Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:35:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]🔵🔵 OYSTER 🔵🔵 Anonymous Storage Generates Revenue for Websites  (Read 73332 times)
ToTheMoon_XOM9IK

Activity: 770
Merit: 156

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 07:21:42 PM

Oyster Development Update June 22, 2018
https://medium.com/oysterprotocol/oyster-development-update-june-22-2018-b6fcb5a54ad3

The development team has made further progress in optimizing the web node script. The previous web node build had a total size of 1.8 megabytes, which is a significant amount of JavaScript to parse through (this was an issue originally submitted by an Oyster community member). The development team has since taken this concern from the community into consideration and has managed to reduce that build to 575kb (a decrease of 70%). By reducing the size of the web node script, the response time for clients will be much shorter, as the necessary data to be downloaded client-side to run the protocol is now significantly smaller.
In addition, the development team has made significant strides in the Ethereuem-related functionalities of the broker nodes, as well as fixed bugs related to gas limits and nonces. Furthermore, QA has been completed on the bury_treasure_addresses task. This task does three things (and for the interest of our community, this post will include the Etherscan transactions that show this task in action).
First, the treasure is sent to a treasure address

(https://etherscan.io/tx/0x896b8d39ae6b1e89f8b931e5a6a49a12e33922c3d62290fc94b9b2c0582579db).

Then, a tiny amount of ETH is forwarded to the treasure address to be used as the gas for the bury() call

(https://etherscan.io/tx/0x54233b4b520bc7634475b786a2306727a5c7dbe737c939508db9550b56c1a2a9).

Finally, the eth_gateway method is invoked and calls the bury() method on the Oyster PRL smart contract

(https://etherscan.io/tx/0x0a7f9427d61e8a4040d5b428f0042996f1ea16a58c7baa23a0174b4b7be6c174).

The transaction ids provided detailing the bury_treasure_addresses task are examples created during testing; thus, the gas prices used in these transactions are relatively high to ensure the transactions are confirmed within a reasonable time frame. In production, these gas prices will be much lower. With the bury_treasure_addresses task working correctly in testing, the development team has moved on to testing the claim_unused_prls task, which will invoke some of Oyster’s eth_gateway methods so that the broker can retrieve any PRLs that were leftover and not needed for treasures.

The development team has also been working on finishing the design for ‘rev2’ and writing proof-of-concept code in Python to use as a reference implementation in other languages later on. The team has started on documenting how rev1 (the current build in production) works to support legacy clients in the future as well. ‘Rev2’ is an exciting future improvement to the Oyster Protocol, as it will give the protocol the capability to offer multi-file uploads in a single session to a single handle. Moreover, each file has the potential of having its own password that the user needs to remember on their own (completely optional feature) and also enables features like media streaming due to a change in how treasures are buried. The design changes in ‘rev2’ of the Oyster protocol will ultimately help wide-spread adoption of the protocol for commercial-grade data storage, as well as lead to a more favorable user experience.

The development team has also added a universal error page to the web storage interface which users will be rerouted to if an error occurs trying upload or retrieval of a file. Additionally, the team has continued testing the integration of Badger DB into the system and are actively working on solving some issues related to this integration. Further work has been completed on integrating a streaming implementation of file uploads to handle larger files. In conjunction with the broker node performance improvements of saving binary data outside of the SQL database, this streaming implementation will significantly help with scalability.

Finally, the team has been working on in-browser previews for Oyster files, and some small improvements on streamable have been made, most notably download progress can now be tracked and displayed visually.
TeraBite
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:31:04 PM

The team is working awesome I feel nice to read to latest update as like they are making progress and implementing nice features to make it user friendly and make it more useful. They are bringing comfort for people to use this like normal tool. I think this is good achievement for this project.

MEGATRON  -  THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION       
                        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER         LAUNCH EVENT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN                 
alvena

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:13:26 PM

Yes, at least a stock exchange of the first two-bit, but then I think not to average once again on prl, we can not find the bottom in any way. Need more exchanges, volumes, liquidity, and most importantly new holders and traders.
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:30:27 AM

This is very good achievement by successfully reducing the web node size to increase the response time and make the whole process faster and more efficient. After launch of main net we are in a phase where enhancement in capacities and capabilities and efficiencies is next. We need to stand by the team to let them improve and upgraded where they think is necessary.
abonarea
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 05:58:10 PM

When you verify these transactions and look at the details and then return to remaining content of the update it gives you real understanding of the progress that what has been done. At start I just read and couldn't understand but with the help of these proof of transactions it became clear.
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 07:50:08 PM

At this point there is no reason to go further, from what I understand Oyster has plenty of benefits and those benefits are the reason why it can survive. I’m just saying that giving more money than ads isn’t one of them. For 1000 visits you make in the dollar amounts of ad revenue. Those visits cost almost nothing in electricity, and therefore I make almost nothing in PRL.
ToTheMoon_XOM9IK

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 07:55:46 PM

At this point there is no reason to go further, from what I understand Oyster has plenty of benefits and those benefits are the reason why it can survive. I’m just saying that giving more money than ads isn’t one of them. For 1000 visits you make in the dollar amounts of ad revenue. Those visits cost almost nothing in electricity, and therefore I make almost nothing in PRL.

Already answered

For 1k visits you are making a dollar? You are speaking of uniques, right? Where do you have that number from? That's also depending on the ads your are getting on your website. You can't simply "chose" to make such money.
Marc Scafbui

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 10:23:53 PM

It's a crypto trade is very nice. Very nice design, blameless business!  Good luck guys.
--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:48:47 AM

https://medium.com/oysterprotocol/oyster-development-update-june-22-2018-b6fcb5a54ad3

The development team has made further progress in optimizing the web node script. The previous web node build had a total size of 1.8 megabytes, which is a significant amount of JavaScript to parse through (this was an issue originally submitted by an Oyster community member). The development team has since taken this concern from the community into consideration and has managed to reduce that build to 575kb (a decrease of 70%). By reducing the size of the web node script, the response time for clients will be much shorter, as the necessary data to be downloaded client-side to run the protocol is now significantly smaller.
In addition, the development team has made significant strides in the Ethereuem-related functionalities of the broker nodes, as well as fixed bugs related to gas limits and nonces. Furthermore, QA has been completed on the bury_treasure_addresses task. This task does three things (and for the interest of our community, this post will include the Etherscan transactions that show this task in action).

(https://etherscan.io/tx/0x896b8d39ae6b1e89f8b931e5a6a49a12e33922c3d62290fc94b9b2c0582579db).

Then, a tiny amount of ETH is forwarded to the treasure address to be used as the gas for the bury() call

(https://etherscan.io/tx/0x54233b4b520bc7634475b786a2306727a5c7dbe737c939508db9550b56c1a2a9).

Finally, the eth_gateway method is invoked and calls the bury() method on the Oyster PRL smart contract

(https://etherscan.io/tx/0x0a7f9427d61e8a4040d5b428f0042996f1ea16a58c7baa23a0174b4b7be6c174).

The transaction ids provided detailing the bury_treasure_addresses task are examples created during testing; thus, the gas prices used in these transactions are relatively high to ensure the transactions are confirmed within a reasonable time frame. In production, these gas prices will be much lower. With the bury_treasure_addresses task working correctly in testing, the development team has moved on to testing the claim_unused_prls task, which will invoke some of Oyster’s eth_gateway methods so that the broker can retrieve any PRLs that were leftover and not needed for treasures.

The development team has also been working on finishing the design for ‘rev2’ and writing proof-of-concept code in Python to use as a reference implementation in other languages later on. The team has started on documenting how rev1 (the current build in production) works to support legacy clients in the future as well. ‘Rev2’ is an exciting future improvement to the Oyster Protocol, as it will give the protocol the capability to offer multi-file uploads in a single session to a single handle. Moreover, each file has the potential of having its own password that the user needs to remember on their own (completely optional feature) and also enables features like media streaming due to a change in how treasures are buried. The design changes in ‘rev2’ of the Oyster protocol will ultimately help wide-spread adoption of the protocol for commercial-grade data storage, as well as lead to a more favorable user experience.

The development team has also added a universal error page to the web storage interface which users will be rerouted to if an error occurs trying upload or retrieval of a file. Additionally, the team has continued testing the integration of Badger DB into the system and are actively working on solving some issues related to this integration. Further work has been completed on integrating a streaming implementation of file uploads to handle larger files. In conjunction with the broker node performance improvements of saving binary data outside of the SQL database, this streaming implementation will significantly help with scalability.

Finally, the team has been working on in-browser previews for Oyster files, and some small improvements on streamable have been made, most notably download progress can now be tracked and displayed visually.

Very nice update, i was in withdrawing my support to the oyster pearl but as this news comes out. I was lose for a long time because of uncomfortable market and i sold some of my tokens lately. Now i am finding some projects which i can trust its long mid term to long term roi. This announcement is so great and in timing for me.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
yourcatsofat

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 05:16:16 AM

Very nice update, i was in withdrawing my support to the oyster pearl but as this news comes out. I was lose for a long time because of uncomfortable market and i sold some of my tokens lately. Now i am finding some projects which i can trust its long mid term to long term roi. This announcement is so great and in timing for me.

Agree. I am very happy that team shows us their progress regulary. Hope the PRL price will recover soon
pumz

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:39:37 AM

Oyster team is coming out with very good updates in development which need to more explanation as reader automatically can judge the project based on the work. This is true we are caught in a phase where markets are tumbled but this isn't the end. Oyster team is doing work without caring of the price or response which comes immediate and is temporary.
Astrilian

Activity: 350
Merit: 112

Ecosystem for Fundraising DAOs — ICOs 2.0

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:18:10 PM

Oyster team is coming out with very good updates in development which need to more explanation as reader automatically can judge the project based on the work. This is true we are caught in a phase where markets are tumbled but this isn't the end. Oyster team is doing work without caring of the price or response which comes immediate and is temporary.

The Oyster team is different from any other team I am observing, they have an incredible dedication and passion for what they are doing. And most importantly, they are not about talking but delivering. Almost any roadmap has been met with laser precision. There were some slight delays with the main net but that was rather due to IOTA not being ready and so the team had to improvise and find a workaround. And they did in a remarkable period of time. I life my hat for what they have achieved so far and the price is just a reflection how absurd this market can seem, not at all is it just to the project and stage they are in.

ToTheMoon_XOM9IK

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 05:32:53 PM

Oyster $PRL is scheduled to be listed on BitForex! Trading will open at 11am HKT, June 26th, 2018 (11PM EST, June 26th, 2018). Initial pairing will be PRL/USDT, with PRL/ETH to be implemented soon after.

Wink
ToTheMoon_XOM9IK

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 05:54:34 PM

Bill Cordes:

As a heads-up, this is not the exchange I alluded to last week
So there's another Top 20 still in the works

Wink
dishku
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:26:21 PM

We are getting nice chances to pick this token at cheap price even development progress is very impressive. This is good news soon another exchange will open this market this is nice job done by dev. I hope this project will get more success.
tientien6

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:22:35 PM

Also, looking at facts, BitForex is 16th out of top 20. That means there are only four other options between 17th and 20th, and 15 other options between 15th and 1st. Probability is much higher for the latter option.
andiagung

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:22:46 PM

I think that's not what this is about to be honest. That was more for you guys, so you all know - That's not what he was talking about before.
seccessful

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:23:14 PM

I don't see why! It would only narrow things down to top 15. But by default, it's clear to see he is more excited about the other top 20 as that is the one he teased about.
yourcatsofat

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:10:12 AM

The addition of PRL on other exchange is very good for all. We need more good exchanges to increase volume and to make the price move
barnes13

Activity: 1274
Merit: 521

7enius - Your Cryptocurrency Marketing Consultant

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 05:57:39 AM

Oyster $PRL is scheduled to be listed on BitForex! Trading will open at 11am HKT, June 26th, 2018 (11PM EST, June 26th, 2018). Initial pairing will be PRL/USDT, with PRL/ETH to be implemented soon after.

Wink
Today PRL Price up 15% good enough with current market conditions, maybe news that PRL listed on BitForex makes trader see the opportunity about this Token.
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 »
  Print  

Jump to: