Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 09:46:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Lucyd - Welcome to Lucyd, the new Augmented Reality World  (Read 18482 times)
chockmaddening

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:31:11 AM

Will using blockchain lead to an increase in transaction costs?
Lucyd

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:13:37 PM

Will using blockchain lead to an increase in transaction costs?

Hello, actually it's the opposite--blockchain makes value transfers and transactions significantly less expensive. For example, let say you wanted to wire a few hundred dollars to your friend elsewhere in the country. With traditional fiat transfers, you would pay Western Union or a bank $20+ for this (5% or more). On a blockchain network, the transfer fee is much closer to 1%, because of the reduced cost in transmitting cryptocurrency vis-a-vis fiat. So by powering our smartglasses with a blockchain network, it will be as fast and as inexpensive as possible to send value.
TobiasJohanson

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:34:03 PM

I definitely like the idea of the project but I don't really see why this is connected to blockchain/crypto tokens? The user case doesn't require that at all from what I can see. On the website it says 620k of lcd sold so far, that's about 150k usd? The project looks too good for that amount to be raised and the presale should be over in the roadmap? Whats the problem? Why isnt there more raised?
Lucyd

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:01:45 PM

I definitely like the idea of the project but I don't really see why this is connected to blockchain/crypto tokens? The user case doesn't require that at all from what I can see. On the website it says 620k of lcd sold so far, that's about 150k usd? The project looks too good for that amount to be raised and the presale should be over in the roadmap? Whats the problem? Why isnt there more raised?

1. We started campaigning pretty late in the game, in October, in the month of the ICO pre-sale. We are very special and unique in terms of tangible hardware solution (next-gen smartglass technology) and decentralized app store, quality of the team but also backing of a public company. There is no golden "one rule for everyone" and we are confident in the final success given the ICO is running until Feb 28th, we are getting first major strategic alliances, attending major conferences, talking to whales and funds as we speak.

2. You will not be able to take advantage of smartglasses functionality without blockchain for a few reasons:

- without the token, we will not be able to motivate and incentivize developers enough to work on the vast universe of apps needed for smartglasses. By creating a decentralized app store, we will allow developers to keep more of their traditional app/media revenue than if they worked within traditional app ecosystem. Then the blockchain will encourage app development additionally by rewarding them with LCD tokens for best reviewed apps. Developers will get LCD based on user ratings, which are submitted to a block corresponding to their content on the Lucyd Lab blockchain. This additional merit-based bonus atop traditional app revenue will motive 3rd party development
- at the same time, the ecosystem grows by attributing a small portion of LCD for basic actions like reviews, app referrals and ad participation
- LCD token would also enable a user experience untethered to existing platforms and financial systems, grounded only in the Lucyd smartphone companion app and Lucyd Lab blockchain. LCD enables in-Lens purchases of Lucyd hardware and Lucyd-native apps and media, without a bank account. In-Lens downloadable content takes the form of in-app purchases in the Lucyd companion app, allowing our ecosystem to initially function on existing smartphone platforms.
- its the only way for instant, vocally initiated peer to peer transfers among the people wearing smartglasses
- LCD can be natively integrated into Lucyd apps, allowing for instant in-app purchases and participation rewards without requiring signup or a bank account. E.g., a game that integrates your LCD wallet for its currency, rewarding achievements and selling gem packs in LCD
- LCD will let you purchase AR hardware and content from the Lucyd store in-Lens, or be cashed out on token exchanges.

So in essence blockchain fits AR so much because it enables decentralized app store - and without decentralized app store you won't be able to create a native app ecosystem in an efficient, economic way. Then you have the token as the means of economic value of course.
ui_zakharchenko

Activity: 518
Merit: 325

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:40:38 AM

Hello, devs! When will the ICO begin and when will end? When will the bounty campaign end?
Lucyd

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:15:46 PM

Hello, devs! When will the ICO begin and when will end? When will the bounty campaign end?

Hello my friend! the ICO is ongoing already until February 28th and that's when the bounty campaign will end.

Dron Pelya

Activity: 1302
Merit: 403

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:03:31 PM

Hello my friend! the ICO is ongoing already until February 28th and that's when the bounty campaign will end.

So, ICO will have been going till the end of winter. It's really long time. Why haven't you decided to make ICO shorter, for one month for example?
Lucyd

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:33:10 PM

So, ICO will have been going till the end of winter. It's really long time. Why haven't you decided to make ICO shorter, for one month for example?

Our ICO is very special - because it's the first to bring in complex, hardware solution for an industry (augmented reality) that has not seen much blockchain use. That means we need bit more time to have folks in the crypto space comfortable with this new industry, and the technology behind the hardware solution (patents, optics behind the technology), on top of decentralized app platform. It's not just the blockchain ecosystem we are building here (that actually make us significantly better than most ICOs out there: we will have a regular news flow upon completion of the sale as the prototype development will commence right after and you won't have to wait for news flow for months or more like with a lot of other ICOs).

We are backed by a public company so we are not in a rush either. Remember: there is no one golden rule. I think that is the common misconception.

And it's really only 10 weeks left, it's not that much.
BitcArchi8

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:31:59 PM

Hey guys we indeed have had a lot of news lately, from addition of the new scientists like Leo Baldwin, an Amazon principal engineer who was excited to join us: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/12/prweb14963457.htm

through our first strategic alliances: http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/12/12/lucyd-roar-form-strategic-alliance/

to new Youtube reviews of our project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g2kKhmgNyQ&t=1s

and new interviews: https://www.chipin.com/lucyd-cofounder-harrison-gross-interview/

Make sure you keep track of our News section on the website! We will post more updates here regularly from now on as well!

Especially the alliance with one of the top AR software companies out there is very exciting! It fits really well into the augmented reality shopping experience.

That's news! I'll have to sing an evening to read it all! Smiley Smiley Very interesting! Thanks you! Wink
BitcArchi8

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:40:03 PM

New Video!! Lucyd ICO Sale Now thru Feb. 28th 2018. Must Watch!!. Lucyd featured on Bitcoin XChange! Lucyd's mission is to build user-friendly smartglasses and a blockchain app store. Watch a new Lucyd ICO review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g2kKhmgNyQ&t=26s

Yes! And I want everyone to understand the angle from which we, the scientists, and people familiar with the technology are looking at it. And that is: the technology at hand has the potential to be come the standard in the augmented reality display. The optics technology enables miniaturization the hardware, wider field of view, prescription-readiness, lessens the battery drainage - is something most if not ALL major players in the industry have been looking for.

There is amazing potential in developing working prototype of smartglasses that are ergonomic. We can become an industry standard!
I like that you timely let us know about the news! Thank you for the video! It is very interesting! I love Lucyd and the possibilities that may be available to us!
Lucyd

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:35:43 PM

New Video!! Lucyd ICO Sale Now thru Feb. 28th 2018. Must Watch!!. Lucyd featured on Bitcoin XChange! Lucyd's mission is to build user-friendly smartglasses and a blockchain app store. Watch a new Lucyd ICO review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g2kKhmgNyQ&t=26s

Yes! And I want everyone to understand the angle from which we, the scientists, and people familiar with the technology are looking at it. And that is: the technology at hand has the potential to be come the standard in the augmented reality display. The optics technology enables miniaturization the hardware, wider field of view, prescription-readiness, lessens the battery drainage - is something most if not ALL major players in the industry have been looking for.

There is amazing potential in developing working prototype of smartglasses that are ergonomic. We can become an industry standard!
I like that you timely let us know about the news! Thank you for the video! It is very interesting! I love Lucyd and the possibilities that may be available to us!

Yes and there is more and more. We have just signed another alliance with another top AR software developer in the United States! Stay tuned we will post here as well once the press release is finalized.
the_hodler

Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 01:04:47 PM

Good luck with the ICO and then the glasses. I tried to buy using PayPal to see how it works as this is one of the few, if not the only, ICO that allows buying from PayPal. The PayPal link gives me an error. I have tried it a few times already. Maybe you need to look in to this as soon as possible.

Lucyd

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:04:02 AM

Good luck with the ICO and then the glasses. I tried to buy using PayPal to see how it works as this is one of the few, if not the only, ICO that allows buying from PayPal. The PayPal link gives me an error. I have tried it a few times already. Maybe you need to look in to this as soon as possible.

Hi there we are working on fixing the script, should be fixed shortly. I will let you know once it's done!

baystizzle

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:02:16 PM

This is a beautiful project, I'm definitely keeping tabs on it. I hope the ICO is a success
Lucyd

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:38:37 PM

Hi Everyone,

We have a great article out on NewsBTC. A lot of people ask - how can I use smartglasses in my daily life? This write up is a great summary of potential applications, from safer driving, through gaming to shopping and many others:

http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/12/18/potential-applications-lucyds-blockchain-fueled-smartglasses/
the_hodler

Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 05:27:51 PM

Hi there we are working on fixing the script, should be fixed shortly. I will let you know once it's done!

Hey there. I tried again yesterday and it did not work. I know you said that you will let me know once its fixed. So is it close to being fixed?

Lucyd

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:42:05 PM

Hey there. I tried again yesterday and it did not work. I know you said that you will let me know once its fixed. So is it close to being fixed?

Hey yeah, unfortunately Paypal's customer service is not the fastest out there.

But we got the issue substantially resolved and will be making an announcement in few hours once it's back on.
Lucyd

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:42:05 PM

Hi, Lucyd!
We opened the block with comments a few days ago. Several people have already left comments on your ICO page: https://icoholder.com/en/ico/lucyd-3517 It would be great if you will follow your page and help your potential investors.

Of course we will be happy to! All good questions I see.

Quick request: can you please update team members to what is currently on our website/whitepaper etc? Also your link seems to say team members unverified, but our website also provides all Linked in links for verification.
Lucyd

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:12:37 PM

Hey Everyone we have another great piece of news:

Lucyd, the AR smartglass and software developer, is pleased to announce the formation of a strategic alliance with Credencys Solutions, Inc. to deliver its AR apps on Lucyd’s smartglass platform.

"We are very excited to work together with Credencys Solutions to support their AR apps on the smartglasses we are developing. We think Credencys Solutions AR applications will be more enjoyable to use on a smartglass platform, as users will be able to engage with the software while looking at the world," said Harrison Gross, Media Lead at Lucyd.

“We have been creating AR/VR apps for over five years, and we have understood that the delivery vehicle (hardware) is the most important aspect in terms of the experience that the consumer has. We believe that Lucyd has excellent hardware that is supported by the right ecosystem to allow apps to be created for various purposes. We are very excited and are looking forward to create apps on Lucyd,“ said Sagar Sharma, CTO and Co-Founder, Credencys Solutions.

I think it is another proof that our hardware technology is something that the industry has been waiting on! Official links to follow soon, we have just signed it today.
rualekss

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:16:04 PM

I am glad to be a part of this project. I am sure that investments in this project will bring the profit.
Good luck to the team!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: