Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:08:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PoS] BitcoinStake - 100% Free Airdrop Distribution  (Read 47926 times)
neo_rambo

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:02:59 AM

This really sucks, I'm a newbie but have been lurking these boards for a long time. I've been following Cryptocurrencies since 2007. The dev Elimated me even though you can see my wallet staking with nothing in it. I'm in this for the long haul. I've supported and kept all my SIGT after POS after everyone who wanted to be a quick millionaire dumped SIGT. I'm supporting Semux currently been with them supporting them since Day 1. I'm really excited for BitcoinStake. I would just love to start with a few coins so I can stake as well. I would really appreciate it.

B5RnKAgwCzcQ5vyi4MuDQGpgMtykubLWSi

What Cryptocurrency were you following back in 2007? Just wondering since Bitcoin wasn't released until 2008.

I was reading about Bitcoin in 2009 when I was in grad school, my bad
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:05:05 AM

Received my Airdrop! Cheesy thank you very much! Is it safe to stake it? Will it not expose my private keys?
bitcoinstake (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:07:37 AM

Received my Airdrop! Cheesy thank you very much! Is it safe to stake it? Will it not expose my private keys?

No, staking does not expose your private keys.  Just open your wallet and leave the wallet open.  hold for at least 100 blocks, and coins will stake.
neo_rambo

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:11:59 AM

This really sucks, I'm a newbie but have been lurking these boards for a long time. I've been following Cryptocurrencies since 2007. The dev Elimated me even though you can see my wallet staking with nothing in it. I'm in this for the long haul. I've supported and kept all my SIGT after POS after everyone who wanted to be a quick millionaire dumped SIGT. I'm supporting Semux currently been with them supporting them since Day 1. I'm really excited for BitcoinStake. I would just love to start with a few coins so I can stake as well. I would really appreciate it.

BTW, get active and in a month you will be a junior member, in 2 you will be a member and then you will be able to participate in many of these.

GO!

Thank you The Banker, I really didn't want to spam the forum to get my level up. I know that this airdrop will be over before I get my level up legitimately. I was really watching all this back in 2009, my bad. While in graduate school I had many options to buy or try to mine bitcoin as my friends did back then. they even offered me 100 bitcoins for $275 paypal. I didn't pull the trigger. Wish I really knew what I know today. One of my friends/classmates obviously doesn't even have work because he enjoys the fruits of what he did back then.
bitcoinstake (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:16:19 AM

BTW, get active and in a month you will be a junior member, in 2 you will be a member and then you will be able to participate in many of these.

GO!

Thank you The Banker, I really didn't want to spam the forum to get my level up. I know that this airdrop will be over before I get my level up legitimately. I was really watching all this back in 2009 while in graduate school I had many options to mine and mine bitcoin as my friends did back then. they even offered me 100 bitcoins for $275 paypal. I didn't pull the trigger. Wish I really knew what I know today 2 of my friends obviously don't even work and enjoy what they did then.

There are still bounties available for you to get, if you really want the coins.  Bitcointalk accounts are not the only way to get the coins.
ranman09

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:17:28 AM

No, staking does not expose your private keys.  Just open your wallet and leave the wallet open.  hold for at least 100 blocks, and coins will stake.

Great! Thanks! Does it heats your computer??
vsrsatish

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:24:02 AM

Received Airdrop, Thank you Devs.
neo_rambo

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:26:18 AM

GO!

Thank you The Banker, I really didn't want to spam the forum to get my level up. I know that this airdrop will be over before I get my level up legitimately. I was really watching all this back in 2009 while in graduate school I had many options to mine and mine bitcoin as my friends did back then. they even offered me 100 bitcoins for $275 paypal. I didn't pull the trigger. Wish I really knew what I know today 2 of my friends obviously don't even work and enjoy what they did then.

There are still bounties available for you to get, if you really want the coins.  Bitcointalk accounts are not the only way to get the coins.
I only have this one account and it's this account. I can help with this dev, I'm a designer who can help with branding and your website work. I've been helping Semux by keeping my wallet on 24/7 connected and having discussions via discord. In all fairness, I can see how people would start new accounts to cheat the system. But I'm truly not one of them how can I prove it to you? https://imgur.com/a/BX9UE
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:28:24 AM

So far, my wallet is only using a little bit of the CPU. So it is not heating it up by much. Proof of stake is less electricity intensive than proof of work. As with any software that you download from the internet, there is a chance the program may contain a trojan. You may want to run it under sandboxie or a linux virtual machine. Also, if you have bitcoin or some other high value coin stored on a "hot" computer, you may want to consider using a hardware wallet or paper wallet, instead. Furthermore, always use a password manager. Makes it harder for keyloggers.
suhartatik

Activity: 85

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:36:54 AM

finished sending my address via PM
deniy

Activity: 93

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:42:30 AM

done ,., joined
am i welcome? even though my rank is just newbie Huh?
ranman09

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:49:25 AM

So far, my wallet is only using a little bit of the CPU. So it is not heating it up by much. Proof of stake is less electricity intensive than proof of work. As with any software that you download from the internet, there is a chance the program may contain a trojan. You may want to run it under sandboxie or a linux virtual machine. Also, if you have bitcoin or some other high value coin stored on a "hot" computer, you may want to consider using a hardware wallet or paper wallet, instead. Furthermore, always use a password manager. Makes it harder for keyloggers.

Hi you mean run the staking via a Virtual machine? Thank you for the idea to use a password manager Cheesy I wanted to use Keeppass do you think its safe enough?
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:53:06 AM

Hi you mean run the staking via a Virtual machine? Thank you for the idea to use a password manager Cheesy I wanted to use Keeppass do you think its safe enough?

I use Keepass myself. Very happy with it so far. And yes, I mean running the staking under a VM like Oracle VM VirtualBox.(If you a running Windows.)
bitcoinstake (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:58:30 AM

BitcoinStake Whitepaper published!
SyrioForElle

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:00:31 AM

for those people who say "get this and this and this done like this looking like this...."

instead of talking, you can contribute and get it done.

don't gotta be vague, you can just call me out...

Look, if you want to pay someone to change the font on the Ann and restructure it a little, cool.  My whole thing was, don't give that person 100k bcs, give him say 10k BCS and reserve the difference for future endeavors.  Maybe I'm overvaluing the potential value of bcs.

constructive criticism is RARELY well received on this forum and it shouldn't be like that.  Check my post history, I don't go around just spreading FUD regularly for no reason.

ETHD, a recent coin that's doing well via airdrop put out some great stuff on behalf of their coin, then they put out a whitepaper that was comically bad.  The thread proceeded to DESTROY the whitepaper thereafter.  Cool thing about ETHD though, they didn't complain about the comments people made, they listened and decided to rework the whitepaper and are set to re-release it.  It's probably not what they wanted to do, but this is what you sign up for when you create a crypto.  In the end, that choice will positively impact that project.

The problem with airdrops is that they're packed with yes men and fake love.  Everyone's scared to go against the grain because they don't want to say anything that will DQ them from the airdrop.  You gotta ask yourself though, what means more to you, everyone saying yes and giving you that fake love, or someone that will do the uncomfy thing and point out shortcomings here and there?

This coming from someone that didn't just take the airdrop handout.  I'm grateful for what you airdropped me, but that airdrop amount was like skittles in comparison to what I've added.  

Suggestions and feedback are always welcomed.

Getting things launched and quick execution to market is very important.  All these things can always be improved and re-iterated.

Being the first (website, ann, block explorer, etc) up and running is priority.

There's always time later to get it "perfect".

If you want things changed/revised, there are the contacts on front page of ANN...and they will gladly listen to your suggestions.

for the ANN, this is a newbie account, and images does not display until jr. account, and we do have the graphics already made.

As for the award amounts, you don't need to worry about how I budget the coins, let me handle that.

To echo this point - I worked on the website - I'm continuing to iterate on it. Any suggestions are appreciated  Smiley

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!

Please only speculate money you can afford to lose
dunedainbob

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:01:31 AM

Hope you guys like the whitepaper!  It's just v1, I intend to keep it updated.  Open to suggestions for improving it!  Let's show the power of community!

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
ranman09

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:05:34 AM

I use Keepass myself. Very happy with it so far. And yes, I mean running the staking under a VM like Oracle VM VirtualBox.(If you a running Windows.)

Wow thats great! thank you! Now, Ive made my wallet in a windows machine open to the internet but yes with Firewall turned on. You my wallet.dat is safe? I like to keep BitcoinStake for long Cheesy
ranman09

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:06:02 AM

Will there be more bounty to earn some more Bitcoin Stake coins? Cheesy
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:09:46 AM

Wow thats great! thank you! Now, Ive made my wallet in a windows machine open to the internet but yes with Firewall turned on. You my wallet.dat is safe? I like to keep BitcoinStake for long Cheesy

Encrypt your wallet and use a password generated from Keepass. Don't forget to backup you keepass database. That should keep your private keys safe. You can unlock you wallet for staking only.
baoson123

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:10:07 AM

Newbie has too little coin compared to the other levels  Huh
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: