Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:16:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Lucyd - Welcome to Lucyd, the new Augmented Reality World  (Read 18475 times)
ealarry

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:11:25 PM

I am very curious about the combination of optical industry and the application of the block chain, neither to understand what technology can be extended, do not understand what pain points, a friend explain the situation?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lucyd

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:23:19 AM

And, by the way, about the fact that glasses will be charged wirelessly, it's very convenient. This will give you the opportunity to always carry them with you and create yourself a virtual reality, when you like: D

Ideally, the smart glasses interface should be integrated with smart clocks or fitness bracelets. This combination will be really useful. Do you guys randomly plan a similar thing from Lucyd?  Roll Eyes

Hello,

Absolutely - Lucyd Lens 1.0 will be a peripheral device, and will be able to connect to devices with computing power and bluetooth. We would not want to limit just to the cell phone, so the answer is likely yes.
Lucyd

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:39:34 AM

Are you guys also planning different models of the glasses in the future?

Yes - the free form optics technology and much improved light guide, wider field of view will enable the glasses to come in a variety of frames.

The fact that the technology makes the glasses prescription-ready is one of the best features, and will much add to an appeal to mass consumers. Something that previous efforts were missing.
Lucyd

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:53:11 AM

I am very curious about the combination of optical industry and the application of the block chain, neither to understand what technology can be extended, do not understand what pain points, a friend explain the situation?

Hello,

Blockchain technology will let anyone easily develop and distribute content on our platform. The whole thing is built on the LCD token to easily facilitate P2P transactions in the glasses themselves, forgoing dependence on traditional financial systems, while also organically motivating community engagement with LCD rewards. We believe the Blockchain will enable Lucyd to grow exponentially.

LCD has several functions. Its initial use is to fund the development of the Lucyd Lens prototype. LCD will also facilitate rapid peer-to-peer transactions in the Lucyd AR world, and is used to organically motivate user and developer engagement with Lucyd Lens. It accomplishes this through the Lucyd Lab blockchain, on which new AR content & apps are registered. Blocks then release LCD to developers based on user ratings of their content, and to users based on their feedback to the developer community, and participation in ads and promotions. LCD can be used to purchase AR products from Lucyd and other developers, as well as bought and sold on token exchanges.

Best,
Lucyd Team
KotiKo

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:50:46 PM

Many people write insecure comments about the project, but I hope all the same it will turn out something worthwhile! Let's hope and believe Smiley
KotiKo

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:52:01 PM

I have high hopes for this idea. I will support the project. I hope that the team will make a good effort and promote Lucid to a high level! Good luck to the team Wink
John Cryp

Activity: 190

Innovation Powered by Crypto

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:24:14 PM

Are you guys also planning different models of the glasses in the future?

Yes - the free form optics technology and much improved light guide, wider field of view will enable the glasses to come in a variety of frames.

The fact that the technology makes the glasses prescription-ready is one of the best features, and will much add to an appeal to mass consumers. Something that previous efforts were missing.

Thanks for your reply, people can be very picky in choosing glasses. They have to fit and look good in the end aswell!

John Cryp

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:35:46 AM

Why the need and use of a token? Couldn't this project been done without a tokensale? Please elaborate on this matter.

John Cryp

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:42:12 AM

What happens if the ICO won't raise enough funds? And what happens with unsold tokens?

Thank for your reply in advance.

Lucyd

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:45:07 PM

Why the need and use of a token? Couldn't this project been done without a tokensale? Please elaborate on this matter.

John, a couple reasons to say at least. LCD will  facilitate rapid peer-to-peer transactions in the Lucyd AR world (which we think is going to be more efficient than traditional payment system), and will be used to organically motivate user and developer engagement with Lucyd Lens. It accomplishes this through the Lucyd Lab blockchain, on which new AR content & apps are registered. Blocks then release LCD to developers based on user ratings of their content, and to users based on their feedback to the developer community, and participation in ads and promotions. LCD can be used to purchase AR products from Lucyd and other developers, as well as bought and sold on token exchanges. With the broad app ecosystem in place, why wouldnt you want to create your own currency if you could? We believe the Blockchain will enable Lucyd to grow exponentially, faster and more efficiently that if we relied on traditional solutions. Let us know your thoughts.
MakersONE

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:14:49 PM

And, by the way, about the fact that glasses will be charged wirelessly, it's very convenient. This will give you the opportunity to always carry them with you and create yourself a virtual reality, when you like: D

Ideally, the smart glasses interface should be integrated with smart clocks or fitness bracelets. This combination will be really useful. Do you guys randomly plan a similar thing from Lucyd?  Roll Eyes

Hello,

Absolutely - Lucyd Lens 1.0 will be a peripheral device, and will be able to connect to devices with computing power and bluetooth. We would not want to limit just to the cell phone, so the answer is likely yes.

It's great. I'm really glad to hear it. In general, in fact, glasses can be synchronized with completely different smart devices. You did not think that you can create a 3D effect outside the screen, while watching movies on a smart TV? This, too, could become a very cool idea.
Zerotosixty

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:49:11 PM

L'il help, please, about contributing ether in the LCD presale...  I do not have a myetherwallet but I do have a Ledger Nano S with ETH in its ETH wallet.  What is the procedure once I open the Nano S's ethereum wallet, and I'm ready to enter the receiving address provided on the Lucyd website and my ETH quantity?  How do I designate "Lucyd," or does the system intuit Lucyd from the address?
DirtyMartini

Activity: 277
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:52:30 PM

This is a really exciting project, I'm surprised there hasn't been more hype about it..
I really hope this gets the exposure it deserves. Following closely now Smiley
KotiKo

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:27:30 PM

Before the sale of the tokens there were only 5 days left! I hope that the company will collect a lot of money and will be successful! I believe! Smiley
KotiKo

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:30:50 PM

I admit the idea that in a short time, in 5-7 years, smart glasses will surpass the supply of smartphones. And everyone will walk with smart glasses, not with phones Grin Cool
Dimosscolorist

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 07:39:48 PM

Very interesting ideas and developments. I like it. I think in the future such glasses will be very useful. I need to support this team in social media space.
John Cryp

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:07:45 AM

John, a couple reasons to say at least. LCD will  facilitate rapid peer-to-peer transactions in the Lucyd AR world (which we think is going to be more efficient than traditional payment system), and will be used to organically motivate user and developer engagement with Lucyd Lens. It accomplishes this through the Lucyd Lab blockchain, on which new AR content & apps are registered. Blocks then release LCD to developers based on user ratings of their content, and to users based on their feedback to the developer community, and participation in ads and promotions. LCD can be used to purchase AR products from Lucyd and other developers, as well as bought and sold on token exchanges. With the broad app ecosystem in place, why wouldnt you want to create your own currency if you could? We believe the Blockchain will enable Lucyd to grow exponentially, faster and more efficiently that if we relied on traditional solutions. Let us know your thoughts.

LCD will  facilitate rapid peer-to-peer transactions in the Lucyd AR world = you could use existing crypto payment systems for this, you have to exchange anyway if it's only meant for your platform.
LCD as reward for devellopment is only good from one side and not much of use on user aspect of the token.

You have to build in a more unique functionality for the user imo. And how are you guys going to make money? What's the businessmodel behind the token? Not sure if your current plans will work out...

StarSLight

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:02:42 AM

By the way, you are right. Considering the fact that more and more people are moving to the side of a healthy lifestyle lately, many people have fitness bracelets and they might like this idea
StarSLight

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:05:11 AM

Hello,

It's very cool, you guys are great! Pleases us more and more! Really, it is not necessary to be limited only by mobile phones, it is necessary to go forward Smiley Grin
vivland

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:37:08 PM

Hello. All very interestingly written and submitted, I believe that your technology at the same height. To give you such a high score, also I agree. But how are you guys going to combine quite earthly things: for example the scratch resistance of the lenses, fogging and many more that are sure to be in reality?Huh

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: