Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:46:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is why KIN has HUGE potential!!!  (Read 2263 times)
GoldenOne (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 07:59:16 PM

KIK is very popular for cam girls and cryptocurrency is becoming increasingly popular in the sex industry. The sex industry is one of the biggest industries in the world and KIK has become a popular app used for cam girls. Just google 'Kik Cam Girls' and this comes up: https://www.bestusernames.com/kik-girls... this is a much bigger industry then people realize... This has the potential to propel Kin just like the darknet and drug industry helped to propel bitcoin in the early days. I'm not saying that I totally agree with it, but this will help to push its adoption ..Also, Kik and cryptocurrency is anonymous, therefore some people who have hesisated to pay for cam girls in the past becuase of personal information will not have this problem with KiK and Kin...I think that this is going to be huge!.. Nobody is really talking about this because it is taboo, but I am sure that the team at Kik know this which is why they feel so confident about Kin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:47:49 PM

Should you enumerate real reasons for using blockchain in that industry?
GoldenOne (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 09:26:06 PM

All I am saying is that this industry would help to propel KIN's value and adoption just like the darknet did with Bitcoin... I see that KIN has the potential to be a lot more then that, but initially this industry would help with value and adoption.
LuckyLlama

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:51:24 PM

Holy coin supply!  Cheesy
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:49:53 AM

Holy coin supply!  Cheesy

Yep, I posted a thread about it before the ICO...and is the main reason I am not touching KIN.  
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:58:09 AM

Kin is a great project the coin supply is completely ass though. Kin will be lucky to see .1 in its time.

Campaign Manager (2018)
Filmmmakerr

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:59:59 AM

Kin is a great project the coin supply is completely horrible though. Kin will be lucky to see .1 in its time.

Campaign Manager (2018)
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:22:07 AM

The total supply is just too much i dont like coinscoins with many total supply

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
username12345

Activity: 58

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:51:18 AM

Kin is a great project the coin supply is completely ass though. Kin will be lucky to see .1 in its time.

Exactly what I was thinking.

What is it 10,000,000,000,000 coins? Maybe I forgot a few more zeros

10 trillion coins? Lol. 0.05 cents per coin will be tough. Maybe 10 years of it really really takes off lol
Filmmmakerr

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:07:53 AM

Exactly what I was thinking.

What is it 10,000,000,000,000 coins? Maybe I forgot a few more zeros

10 trillion coins? Lol. 0.05 cents per coin will be tough. Maybe 10 years of it really really takes off lol

5 cents a coin in 10 years would be great. But even then, by that time we'll have 10000x more coins with who knows what capabilities.

Campaign Manager (2018)
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:22:09 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2017, 08:32:30 AM by Hyperme.sh

Okay I found their May announcement, which has a link to their video presentation by the founder of Kik Interactive.

The killer feature of their Kik chat was users did not need a telephone number to signup, i.e. some anonymity. So that is probably why it became adopted for sex chats. Lol. Sweet mother-of-boobubbles. The Kik name is an excellent brandable choice for a chat app.

This project is a serious competitor to the project I am launching because they are attempting to accomplish the same thing in terms of an ecosystem for apps, and they have the advantage of having a large userbase to market to.

However, they have a significant disadvantage compared to my project in that they are basing this on an ERC-20 token, yet Ethereum can't scale to millions of transactions per second. They are going to be limited in terms of kinds of apps and kinds of monetization gamefication they can enable because they simply do not have my decentralized ledger technology.

Also being that it was issued as an ICO, the token may get encumbered as an illegally issued security in global jurisdictions.

I initially had the thought of trying to call them. But I would presume they are going to be quite uninterested in changing direction immediately. They already sold the ICO for the Kin token. So maybe it is better to let them dig a hole for themselves first, then come to their rescue later. Hmmm.

The name Kin is above average good for a creative token name  (one syllable, reasonably apt connotation, etc). I think our one syllable (4 letters) name (which is both our social media domain and the token name) is better. I think we really hit a homerun on the name (it’s not Hypermesh).

This is very interesting. Competition is definitely heating up.
GoldenOne (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:42:46 PM

I understand why you guys are concerned about supply. Initially I was concerned about that too, but the problem is that we are comparing Kin to other coins when this is actually a completely different approach.

Look at it like this...

The majority of the remaining tokens are going to be rewarded to users and content developers in various ways. Kik currently has 15 million active users plus millions more accounts that are less active.

In the first year inflation is 30% and then keeps decreasing. 1/3 of that already went to the ICO and the remainder will go to KIK users and developers which will be $2 trillion kin. Lets say for example they decided to divide that 2 trillion evenly amongst all the active users, each user would get 133,333 which is equivalent to $16...You are going to have millions of teenagers and cam girl enthusiasts now with this currency in which most of them will likely use on the app and now Kin has become a part of their life and a part of their Kik experience going forward..  Eventually a good chunk of those people are going to want to buy Kin.  Kik did an experiment where they rewarded users with points to get stickers/emojis..It was really popular and some of its users were even willing to buy the points. Check this out: https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/buying-kik-points

KIN is combining 2 different worlds of people when it comes to its early adoption. The Kik world with 15 million active and the cryptocurrency world and its enthusiasts like us. The millions of active Kik users that will be using it is much larger number then amount of people who currently own it now.

Only 10,000 cryptocurrency enthusiasts bought it in the ICO versus 15 million active users on Kik... That is a 1500x difference in the amount of people!

The amount of Kin that was purchased in the ICO versus what will be distributed in KIK in the first year is only 3x!...overall in total there will be 7x Kin will be rewarded compared to what was purchased in the ICO. If you read the whitepaper, it says that $3 trillion will be saved for kin foundation operations and will not be used for rewards so therefore $7 trillion total being released through the ICO and through Kin rewards program.  Also the Kin rewards program may start to be used outside of Kik as well, eventually.

Also, Filmmmaker's reply/comment he said it will be lucky to see 0.10 in its time...  You are right, it will unlikely reach that, and if it did it likely wouldnt go beyond that. But you need to keep in mind that they did this on purpose so that they dont run into same problem that Bitcoin and Ether have when trading small amounts and gets divided into decimal numbers. For example, trading 40,000 KIN in instead of 0.032467 Ether...It's better like that.

The ICO price was 0.00012....If it goes up to 0.01, that is 83x! ...I think this is realistic and can happen within the next 3 years.

So when you consider all of things I mentioned, I don't think we should be concerned of the supply. This is a whole different beast, its not the same as other cryptocurrencies. It has great potential to have significant impact on cryptocurrency adoption.

I am aware of the scalability issues with the Ethereum blockchain but it looks like this will be fixed over time based on what I've read. Hopefully!
GoldenOne (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:20:55 AM

Things are slowly starting to fall into place and Kin wallets are being beta integrated into different users Kik accounts.

https://www.kik.com/kin/
https://twitter.com/melbaroudi/status/914981318538219521
https://imgur.com/a/uuhkE
aer0

Activity: 51

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:54:38 AM

I like to look at KIK like this:  Just like OMG has the benefit of Omise,  KIN is starting out like any other ICO with a crypto vision - with the benefit of KIK.   You can argue how useful it its, but both founders have demonstrated experience in building and leading teams - a lot more than we can say for many other ICOs out there.  Additionally I love the focus on incentivizing developers KIN has. 

Tezos, Kyber, 0x, Augur, Status all have raised money to build something of value, but are completely starting from scratch when in comes to building an organization.
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:56:40 AM

What percentage of these cam girls are taking bitcoin or other crypto currencies already?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
zabisux

Activity: 401

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:55:10 AM

This is good eough reason to buy and hold some kin in my opinion. But there are no clearn information abot supply. Isn't it too much for price? Also some say anonymity. whay kind of anonymity it brings? We really need good information about these features.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
bjumb

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:21:25 AM

However, they have a significant disadvantage compared to my project in that they are basing this on an ERC-20 token, yet Ethereum can't scale to millions of transactions per second.

Ethereum can scale to that much transactions. That's possible with Plasma, it just hasn't been implemented yet.
https://medium.com/chain-cloud-company-blog/plasma-in-10-minutes-c856da94e339
GoldenOne (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:22:02 PM

What percentage of these cam girls are taking bitcoin or other crypto currencies already?

I'm not sure how many girs on Kik are using Bitcoin or other crypto, but I know that outside of Kik bitcoin/crypto is becoming incresingly popular among cam girls and in the sex industry in general.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/9-bitcoin-accepting-cam-girl-websites/
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/bmjegv/sex-workers-guide-to-bitcoin
GoldenOne (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:45:07 PM

This is good eough reason to buy and hold some kin in my opinion. But there are no clearn information abot supply. Isn't it too much for price? Also some say anonymity. whay kind of anonymity it brings? We really need good information about these features.

You only need an email address to have a Kik account, no submitting your real name or phone number unlike other messaging apps.
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:49:44 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2017, 05:02:50 PM by Hyperme.sh

However, they have a significant disadvantage compared to my project in that they are basing this on an ERC-20 token, yet Ethereum can't scale to millions of transactions per second.

Ethereum can scale to that much transactions. That's possible with Plasma, it just hasn't been implemented yet.
https://medium.com/chain-cloud-company-blog/plasma-in-10-minutes-c856da94e339

All off-chain (and side-chain) must be insecure and must be entirely centralized. Afaics, there is no possible solution to fix off-chain and side-chains, because the problem is inherent in them not being on-chain. Craig Wright explained that well (which appears to be correct even though he has made some mistakes in other areas of his analysis). I have a comment linking to that and discussing that on Steemit.

I will soon endeavor to delve into more detail on that to make it crystal clear.

You may also want to review the discussion I had with the developer of Bitbay about Lightning Neworks.

Regarding side-chains:

(Unvetted/claimed) FACT: Only our new decentralized ledger design solves secure, decentralized scaling. None of the others do: proof-of-work, proof-of-stake, side-chains, off-chain (aka time-locked contracts), Casper, Byteball, IOHK’s Ouroboros, SPECTRE (is not same as Spectrecoin), Iota, and DPoS (which is used in many projects such as Bitshares, Steem, EOS, Lisk, Ark, etc). I am writing a blog post about why all those other systems are insolubly flawed.

This (claimed) fact will be explained in great detail.

Btw, the RADIX whitepaper appears to be gibberish, which is why I haven’t commented at that thread.

There is a secret Gist that describes the new invention. This will be made public soon.

I urge you to read Vitalik’s astute analysis of the flaws of DPoS (and that it is entirely centralized and can be attacked by attacking the whales of it):

https://steemit.com/eos/@dan/reponse-to-vitalik-s-written-remarks

https://np.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/6qm0y2/is_the_ethereum_team_defending_their_ground/dkyk94c/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/6qm0y2/is_the_ethereum_team_defending_their_ground/dkzoj5t/

DPoS is centralized, permissioned, and highly vulnerable to abuse by nations, lawsuits, etc.. That can not be a world changing decentralized ledger that we can depend on. Also the consensus algorithm is far too subjective and not objectively verifiable.

Steemit’s DPoS was offline for over an hour before I slept. And when I awoke it has still been down several hours later. A centralized ledger design is not robust enough to scale out to the world. It works for some small shit like Steemit sometimes. Is that centralized DPoS acceptable for a “world computer” in that it will go offline for hours?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: