framework

They will try everything in order not to loose control, creating F*ake N*ews and FUD.
But slowly people start to wake up all over the world.
I'm really curious what will happen in 2018, they said a log time ago it will be a new currency (Phoenix) all over the world.
If this is true, than... MAYBE one of the crypto coins (or maybe more) are part of their next financial system.
Let's wait and see.

PS: We are still in the early stages. Profits will be big if you HODL and don't panic sell. Invest the pennys that you afford.
Sumo

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:58:44 PM

Whats holding us back is its TOO FKING HARD TO BUY!! Roll Eyes
PandaRunner

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:06:09 PM

I think the infrastructure is not set for mainstream adoption. User friendly interfaces are just the beginning of what we need to adopt crypto as an everyday asset/value/payment medium.

People need to understand blockchain as a revolutionising technology which is very likely to disrupt our established money system. That's also the most pregnant reason why the adoption is so “slow“. Rulers want to keep control and power over their established system. One difficulty I see is to not have a privatised framework, as we have it now.

The blockchain must remain free!

What efforts of infrastructure are on the way you think? How about the impact of certain systems that will bring crypto front in center of users? Like enjincoin, utrust or openmoney? When the avg person starts seeing crypto options pop up in their face maybe we'll see a boom then.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: