Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:03:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Liqui - withdrawals "out of gas" + zero help from the support (FUNDS MISSING)  (Read 1383 times)
Mirb (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:13:02 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2017, 10:38:49 AM by Mirb

It seems like experiences with Liqui have shifted towards more positive nowadays. I'm glad to see many claim to have used it without any problems. Unfortunately this is not the case for me. Let this be constructive criticism (and perhaps a modest rant), which I hope catches the attention of Liqui's staff. For the rest of you, I hope this serves as a warning as I ended up being yet another with funds missing in Liqui.

As my intention is to not only rant, but share my overall experience, let's start with the good stuff first.

+ Clean layout
+ Smooth, easy trading, similar to Etherdelta but a lot faster
+ Clear charts
+ Fast deposits, no problems whatsoever (although it seems like this is not the case for everyone)
+ No withdrawal/deposit limitations
+ No verification needed
+ Great variety of tokens
+ New listings consistently (some very fresh ones as well)

These are the things I really like about Liqui. Everything above works nice and smooth. However, now on to the part that was not so pleasant and pretty much ruined the experience that was good so far.

Like for many others, my problems too started with withdrawals. I do have to admit I should have made a small withdrawal as a test first (I tried later with smaller amount, worked just fine), but nevertheless, here's what happened:

1. Transferred 3.37 ETH to Bittrex
2. Withdrawal processing, goes through
3. Transaction runs out of gas (Weird, as I have never had this before on other exchanges)

Anyway, usually it's not a big deal, but in Liqui it might be a very big deal. Instead of my funds returning back to my wallet, they're stuck somewhere, most likely in Liqui's wallet that processes the transactions. All this would have been fine if the issue was solved at least within 24 hours, but unfortunately it wasn't. Here's what I did:

1. Submitted a ticket 7 days ago - no reply
2. Contacted them on Telegram the same day, told about my issue, message was seen. No reply.
3. Contacted them on Telegram again after 1 day, again my message was seen but not replied to.
4. Contacted them on Telegram 2 days after the previous attempt, asking for even a mere reply, again, seen & no reply.
5. Tweeted them the same day, no reply (Publically, they have turned their DM's off)
6. Emailed their support 2 day ago, no reply.

Liqui claim their response time is usually within 72 hours. Yet, after 7 days, my funds have not returned to my Liqui wallet, nor the destination wallet and I haven't got a response in any form. Thus, I highly doubt the accuracy of the 72 hour estimate, referring to my experience and the fact that their tweets receive tons of comments asking for them to review 1 month old tickets. There's quite many people here/on other platforms as well stating they received a response anywhere from 1 week to 1 month or not at all. Also, straight out ignoring 4 messages in a row to me seems quite rude, they could've at least replied something like "We'll get to it as soon as possible". This way I'd at least know they're present.

Everyday of funds being stuck equals to missed trades and potentially losing money. It's also near the end of the month, what if one's ability to pay rent was up to the missing funds? With zero help from their end, it's unacceptable.

Seems like many others have been experiencing similar "out of gas" problems with withdrawals:

Has anyone received any support from Liqui lately? It seems like they have been just ignoring everyone's ticket in the past month and aren't looking to help at all.

I recently sent 4 ETH from Liqui and got a transaction error that is is out of gas and the transaction was cancelled. The ETH should be back in Liqui's balance but they aren't crediting me back similar to your situation.

Ticket number #13159

https://etherscan.io/tx/0xc786796b23cf4d9d7659ec554386ef91c695ca0f1deb581535d4267a065ee95d

Withdrew some eth from liqui last sunday and the transaction didnt go through due to an "out of gas" error. I didnt receive the ETH back on my liqui account, I have tried contacting their support countless times but they do not even reply to me. Still waiting for my ETH but havent received anything yet. I can see my transaction on etherscan and it says cancelled so I should be getting my ETH back.

This is completely unacceptable from an exchange, I know of many other people that have had issues with them and they have behaved in the same way.

Anyone know of any ways that I can reach out to these scammers? Disgusting.

Just want to know how much time do they take for failed transactions to arrive back to our wallet which went out of gas while sending from liqui exchange.I already created tickets for this and the turnaround time is 72 hours.Hope my withdrawal does not get delayed for some days.

My case:
https://etherscan.io/tx/0x061d59fa1aa6b803fa9c561e874d8fe0b88215757ca5705d06712d4354a97633
Ticket: #13153

If anyone here has been going through similar issues (or any other issues) with Liqui, please feel free to share them here. Also, if possible, send the link of this post to Liqui:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/liqui_exchange
Email: hi@liqui.io/support@liqui.io
Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=842080

Perhaps we can make them do something about this.

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinsforall

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:59:18 AM

I too have suffered this out of gas problem from liqui and been waiting for more than 5 days now for the ETH to be restored back to my account.I believe we need to wait for a few days and if we don't receive a response need to start a scam report against liqui, so many people stop using their exchange.
Mirb (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:42:18 AM

I too have suffered this out of gas problem from liqui and been waiting for more than 5 days now for the ETH to be restored back to my account.I believe we need to wait for a few days and if we don't receive a response need to start a scam report against liqui, so many people stop using their exchange.

Yeah, I hope they're just very slow. I've seen people asking for Ukrainian lawyers etc, they really need to pull their act together and show they're not scammers before someone takes action. Out of curiosity, did you happen to withdraw to Bittrex/other exchange?
bitcoinsforall

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:21:55 AM

Yeah, I hope they're just very slow. I've seen people asking for Ukrainian lawyers etc, they really need to pull their act together and show they're not scammers before someone takes action. Out of curiosity, did you happen to withdraw to Bittrex/other exchange?

Bittrex and some to my wallet.
Mirb (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:47:46 PM

And both ran out of gas?
Masonmano

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:55:37 PM

And both ran out of gas?

I tested two scenarios when I sent from Liqui to Bittrex wallet. First transfer was 4 ETH which ran out of gas, the second was a transfer of 0.01 ETH which went through fine. It seems sketchy that if you do a larger transfer then Liqui's transfer will be "Out of Gas" but a smaller one will work.

Maybe there's a threshold built in for them to allow transaction to be out of gas so they can pocket it in their balance. At this point the problem should be known to them and yet they are completely silent it. If you bring it up in the trollbox they will ban you as well. I've received a generic answer from BitcoinFan, the moderator of the troll box and he just says "There is no problem to answer, only problem solve" and I don't know wtf that means. The mod just says to open a ticket and wait for a reply giving no further details if support is even actually working on the issue.

Every day this exchange is looking more and more like a scam the longer they stay silent. They continue to list coins and ignore all their complaints from their users when they clearly read it.

I would love to see all of them end up in jail for this fraud. I will retract my statement if the team clears up this mess.
Mirb (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:22:43 PM

And both ran out of gas?

I tested two scenarios when I sent from Liqui to Bittrex wallet. First transfer was 4 ETH which ran out of gas, the second was a transfer of 0.01 ETH which went through fine. It seems sketchy that if you do a larger transfer then Liqui's transfer will be "Out of Gas" but a smaller one will work.

Maybe there's a threshold built in for them to allow transaction to be out of gas so they can pocket it in their balance. At this point the problem should be known to them and yet they are completely silent it. If you bring it up in the trollbox they will ban you as well. I've received a generic answer from BitcoinFan, the moderator of the troll box and he just says "There is no problem to answer, only problem solve" and I don't know wtf that means. The mod just says to open a ticket and wait for a reply giving no further details if support is even actually working on the issue.

Every day this exchange is looking more and more like a scam the longer they stay silent. They continue to list coins and ignore all their complaints from their users when they clearly read it.

I would love to see all of them end up in jail for this fraud. I will retract my statement if the team clears up this mess.

Same here. Smaller withdrawal worked just fine. It seems sketchy indeed, I truly hope this is just slow customer service, not a scam. How long have you waited with your ticket? 8 days and counting here.
Joss.

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:26:20 PM

My withdrawal also ran out of gas. I sent a ticket 8 days ago, still no answer.

This is really frustrating and i hope people will actually realize how shady they are and stop using their exchange.
Masonmano

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:38:17 PM

About 8 days as well. Looks like the problem just started happening a week ago. I hope no one else is getting screwed over with their withdrawls. I don't think it's looking good for us though. 8 days for a simple fix is completely unreasonable.
Mirb (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:06:55 PM

About 8 days as well. Looks like the problem just started happening a week ago. I hope no one else is getting screwed over with their withdrawls. I don't think it's looking good for us though. 8 days for a simple fix is completely unreasonable.

No doubt it's unreasonable. I don't see either how it is possible to take over a week for something like this to get fixed. Liqui is known to be slow though, I wouldn't throw in the towel yet.
waltonfrog

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:27:36 AM

Been over 10 days now and several tickets sent, no reply. I am currently looking into legal avenues
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:36:05 AM

Looks like that everyone right now is having problems with liqui. I have no idea why the hell they are listing new coins every single week but not resolving past support tickets - people are saying that there has been no support since the end of August.
Been over 10 days now and several tickets sent, no reply. I am currently looking into legal avenues

It's definitely Liqui's fault, and if you have the means to launch legal action then by all means go for it. Idon't think that they are going to start answering tickets any time soon.

bitcoinsforall

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:37:22 AM

And both ran out of gas?

Yes..both were more than 3 ETH. And if you try to withdrawn other tokens it works smooth..Like SNM,taas.
waltonfrog

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:19:40 PM

Did any of you guys get your money back yet? I dont understand how they have the time to tweet about bullshit but no time to give back the thousands that they are stealing. I am in talks with a couple lawyers I dont care how much I need to spend Im gonna chase them down on principle
Masonmano

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:44:28 PM

Did any of you guys get your money back yet? I dont understand how they have the time to tweet about bullshit but no time to give back the thousands that they are stealing. I am in talks with a couple lawyers I dont care how much I need to spend Im gonna chase them down on principle

Keep us updated please. I don't think anyone who had the out of gas error received the funds back. This is looking like fraud more and more each day the longer they keep silent. I hope actions can be taken on them really soon.
Mirb (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:42:28 PM

No money, no response. 11 days and counting. Please share how it goes and feel free to PM me about details!
Mirb (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:52:55 PM

Keep us updated please. I don't think anyone who had the out of gas error received the funds back. This is looking like fraud more and more each day the longer they keep silent. I hope actions can be taken on them really soon.

One guy in a slack group told me he had out of gas with 20 ETH and made a ticket, he never got replied but received the ETH to the destination wallet in about 24 hours. So there’s hope I guess. Not looking good for us though so far.
Masonmano

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:45:05 PM

One guy in a slack group told me he had out of gas with 20 ETH and made a ticket, he never got replied but received the ETH to the destination wallet in about 24 hours. So there’s hope I guess. Not looking good for us though so far.

Do you know if this was recently or a long time ago?
davidonga

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 10:02:23 AM

I have been dealing with this issue for 11 days now (ticket #13168). Since then, I've cut them several tickets, but have received no response. Anyone who is using this exchange is at serious risk of losing their coins if Liqui.io support keeps this up. I hope that I can get my eth back soon.
Mirb (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 11:01:48 AM

Do you know if this was recently or a long time ago?

This happened the same day it happened to me, 11 days ago.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: