Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:21:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which coin can replace Ethereum?  (Read 1116 times)
kilobytez (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

What's Quirky In Life?

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:05:30 PM

Ethereum is current the #no2 of all Altcoins with smart contract features and possibly one of the strongest among all Altcoins. Which coin do you think will replace Ethereum in the future (if they managed to fork)? Or do you think Ethereum will remain it's #no2 position and and no other Altcoins can beat? I have a list below that have the potential. Would appreciate to have your input.

1. Lisk (open source; Crypti fork)
    - Javascript (typescript) based; Blockchain Application Platform; DPOS; Lisk APP SDK; Sidechain owner rights

2. Qtum (open source; combines Bitcoin Core fork; ERC-20 token) own Mainet soon!
    - hybrid blockchain application platform; self-aware governing system; EVM; POS; Oracle & Datafeeds allow smart contracts

3. MelonPort (open source; ERC-20 token)
    - Asset (Hedge Fund) management; M-0; Module builders; smart contract with traceable transaction; Oyente partnership

4. Zcash (open source)
   - privacy-shielded transactions (inc. public & private address); zero-knowledge proof @ zk-SNARKs;

5. EOS (open source; ERC-20 token)
   - powered by Block.one; POS; horizontal scaling of dAPPS; token distribution for 341 days; flexi-applications; web toolkits

6. NEO (open source)
   - 'The chinese Ethereum' (rebranding from Antshares); Neocontracts; dApps; dBFT consensus mechanism; superconducting transactions; NeoX-NeoQS-NeoFS

░░░░░ Join Bitcoin Asia Network (BAN): https://goo.gl/LCCvy4 ░░░░░
 ░░░░░ COSS Token [Exchange] : https://goo.gl/uTFWbp  ░░░░░ Tips : 0xC8A0eF18f18F19d59CF5603f1777c181BE67205D ░░░░░
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:32:48 PM

Ethereum is current the #no2 of all Altcoins with smart contract features and possibly one of the strongest among all Altcoins. Which coin do you think will replace Ethereum in the future (if they managed to fork)? Or do you think Ethereum will remain it's #no2 position and and no other Altcoins can beat? I have a list below that have the potential. Would appreciate to have your input.

1. Lisk (open source; Crypti fork)
    - Javascript (typescript) based; Blockchain Application Platform; DPOS; Lisk APP SDK; Sidechain owner rights

2. Qtum (open source; combines Bitcoin Core fork; ERC-20 token) own Mainet soon!
    - hybrid blockchain application platform; self-aware governing system; EVM; POS; Oracle & Datafeeds allow smart contracts

3. MelonPort (open source; ERC-20 token)
    - Asset (Hedge Fund) management; M-0; Module builders; smart contract with traceable transaction; Oyente partnership

4. Zcash (open source)
   - privacy-shielded transactions (inc. public & private address); zero-knowledge proof @ zk-SNARKs;

5. EOS (open source; ERC-20 token)
   - powered by Block.one; POS; horizontal scaling of dAPPS; token distribution for 341 days; flexi-applications; web toolkits

6. NEO (open source)
   - 'The chinese Ethereum' (rebranding from Antshares); Neocontracts; dApps; dBFT consensus mechanism; superconducting transactions; NeoX-NeoQS-NeoFS

For now, it seems like Ethereum is an irreplaceable cryptocoin though some of the coins in your list have great potential in the coming days. Ethereum is already supporting lots of smaller altcoins through their ERC-20 token system which will keep them afloat and at the #2 position. I consider ZCash and Waves to be potential competitors for ETH's #2 position.
vfrcbv911

Activity: 238
Merit: 144

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:45:29 PM

Why in this list there are no waves? It seems to me that the basis of Ethereum, smart contracts and the ability to release their tokens. So I think the main competitor Ethereum waves!

Red_Sanford

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:21:46 PM

Why in this list there are no waves? It seems to me that the basis of Ethereum, smart contracts and the ability to release their tokens. So I think the main competitor Ethereum waves!

Really ? Do you think Waves can compete with ETH ?

I have held some for quite a while but I really thought it was only going to have a dex and allow token creation. Really didn't think it's smart contract ability would be able to catch up with ETH. They are still on 1 minute blocks and really haven't had a good ICO on it yet

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:31:24 PM

Really ? Do you think Waves can compete with ETH ?

I have held some for quite a while but I really thought it was only going to have a dex and allow token creation. Really didn't think it's smart contract ability would be able to catch up with ETH. They are still on 1 minute blocks and really haven't had a good ICO on it yet
I cant see anything that WAVES would able to compete with ETH but i would say that it does have somehow potential. ETH is really on the top 2 spot as of now on the ranking.Talking about the next candidate on which coin would able to defeat ETH into its place then i cant say such coin because i dont have any ideas on coins which can par up on the features of eth maybe there are already been existing but no one really knows.
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:02:16 PM

I think that Ethereum will retain its #2 position and no other alts can replace it, although some can compete with it but none coin will replace it.

Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:42:23 PM

I think that Ethereum will retain its #2 position and no other alts can replace it, although some can compete with it but none coin will replace it.

I have to agree with this - the amount of ICOs and tokens that are dependent on ERC-20 just validates it.
Zuilhsa

Activity: 296
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:56:02 PM

First of all there is no demand for altcoins from the user side. Bitcoin remains first and was liked by all, but after the emergence of ethereum the demand towards cryptocurrencies has improved and gained the second position. I think no other altcoin can replace its place for long.

mickaelsilver10

Activity: 1288
Merit: 283

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:16:11 PM

Competitively agree with this comment.
Waves seems to be the corner that could compete with ETH
Some ICOs already use wave rather than ETH

XSL Labs.io
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:17:32 PM

Ark is the only platform you need to know and investing in.
billyj111

Activity: 322

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:30:24 PM

I consider to be the greatest competitor Ethereum - is chinese ethereum - NEO

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
rezurect

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:32:02 PM

I think whatever will replace eth, if eth is to be replaced at all, isn't there yet.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:40:56 PM

Competitively agree with this comment.
Waves seems to be the corner that could compete with ETH
Some ICOs already use wave rather than ETH

It seems we are talking about ICO creation competition here Smiley  So far ETH had left WAVES a thousand miles. Though I can say there is always a possibility of takeover from any emerging coins and technology out there. There is no permanent in this world remember, even Bitcoin can be replaced by newer coins Smiley  I also don't ignore the possibility of Bitcoin replacing ETH on the number 2 spot and ETH being number 1  Grin.
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:49:04 PM

I have read a lot about neo being the chinese ethereum but with china banning all icos and exchanges and bitcoin will that make neo weaker and ethereum stronger as a comparison?

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:55:01 PM

i think that is not much like to happen am still waiting for Ether rocket launch towards the 10k's
buharikx31

Activity: 830
Merit: 258

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:59:18 PM

I think neo have a better potential then any other cryptocurrency platforms, but after platform get working we can expect that project can make neo closer to that place where is Ethereum and maybe get it position

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:08:05 PM

We could analyze first, why Ethereum is the number two. It has a great platform for developers and projects, makes new cryptos possible and has a great community. So its a good team player with Bitcoin in portfolio. Ehat would we need next? If we look to China and South Korea, then maybe a cryptocurrency with high privacy could get much attention the next time. For example Monero and ZCash again.
_Dawid_

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:10:12 PM

I would bet on Qtum because of its key features.Unfortunately quite expensive coin already.
I think that Ethrum will keep its #no2 position for long time yet. Features which Qtum is offering like: own Mainet,  self-aware governing syste,  EVM, POS, and  Oracle & Datafeeds allow smart contracts are fery promosing for me. To sum up, now for long time Etherum and maybe in the future Qtum.

Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:11:27 PM

NEO is the closest. But I don't see it happening anytime soon...

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:20:35 PM

nothing is granted forever in long run better sytem will win becouse it will be better system.

Do you see nokia today on street ?

Ok ETH have 1st mover advantage but it will discover many problems on way.
Now you have problem becouse fixing some issues will boke some ICOs code or biznes model... UPS

New coin have easier now becoust ETH as test net showed others weakens of their system.
At end of the day better/faster system will win. Once competition which is on "other platform" is getting edge in tech over ETH.
ICOs won't have choice but migrate to alternative system or die in competition.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: