Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:00:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin, Block chain Cross Border Funds Transfer  (Read 192 times)
emmagloor (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 05:36:50 AM

Let's say I'm in country A and I wish to move some funds to some person in country B. I understand the flow is through the pocket and obstruct series. But how does the physiological movement of funds takes place??

Also, like in the example of cross-border payments you can find banks involved, so in the example of block overly can there be some involvement of banks too ??

Lastly, how will be the exchange-rate decided and charge chose centered on what parameters ??
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 05:45:43 AM

Let's say I'm in country A and I wish to move some funds to some person in country B. I understand the flow is through the pocket and obstruct series. But how does the physiological movement of funds takes place??
Do you want to know the technical aspects of it ? Physiological movement applies in what context here ?

Also, like in the example of cross-border payments you can find banks involved, so in the example of block overly can there be some involvement of banks too ??
That isn't relevant since block-chain has completely a separate structure than that of the banks.The only partial involvement I could see are the miners.

Lastly, how will be the exchange-rate decided and charge chose centered on what parameters ??
Obviously,just like every other asset - Demand and Supply!
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:14:01 AM

Do you want to know the technical aspects of it ? Physiological movement applies in what context here ?

That isn't relevant since block-chain has completely a separate structure than that of the banks.The only partial involvement I could see are the miners.

Obviously,just like every other asset - Demand and Supply!
Another possible involvement of banks in the blockchain 'flow' is the very beginning and the very end, like you should somehow top up your bitcoin wallet. If you don't have someone from localbitcoins.com available around, you have to use a bank to transfer your EUR, USD, etc. to a bitcoin exchange, or use your fiat debit/credit card, issued and maintained by your bank.
You transfer the funds via the blockchain network to country B, and the recepient needs to somehow exhcange back the arrived bitcoin to fiat, if he/she needs fiat and not bitcoin. In this case the solution is localbitcoin.com or bank.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 07:42:16 AM

Bitcoin is universal. It is not a payment processor, as bitcoin is a unit of value in itself. I think this may be where you are confused(i may be wrong, but your question isn't very clear). No matter where you send bitcoin, it stays in the value of bitcoin. It does not change into a fiat currency and go through banks like traditional international transfers do.

This is one of the most attractive points of bitcoin, as there is virtually no difference between paying someone overseas and paying someone right next to you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: