Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 10:41:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BAMT and other mining alternatives. (Question)  (Read 454 times)
TremorAcePV (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:45:09 AM

Hey everyone,

I've been mining for a few months now (6870), and I've been using BAMT (Linux based OS built explicitly for headless dedicated miners that is very old and very unsupported) the whole time. The reason is because every attempt (10+) at installing the correct drivers+SDK on ubuntu and other Linux OS's failed and resulted in the OS being broken forcing me to re-install. I tried multiple combinations of multiple versions following many guides some exclusively, but after that didn't work, I started putting multiple ones together.

BAMT worked out of the box, so to speak, once I figured out how to set up my pool settings and configure my GPU.

Now, after a reset, my miner won't mine. I'm on Slush's pool and 50BTC(fallback pool) but none of it will connect, neither api nor stratum. No settings have changed either. Before my computer reset, everything was fine. 

I'm looking for an alternative to BAMT, which is horribly out-dated, that will work as effectively as it has up to this point. Installing drivers and such is something I apparently fail at doing. Help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tremor.
jhk753

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 06:13:44 AM

try xubuntu + for the drivers following this thread post #11 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=165490.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: