Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 09:54:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to detect a scam ICO?  (Read 2456 times)
ryanben

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:44:40 AM

You need to study the team, algorithms, project roadmap and most importantly see opinions from others. If it's a really good project then there will not be any dissent

cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:27:24 AM

How to detect a scam ICO?

Well, if you see ICOs that have nothing to offer and is just here to try to get funds from users then it should be a good indication that it's a scam ICO. Check out the development team as well, do they actually exist or are they making up empty promises out of thin air?

Also, how much funding are they asking? If something is asking for $100 million just to build something really simple, then it's likely a scam.

But best thing to do is just not invest anythnig you can't afford to lose. First rule of thumb.

PANK21

Activity: 342
Merit: 108

Bounty Detective

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:10:49 AM

First of all if you want to know that the ICO is scam when you go to their ann thread and you see a few details about their project but not displaying or mentioning how will the participants will earn their rewards. Also another is when you intuition is saying that its a scam . Do trust yourself but know first the situatoin before you act.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:33:18 AM

You need to study the team, algorithms, project roadmap and most importantly see opinions from others. If it's a really good project then there will not be any dissent

That is all correct. In addition to it, you try to check their wallet addresses and their transactions. There are several projects here that were caught having some dumping transactions using the wallet addresses that are also used in receiving ICO contributions.
phanhongphuctg

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:48:47 AM

There is no such a thing, nobody can tell the future, what you can do is some research and asses the risk / return of the project. Is bitcoin scam because you know nothing about Satoshi Nakamoto ?

yes that right
weredo911

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:13:46 AM

There is no such a thing, nobody can tell the future, what you can do is some research and asses the risk / return of the project. Is bitcoin scam because you know nothing about Satoshi Nakamoto ?

yes that right
bitcoin is difference with ICO. we can check bitcoin code to make sure Satoshi can't do anything to bitcoin network. ICO is difference. We send their our money to get token( which dont have value if they dont do anything). so we need their information to make sure if they want take our money they must pay by blood( for sure)

I have pretended to be mentally retarded for seven years.
PhucS

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:30:57 AM

ICO projects appear more and more, with the development of fraudulent ICO projects, much to the detriment of many investors. Therefore, we need to be aware of good ICO projects and ICO projects that show signs of fraud. Before deciding to invest in an ICO, be sure to check it out carefully, the information must be clear, there should be an official ANN theme on Bitcointalk forum, there is a wallet archive and especially a platform is the better. Check that the development team of the project, if they are reputable, experienced and professional working people with clear objectives, will be very good. These are just my personal opinions, I'm not sure it will help you to distinguish completely but it can help in some way Cheesy
shafi alam

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:51:34 AM

You can chack there Announcement post,
Communication Skill.
If you Need Any information, will They provide those info.
Clear Informative Announcement.

Maybe those ico Will be Lagit.
if you can find one of this maybe those ico are scam.
Ging

Merit: 251

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:55:11 AM

for me i read about the thread and developers and also check the whitepaper for further info
Ging

Merit: 251

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:56:09 AM

scammy Ico bring such a Fud
Oppang Inamo

Activity: 290

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:10:25 AM

Just look and observe the name of the campaign or ICO,if you've seen uneccessary things or you've observe not good,think of it if you will continue to it and if the stakes or your earnings were very few it means it has to do with illegal or scam.
nabilanur

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:43:41 PM

Actually i don't know how detect a scam ICO.Anyone know please tell me.
Legendari

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:57:37 PM

I think ico dishonest (or just fear it) if:
1) They have a vague idea
2) not known
3) Too large requests to start the project. Good luck

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:18:05 AM

Actually i don't know how detect a scam ICO.Anyone know please tell me.
Actually there are a lot of opinions and ways to detect Ico fraud, which has been described by other forum members, your job now is to read and choose which way is considered the easiest to detect Ico fraud.
You should not ask like this, if you really want to know how to detect ico scams, get used to reading first before asking something.
Because explanations from other members are clear and understandable.
nobody-

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 09:13:17 AM

Very very hard nowadays to spot bad ICOs, because some are straight up scams that run with your money while others are disguised scams were all those "incredible teams" sit behind those projects giving that weekly or monthly update with nothing to show while they are drinking beer in their office. Months and months pass and they show 0, initial investors drop but new ones come to fuel this cicle.
Yes. It becomes harder to spot a scam nowadays. Almost all of the ICOs out there looks promising and legit. You just gotta be more vigilant and cautious on choosing an ICO that you plan to invest on.
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:26:46 AM

prioritize first research on the ICO is to explore the developments that exist in it, find out the team work on the ICO. do not take a short decision to invest in it because most ICOs are just starting their work step by doing various ways to promote it to attract the attention of many people to join and invest their money on the ICO.
there are so many ICO projects that offer various promotions so people can join can benefit but the ICO is just deceiving, bringing all the money invested by the people involved in it.
Herdirfauzi

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:29:03 AM

from the question you are asking, I will reply .. more importantly you are at all the team, see what it means or not, I often use Linked to see them profile.

fetka88

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:57:24 AM

read whitepaper, join their telegram/Slack/fb/twitter.

Try to find out reviews on hacked,medium or so.

Hilga

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:15:37 AM

You can:

see project reviews and analysis
see the concept of the offer interesting and different
how credibility of the project founder team
how fundamentally of the project

banake

Activity: 109

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:21:23 AM

There are many things you should check before you invest on ICO?
1. Dev team: clear, professional
2. White paper: clear, logically
3. Product: you should invest on ICO with real product

Good luck for you!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: