Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:35:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The trick of the Whales  (Read 2274 times)
Lucacrebbe (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:30:39 PM

Have you noticed  that there are  some  valuable coins  that  keep on staying ''under the radar'' at ridicoulous prices?

That's impossible....  but  in some cases    I think the  big players  with big money manipulate the price of these coins  to keep  them as  low as they can

There are some other coins  very valuable which  stay at the same price.... we can think about  ETHereum...  evryone know it was  a big potential coin, but  the last year  in this period  it  was 13 $ and   staied in this price for a lot, before TO EXPLODE

The  boom  for some coin is at the corner...    I think that  some coins that are valuable  but  keep on stay underpriced, are manypulted by whales

There is the trick of  sell/buy wall  that  an experienced  trader would known....basically the whales  put   a big order  at buy (increasing the buy demand)  and  then delete  their order, making the price fall, and keeping it  ''stable''

SO my  touhght  is::  LOOK THE  DAILY -WEEKLY ORDER BOOK AT THE EXANGES..... if  YOU SEE BIG ORDERS  WHICH SUDDENLY DISAPPEAR  ON A  valuable coin  THIS is  the signal that The whales  are keeping the price  low  to accumulate,  because they know  there is HIGH CHANCEs  that  that  coin will be very valuable in the future

This my personal teory, not  applicable on all coins, because it works  also as ''pump and dump'' with  shitcoins...so  not  only  for  ''valuable coins''

What  do you think about it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aceptamosbitcoin

Activity: 981
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:29:54 AM

Yes, I was thinking the same. Because most of the coins could be easily manipulated with small-mid amount of money.
Reentry I was trading on 2 ICOs and cannot other explanation of courses expept manipulation.
The first is OPT where the price starts increasing when bounty hunters dropped over half of their coins?! And before that was to incredibly low.
The second one is TFL which is one of the few projects with a real working product but the prices are 2-4 under the ICO.
coastbank

Activity: 238

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:33:43 AM

They are also manipulating prices with bots. Some bots basically behave after macd and rsi so you can't see all those sell orders coming all at one time. It makes you panic sell your coins and their buy orders were reserved there waiting to get your cheap coins.

trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:45:06 PM

I also remembered that period when ethereum was about 13$ at start of this year. I was shocked about it. So many ICO and price like this? And then it RISED UP!!!

And now actually I again thinking that ethereum will have again some explosion. Maybe till 1000$. Let's see. You can see SO MANY ICO on ethereum!
MatrixMining

Activity: 169

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:40:44 PM

You are probably right. Actually I see such behavior now with the Mysterium network token (MYST). The typical daily volume is about 15 BTC, but there are 5-15 BTC walls appearing and disappearing all the time. Also when the price moves away from some range, sometime there is sudden 50-100 BTC spike in the trading volume. It all looks suspicious, exactly like a whale filling their pockets at low prices.
Lucacrebbe (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:53:15 PM

You are probably right. Actually I see such behavior now with the Mysterium network token (MYST). The typical daily volume is about 15 BTC, but there are 5-15 BTC walls appearing and disappearing all the time. Also when the price moves away from some range, sometime there is sudden 50-100 BTC spike in the trading volume. It all looks suspicious, exactly like a whale filling their pockets at low prices.

On which exange?
Does  it  happen more or less  on a dayily  basis?  
If  yes, probably are trying to stabylizing the price  for  a while , accumulating cheap before a  big  pump...

MatrixMining

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:08:26 PM

On which exange?
Does  it  happen more or less  on a dayily  basis?  
If  yes, probably are trying to stabylizing the price  for  a while , accumulating cheap before a  big  pump...

Yes, it is on a daily basis, on the Bittrex exchange. I also think that they are trying to accumulate at cheap prices. Also what is in favor of this scenario is the fact that the price was declining for some weeks, then it suddenly stabilized and this weird behavior appeared.
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:13:55 PM

ETH was below $13 at beginning of the year but pretty much crypto was dirt cheap at that time.
Most of the cryptos were trading for mere pennies. Agree that whales do use tricks to accumulate cheap
and dump at the highs.
Lucacrebbe (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:21:41 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2017, 04:32:22 PM by Lucacrebbe

ETH was below $13 at beginning of the year but pretty much crypto was dirt cheap at that time.
Most of the cryptos were trading for mere pennies. Agree that whales do use tricks to accumulate cheap
and dump at the highs.

ETH  was  a promising coin.

I remmeber I was  on a totally  different  web site related  to tecnology and  I asked  a  member ''what do you think about investment''

He said me:  ''invest in ETH''...but I  didn't  because I was knew about  trading

I was  new  to cripto trading,  but I remember his  words ...  it was september of   the  last year

Basically  everyone knew   Eth  would  be exploded, it  was  only matter of time..... that's my idea, I don't  know  if there was some  others Eth competitors, anyway I have my idea Eth  was  the best  candidate  and  from that it  was  only a matter of  time  before  the  boom that we all know.

All  the time at 13,  at 20 $  was  only accumulating time...  accumulating time

Now  there are so many coins and  the market  is  more saturated  compared to  the last year.... but  my advice is:  if you think you have found a ''gem''  with a real case of use, don't dump it  just because  you see  the price is stable for months. Believe in the project, if  the dev team is good

Lucacrebbe (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:33:50 PM

Yes, it is on a daily basis, on the Bittrex exchange. I also think that they are trying to accumulate at cheap prices. Also what is in favor of this scenario is the fact that the price was declining for some weeks, then it suddenly stabilized and this weird behavior appeared.

I like  the idea of a  decentralized  VPN,  but  don't you think that  Tor  already solves this problem?

MatrixMining

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:44:13 PM

I like  the idea of a  decentralized  VPN,  but  don't you think that  Tor  already solves this problem?

Security wise probably yes, but it's very slow because the nodes are not paid for providing the service. In Myst the nodes will be paid for providing their bandwidth, so it should be much faster and with many more nodes.
Lucacrebbe (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:56:06 PM

Security wise probably yes, but it's very slow because the nodes are not paid for providing the service. In Myst the nodes will be paid for providing their bandwidth, so it should be much faster and with many more nodes.

I do not think tor  is more   ''secure'' compared to a  decentralized vpn, maybe i am  wrong
rezurect

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:14:30 PM

I also remembered that period when ethereum was about 13$ at start of this year. I was shocked about it. So many ICO and price like this? And then it RISED UP!!!

And now actually I again thinking that ethereum will have again some explosion. Maybe till 1000$. Let's see. You can see SO MANY ICO on ethereum!

All the ico's should in terms mean a lot of dumping eth to gather fiat or btc for these ico companies.
McWorse

Activity: 618
Merit: 292

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:40:55 PM

In my opinion the rise of ETH was a sign of the first step in the direction of mass adoption. I started my way into the cryptomarket because of ETH. I heard from it in march. I knew at this time, what BTC is. But I didn't knew about all these alts. By chance I read an article about ETH. And I have to tell, that I was not really interested in these kind of technology, it was outside my world - until I heard from ETH. I remembered the rise of BTC, saw my chance and stepped in immediately.
All in all:
A noob like my got to know and grabbed his chance.
And I think, there are thousands upon thousands like me out there, because it was the time for it - and the long bullish run begun.

YOU CAN'T EAT BLOCKCHAINS!

... better enjoy some Yummy Recipes!
Lucacrebbe (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:49:12 PM

I  think  the new Eths  of  nowdays  are the decentralized exange.  They  will  boom, but  who knows  which one...   0x, bitshares, waves  .. there are so many

IN my opinion waves is not  a  real decentralized exange  because on the DEX  you can exange only a few coins and  custom tokens (which  none  cares about it)
Anyway I thin decentralized  exange  are the new  boom

rayk

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 06:09:07 PM

If few whale hold huge proportion of coins, it is very easy for them to speculate coins. Personal contribution limits in ICO is to get rid of such whales. It is not good for coins only good for whales.
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:09:43 PM

Have you noticed  that there are  some  valuable coins  that  keep on staying ''under the radar'' at ridicoulous prices?

That's impossible....  but  in some cases    I think the  big players  with big money manipulate the price of these coins  to keep  them as  low as they can

There are some other coins  very valuable which  stay at the same price.... we can think about  ETHereum...  evryone know it was  a big potential coin, but  the last year  in this period  it  was 13 $ and   staied in this price for a lot, before TO EXPLODE

The  boom  for some coin is at the corner...    I think that  some coins that are valuable  but  keep on stay underpriced, are manypulted by whales

There is the trick of  sell/buy wall  that  an experienced  trader would known....basically the whales  put   a big order  at buy (increasing the buy demand)  and  then delete  their order, making the price fall, and keeping it  ''stable''

SO my  touhght  is::  LOOK THE  DAILY -WEEKLY ORDER BOOK AT THE EXANGES..... if  YOU SEE BIG ORDERS  WHICH SUDDENLY DISAPPEAR  ON A  valuable coin  THIS is  the signal that The whales  are keeping the price  low  to accumulate,  because they know  there is HIGH CHANCEs  that  that  coin will be very valuable in the future

This my personal teory, not  applicable on all coins, because it works  also as ''pump and dump'' with  shitcoins...so  not  only  for  ''valuable coins''

What  do you think about it?

yes, I agree with you. When lot of normal traders thought that the coin will not increase any more and sell the coin, then the whales start buying it and the coin value goes up. It have happened several time before. Maybe some thing similar is going to happen with the dogecoin also. People have almost no faith in it and it keep deeping down maybe time for the big whales .

cryptoed

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:10:24 PM

almost all markets are manipulated by whales
thompshma

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:20:42 PM

I was watching it happen yesterday with Ardor There was a 100btc wall that stopped the upwards trend and send everything down %10

They have been doing it with LBRY for months now.
taibas

Activity: 546
Merit: 254

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:28:01 PM

The danger that the whales have, when the price is on their way to the moon, they have only to put the graph down

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"