Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:37:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reverse the bans! Sign the petition to reinstate ICOs in China and South Korea  (Read 396 times)
bobsav2121 (OP)

Activity: 317
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:39:25 PM

I understand your urge to continue ICOs and altcoins in China and South Korea but take it from me, even if you get 7 billion signs on your petition (just about the number of people in this world), those countries would still not listen to anybody. Their decisions are completely based internal decision making which is carried out by the communist government and we all know how communist governments work in this world.
Anyways, signed the petition for the hope of good.

I agree that these governments are not likely to listen, but I still think it's worth the effort. Thanks for signing!
bobsav2121 (OP)

Activity: 317
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:41:10 PM

Nah, you do not need to do anything. Just let those countries watch others conduct good ICOs and see them slowly move towards regulation. When they see that they are missing out, they will change their minds. After all, most people feel China's bans are just to kill the weeds at the roots while they draw up the necessary legislature. I do not think there is any need to dramatize these bans

It's not about drama, and I agree that this isn't going to actually change their position. However, making a statement is important. Thanks!
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:45:01 PM

Okay I get you don't like the ban. But do you genuinely believe you will make them change their mind because of your online petition? I don't think so. Even the statement you're going for won't mean a whole lot. Instead if you're affected personally, try to find ways to participate in ico's and trade on international exchanges. The free market will adapt and find ways around the bans.
ferrari2fast

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:11:41 AM

Just signed! you got my vote!
Slowhand26

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:33:33 AM

Click here to SIGN THE PETION

The People's Bank of China & South Korean Financial Services Commission should reverse their bans on ICOs immediately as they are sending a global message that stifles innovation.

Regulatory bodies are there to protect investors, but in this case, such an outright and draconian ban only leaves their countries wallowing behind the rest of the world.

Cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies are the next internet, that will bring about new powerhouses like Google and Amazon. Do China and South Korea really want to stand by the side while other nations give birth to these new giants? Financial regulatory leaders cannot be so heavy handed and short sighted, as this ultimately cuts them off from what is promising to be as significant for global innovation as the internet was in the twentieth century.

Let's demand a more enlightened position. Citizens of China and South Korea deserve to play a role in the adoption of this technology that will change the world.

The OPEN Initiative stands alongside those who support mainstream adoption of cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies.

Join us as we oppose these unjust actions, and together we can send a positive signal to other regulatory bodies that the blockchain space needs room to breath, evolve and prosper.

I am not really sure but please enlighten us. Will this petition make any difference? Unless most members that will sign the petitions are locals from China and Korea and investor  from those countries will make an action to lift the ban. But if we from other countries who support ICO and any kind of Crypto game, I highly doubt this will be noticed by those countries government. It's their own decision and I believe they have basis for it. 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: