Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:55:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumours saying Neo is now legal in China  (Read 1013 times)
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:09:14 PM

So this would be the coin not banned from the exchanges.

what do you mean by this part ?
China never banned any specific coins (bitcoin or altcoins) from exchanges. they closed the exchanges themselves, most probably because of ICO infestation.

besides NEO has never been illegal to begin with. it is like any other one of them. like ETH and a dozen others.

and speculation-wise it seems like NEO is moving up these days. i see a nice up-trend which increases the price every day.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:10:31 PM

there have been a lot of rumors about NEO lately, lots of them even contradictory to each other. they started linking NEO to China a lot and when things got hard over there about ICOs and all the exchanges closing, the NEO price tankes hard.
now they are trying to bring it back.

price seems to be recovering good though. it seems to be responding to the news and also the fact that NEO is a growing coin with lots of investors these days.

Buying the dip...
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:30:01 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2017, 08:02:26 PM by Hyperme.sh

This is probably where the rumors started. This article has since been deleted from the website:

https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20170925193139/https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/neo-founder-da-hongfei-advised-china-ico-ban-govt-collaboration-possible/

And these other articles refer to that news:

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/neo-price-surges-founder-says-government-collaboration-possible/

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/neo-leads-crypto-market-30-price-surge/ (also mentions Bitfinex added NEO)

NEO founder Da Hongfei […] speculated that a future collaboration between NEO and the Chinese government is a possibility.

https://cryptovest.com/news/neo-proves-its-strength-price-up-25-good-news-pile-up/

I should note that an issuer (or affiliate of the issuer) making speculative statements (i.e. which are not statements of material facts) are illegal in terms of most securities laws in the world. He is attempting to pump up the price, but perhaps digging deeper legal problems in the future.

This yet again more of the scammy nature of our ecosystem, attempting to hype empty Pets.com bags to greater fools. As with the Dot.com bust, this will not end well when the ICO bubble finally collapses into a pile of rubble.

Enjoy it while you can.

(Oh remember, yeah right I am just jealous and I can’t get along with anyone so entirely ignore everything I wrote  Roll Eyes)

What a gem of a post we have here, hilarious and true at the same time. In the outside world, for such claims, a real security can be destroyed with the CEO facing serious accusations, yes, just for a speculation!
So we have two possible cases here:
1) He knows this and he doesn't care as he is either anonymous or in a safe heaven where he can't be touched.
2) He is so ignorant and stupid that he doesn't even know that it is illegal to do what he is doing.

Which one is it?

Thinking globally here, not just about the China ban.

Presumably they think they that the global securities regulators will not be able to get sufficiently organized to go after them. They also presume that if all the ICO investors end up making a profit, then the securities regulators will not bring an enforcement case.

Also they have offered to refund investors and they think that is another way to prevent investors from complaining to the regulators.

Also they may be hoping that their issuance is eventually classified as not being a security or grandfathered.

And they may be presuming that in a worst case scenario, they made so much profit that they can afford the best attorneys.

Given that the SEC has issued their first enforcement case which as I had expected, is a case of fraud where the investors are likely to have losses, it appears that enforcement against ICOs will first be focused on cases of fraud, obvious scams that have no real value, and on increased capital contols.

Thus it appears the ICO bubble will continue upwards for a while still, and perhaps more focused on projects that are not vaporware.

I still think in the end game, there will be a graveyard of ICO issued tokens that have no value.

It it is not clear to me if securities regulators will be bypassed by decentralized exchanges. I think in the case of a token that trades mostly spending on goods and services as opposed to trading between speculators (aka investors), it is quite unlikely that regulators would attempt to declare such P2P decentralized trading to be illegal even if the security had initially been issued as a security. Because the public will have demonstrated that the token is useful not as just a speculative investment.

Whether such a token would continue to be legal to trade on unregistered centralized exchanges (that obviously mostly cater to speculative investment), I'm less confident but it's a possibility.

I think it is important to emphasize that it implausible to issue a security which legally publicly trades between speculators all over the world (unless perhaps held initially for 3 years by the initial investors) even if registering or not registering the securities. This is because the nation-state securities regulations are not unified.

Thus ICO issuance is a sort of purgatory in the sense that there is no assurance of how it will end up. It could end up encumbering the tokens such that they are illegal to trade for investors who do itemized reporting of capital gains on tax returns (assuming regulators get coordinating with tax reporting). Yet I think due to the easy and extreme money to be made, participants are throwing caution aside.

What I would like to see and what I intend to do with my project is fundraising that is not issuing tokens as securities. So as to make it very clear that there won't be this purgatory hanging over the project ongoing.
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:58:50 PM

I don't think neo can be exempted , this may be misinformation

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Legendari

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:19:25 PM

As far as I know NEO wasn't banned in China, but if what you say is true and China has ceased to ban everything, it is good news)

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
ROT13

Activity: 169

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:23:23 PM

All the china stuff last month was a massive troll.  They'll regulate it, allow exchanges to operate under a strict set of conditions and with some caveats it will be business as normal for the rest of us.  Very likely that all big chinese projects will pump as a consequence, NEO will likely be the largest benefactor.
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:26:26 PM

People want you to believe NEO is somehow special from the other currencies in China so it gets pumped.

If this really was the case, I would have expected to see a lot more action going on with a billion threads here.

Exactly, I've noticed more pumps with NEO than any other coin and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm a fan of the product and hold some my self but when I see it jump 30% over other coins in one night than plummet back down 30% it just isn't a good sign.

Campaign Manager (2018)
OZZYMANDIAS

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 09:17:24 PM

the regulators are just in conversation, but much in favour of Leo
fetka88

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:35:03 PM

Hello,

I was checking out #neo on Twitter and saw a lot of articles saying Neo is legal as from today in China.

Does anyone have more info?

LOL
Johnnywelsh

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:48:34 PM

All your going to get is more answers based on rumors...

chilly9876

Activity: 246

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 11:07:44 PM

Usually when rumours are true you see the impact on the market instantly as those with inside info buy/sell. The China rumours have been flying around all day but not seen much impact on market.

Jincor
Genuinely simple smart contracts and cryptocurrency transactions for any business
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Whitepaper FacebookTwitterTelegramLinkedin
Jincor ICO 15th of November, 2017[/center
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:11:10 PM

Hello,

I was checking out #neo on Twitter and saw a lot of articles saying Neo is legal as from today in China.

Does anyone have more info?

Since its rumor for now, I then don't see why reverence should be given to such and if you heard it from somewhere or read it, you should have equally put the reference as well so that it can be discussed. It has been said several times that the only thing China has banned is the ICOs which is even no longer a subject of discussion and for NEO, we need to get a clearer view on the situation of things before arriving at a conclusion.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: