Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:25:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is IT MY ETHERWALLET.COM safe?  (Read 2138 times)
Lucacrebbe (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:39:14 PM

I was always wondering  what  could  happen if  myetherwallet.com  website get hacked... so it's   better  to have the coins on  a   desktop wallet,  instead of  a  web wallet?
It's   a  question because  I a  little bit  afraid  of  web based  wallets

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
peschi

Activity: 355
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:42:47 PM

I was always wondering  what  could  happen if  myetherwallet.com  website get hacked... so it's   better  to have the coins on  a   desktop wallet,  instead of  a  web wallet?
It's   a  question because  I a  little bit  afraid  of  web based  wallets

Generally your coins are always on the blockchain - and if you control your private key you can access them.
The problem with online wallets is, that your private keys can be sniffed (they hack the website and copy your key and then move your coins on the blockchain).

Most safe wallet is desktop wallet on a secured computer.

Lucacrebbe (OP)

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:46:10 PM

waves   has  only the  web lite  extencion   as  wallet?
suncokreten

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:50:31 PM

MyEtherWallet itself if safe, but watchout for phishing sites that look like MEW. There are more and more scammers who ask for your private keys/wants you to login through their phishing slack, so be sure to pay attention, especially on slack channels.
Sikka157

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:54:18 PM

It is safe. I have been using it for a while now and never had any problem. Make sure you keep your private key safe and be careful with the fake websites that look like them. Grin
xiaoyum

Activity: 266

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:03:18 PM

Myetherwallet is completely safe problem is that there are millions of fake myetherwallet website links all around web even Google to trick you to steal your password. Just check your site link first and be relaxed. Eberything s gonna be alright.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:35:06 PM

Myetherwallet.com is perfectly safe.  Just don't fall for the phishing websites.  Always bookmark MEW. 
rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:06:12 PM

Just like others said. Myetherwallet is safe unless you landed on a fake or phising website. For your assurance here is the link https://www.myetherwallet.com/. Always check the URL and look for MYETHERWALLET LLC [US] Certificate.

Be safe and secure

https://myetherwallet.groovehq.com/knowledge_base/topics/protecting-yourself-and-your-funds

CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498

KUWA.ai

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:22:19 PM

I was always wondering  what  could  happen if  myetherwallet.com  website get hacked... so it's   better  to have the coins on  a   desktop wallet,  instead of  a  web wallet?

If the website got hacked and there is a possibility for the amount in the wallet to be revealed. I can say that was better to have your coin on the desktop wallet, But as far as i know that will not easy to hacked themew wallet, many people are still save their amount in there and the team always update the security of the forum.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
arsics

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:28:55 PM

If the website got hacked and there is a possibility for the amount in the wallet to be revealed. I can say that was better to have your coin on the desktop wallet, But as far as i know that will not easy to hacked themew wallet, many people are still save their amount in there and the team always update the security of the forum.

There is nothing to hack on MEW website, they don't keep your keys.

Only risk is if you go to a fake MEW website.
thew3apon

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:57:31 PM

I trust, but be cautious. Do not keep your investments in a wallet.
anggriani

Activity: 630

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

the official wallet must be secure and the site with myetherwallet.com address is official and safe for eth users. it's just that today many phishing attacks happen and people are deceived because the site address and site look just like myetherwallet.
tylerik1

Activity: 392

"SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN"

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:25:07 AM

Yeah its safe, but you should use local wallet. Its always better to store your coins in your own network. You never know whats going on other networks or yo dont know how secure they are!

chicobr

Activity: 235

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:29:47 AM

myetherwallet doesn't save your private key or anything so you are totally safe. But be careful phising site
loonb

Activity: 193

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:39:18 AM

It has a lot of fake website similar with myetherwallet. You need to check is it real or fake. don't click to fake site.
Choii

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:14:57 AM

myetherwallet doesn't save your private key or anything so you are totally safe. But be careful phising site

Yes i agree @chicobr, the private key is very inportant in myetherwallet to secure and safe the wallet. And your correct there's so many phising site out there they look like myetherwallet.

███    TWITTER    MEGATRON      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                     THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION                  LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM     WEBSITE           FACEBOOK      ███
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:00:23 AM

yes, its safe and one of the most trusted etherium wallets today, most users are on a bounty are preferd using myetherwallet.com compared to other etherium wallet because mew suporta all erc20 based token  and also etherium therefore this is the best wallet if your on to bounty hunting. although theres a risk because its a web based and can be prone to hackers.
eff_efferson

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:14:10 AM

just make sure its myetherwallet.com and not myetherwallet.con
SpearTackle

Activity: 153

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 03:51:12 AM

There is a lot of user of myetherwallet but don’t heard any news about myetherwallet for not being safe. “MyEtherWallet.com does not hold your keys for you. We cannot access accounts, recover keys, reset passwords, nor reverse transactions. Protect your keys & always check that you are on correct URL. You are responsible for your security.” ---- myetherwallet.com
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:59:05 AM

It is safe. I have been using it for a while now and never had any problem. Make sure you keep your private key safe and be careful with the fake websites that look like them. Grin
I have several times found phishing sites similar to myetherwallet go into my email. they have an alibi like your account will be freeze if you do not login to their link because they only need your private key to get in your wallet. so keep careful dude. keep safe your private key.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: