Bitcoin Forum
August 01, 2024, 08:17:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FREE VPN [OS X/Windows] - WHOAMI VPN - 6 LOCATIONS - FREE NOW  (Read 2082 times)
kavinsky (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:22:40 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2018, 12:43:29 AM by kavinsky

https://i.imgur.com/Qj4vvTA.jpg

Open BETA access.

Our company Whoami Inc. is incorporated in Panama where no data retention laws exist. We will protect your privacy.

Discord: https://discord.gg/bWqA2CF
Twitter: https://twitter.com/WhoamiVPN

We have been working on a VPN project and are in the stage of releasing the beta for testing and would like to extend an invitation to all Bitcointalk members here who would be interested in trying this out and giving us feedback on the product. Please note that this is a beta so you can expect problems and bugs but that's why I'm looking to have folks here help me test this so we can correct any bugs or issues for our final release shortly.

I would like to add that you will have the ability test with absolutely no data limits during the beta so you can use as much as you like however we will have limited servers and several countries. Right now we're just trying to work out any bugs that might be in the coding and that's for you folks come in.  

Yes, we are nobody right now, so why should people trust us over some VPN provider paid to be featured in PCMAG, The New York Times or some other news magazine. Our VPN service is going to be free until we can provide a satisfying and bug-free experience for our end users after that we will offer paid plans with access to better servers and more features.

Also, we will be having a free version in our final release. There will be no restrictions on data but it will be only on a limited number of servers which will be announced in the final release.

You can leave your comments here, create a support ticket on the site or join our discord.

Nothing is free, so I must be the product?
Yes, you are the product but being the product is not always a bad thing! The VPN is free because it helps us grow the number of users registered faster, thus we get more exposure as people probably are more likely to recommend us to their friends as we offer a free service in that moment and the users help us with finding bugs, improve the overall usability and suggest new features.

We do NOT
  • record your VPN usage;
  • present any kind of annoying 3rd party ads;
  • sell or distribute your data to 3rd parties.

Thanks.

NEW UPDATES

Build 1.0.6 includes:

• - Bypass restrictive firewall rules wth Stunnel
  • - Bypass mobile data limits and firewalled internet access
  • - Utilizing ONE of the most secure encryption algorithms for key exchange ECDSA384 / SHA384. This algorithm is also used in Bitcoin and Ethereum which make it highly reputable.
  • - Adblocker, block advertisement networks without the need to install any sketchy 3rd party plugins for your browser.
  • - Malwareblocker, block unwanted ip addresses/domain names that has proven to be malicious.
  • - Beacon animation improved.
  • - Improved quality of the UI components.
  • - Fixed random disconnects.
  • - Implemented encryption of all DNS traffic, prevent spying, spoofing and MiTM attacks (man-in-the-middle attack)
  • - DNS logs are removed frequently. No data are collected or distributed from the DNS server.
  • - Increased the DNS lookup speed.
  • - Fixed soft reset issue, disconnected after 1 hour.
  • - Implemented handling for drops, sleeps and other connection issues.
  • - Switched from AES-128 to AES-256-GCM
  • - Fixed slow DNS issue
  • - Offline mode (if logged in once, the app should login and show servers list without internet connection)
  • - [enter] button for logging on login page in both username and password fiels
  • - New icon
  • - Correct info about connected users and connection time
illusioNiZt

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 05:24:34 PM

I will check out your service in few hours when I get home and write a honest review after using it for few days website looks good.

Sadsong

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:16:07 PM

I will check out your service in few hours when I get home and write a honest review after using it for few days website looks good.

Look forward to the write up, I am to green to take first step and give a good review on these matters. Hopefully you sway me towards this product or point out some flags I would be unaware of.

I am new to discord as well OP, so I guess that will have to wait till next weekend when I have time to figure out how to navigate it.
kavinsky (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:13:39 AM

Yes please feel free to provide feedback, or any consideration on how we can improve.

Look forward to the write up, I am to green to take first step and give a good review on these matters. Hopefully you sway me towards this product or point out some flags I would be unaware of.

I am new to discord as well OP, so I guess that will have to wait till next weekend when I have time to figure out how to navigate it.

Once you have Discord setup, you can contact us there to ask question or give feedback.
You can also submit support tickets via the website.
kavinsky (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:19:56 PM

Please feel free to provide any feedback or opinions you have regarding WhoamIVPN while we're making changes within the beta period before releasing the final product.
kavinsky (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:14:14 AM

It's now possible to download the OpenVPN config through the user-panel on our website. Please note at current time only the Netherlands server is up and running.
kavinsky (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:40:03 AM

New updates will be announced soon.
Please let us know if you have any questions or feed back regarding the VPN free access beta.
kavinsky (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:51:31 AM

Our VPN client is now fixed and works for all versions of Mac OS X.
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:39:14 AM

Please let us know if you have any questions or feed back regarding the VPN free access beta.

I have downloaded and installed your Vpn on my windows 10 pc. I have logged in, and i see only 2 servers available, without any users connected to them, but none of the servers are connecting. When i click on a server, an click connect, nothing happens after that.
How to connect to a server? And what is the button at the top which gets blue when i click it? Does it have anything to do with connecting or it is for some other purpose?
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:58:23 AM

your websiete loks nice but i got registered and saw only 2 servers online it was Netherlands and USA .
iam really interestd in swizzerland vps when will these server upcomming ?
and willl ther also a Linux version avalable ? becourse it was not possible to connect via openVPN to any server ??

kind regards
kavinsky (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:35:29 PM

I have downloaded and installed your Vpn on my windows 10 pc. I have logged in, and i see only 2 servers available, without any users connected to them, but none of the servers are connecting. When i click on a server, an click connect, nothing happens after that.
How to connect to a server? And what is the button at the top which gets blue when i click it? Does it have anything to do with connecting or it is for some other purpose?

Hi! First of all, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with our VPN software. Please make sure no other software on your PC is blocking for Whoami VPN Client.

When you have selected a server (pick a country and then a server in the sub list), the "CONNECT" button should be visible on the bottom of the application, click it and it should be connecting. If this is not the case you are more than welcome to come by our discord channel and we will try to figure out the cause of this

The button at the top is a switch button (on/off), it's simply used to disconnect from a server. It can also be used for connecting to a server, assuming you have already picked a server in the server list.

your websiete loks nice but i got registered and saw only 2 servers online it was Netherlands and USA .
and willl ther also a Linux version avalable ? becourse it was not possible to connect via openVPN to any server ??

kind regards

Thanks for your kind words. We might get the Switzerland server up and run this or the next week. At current time our priority is making the product more stable and adding the planned functionalities.

If you wanna use OpenVPN own client sure you can do that, please download the OpenVPN config through the user-panel but it only works for Netherlands and USA as these are the only 1 up and running atm. If you have any issues feel free to contact us on discord or any of our other channels.
TorbiK

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Diagon

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:06:54 PM

kind regards

How about Russian? I think many will be useful.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
kavinsky (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:31:54 AM

kind regards

How about Russian? I think many will be useful.

We will be adding a Russian location soon. We just added USA.
We will be looking to provide a selection of multiple locations at WhoamiVPN as we progress within our beta.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:15:45 PM

the website interface is nice,
i hope you can add SG server for vpn soon.
kavinsky (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:14:34 PM

The next servers we are going to add will be located in San Francisco and Singapore. We are just finishing up a few things for the VPN client and web app before doing so. Thanks for the suggestion.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:31:57 PM

The next servers we are going to add will be located in San Francisco and Singapore. We are just finishing up a few things for the VPN client and web app before doing so. Thanks for the suggestion.

Where are you guys located? I see Panama on the homepage of your site?

Are you guys legally required to hold logs of your users / customers, and if so, how much / in which case do you report them? Quite interesting to know about that.

You basically register everything we do?

kavinsky (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:01:12 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2017, 10:26:36 AM by kavinsky

Where are you guys located? I see Panama on the homepage of your site?

Are you guys legally required to hold logs of your users / customers, and if so, how much / in which case do you report them? Quite interesting to know about that.

https://i.gyazo.com/3c2925e19927e4e82158c945cdb1ddb5.png

You basically register everything we do?

Panama, Panama City. There exist no data retention laws in Panama so we are not legally required to hold certain information about our customers.

We have revised the privacy policy, it will be available soon. I'd like to clarify on our log policy: we log your IP address when you send queries to our website;  browser version; timestamp.

We do NOT log the following things when visiting our website: time spent on each page; statistics in general. There will never be any 3rd party analytics on our website. We will never place any 3rd party and permanent cookies on your PC when browsing our website.

And we do not log your VPN traffic this includes what website you visited, a timestamp for the visit and so on. Thus we do not register everything you do, we keep it to a totally minimum.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:53:31 AM

Almost all VPN companies keep records, there is no problem keeping records. Are there ads on the VPN?? The ads are sometimes very annoying. I will install the VPN according to whether it is an advertisement or not.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
kavinsky (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:23:50 AM

Almost all VPN companies keep records, there is no problem keeping records. Are there ads on the VPN?? The ads are sometimes very annoying. I will install the VPN according to whether it is an advertisement or not.

There are no ads nor do we plan to add that. We will never present 3rd party ads for any of our users on the desktop or web app.
kavinsky (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:38:19 PM

great what if i used this in playing CS GO sir this can be possible sir?
Possibly. It depends on your location. We only have servers in Netherlands and USA right now. If you live too far away from these locations your latency might be too high.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: