Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:09:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC/ETH Wallet hacked ($550k) stolen  (Read 3470 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:18:06 PM

IDK but i think that 2FA is enough, not? When i have phone verification there is no way how to hack me...anyone disagree?
What are you talking about,2fa Ether wallet  Roll Eyes, i am really sorry to hear about your loss,this is the biggest theft in recent history that i know off and i am not sure how you are going to get those back,hope the hacker makes a move that could identify him and get back your coins,$550k is a hell lot of money and the wifi you used must be the issue here.

Every week there are people losing money due to a wallet hack or exchanges getting hacked, ranging from thousands to millions of dollars getting stolen.
This is a big loss, but certainly not uncommon in crypto.

Wyre08

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:31:30 AM

Wow I didn't realize mobile number switching was such a big problem. That's a little scary and makes me consider calling and trying to get more security on my account.
banhmycoin

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:46:18 AM

anyone tell me how wallet hacked ?

if you have 2FA security i believe you are safe , Sorry to hear that you lost your money.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2870
Merit: 657

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:25:02 PM

IDK but i think that 2FA is enough, not? When i have phone verification there is no way how to hack me...anyone disagree?
What are you talking about,2fa Ether wallet  Roll Eyes, i am really sorry to hear about your loss,this is the biggest theft in recent history that i know off and i am not sure how you are going to get those back,hope the hacker makes a move that could identify him and get back your coins,$550k is a hell lot of money and the wifi you used must be the issue here.

Every week there are people losing money due to a wallet hack or exchanges getting hacked, ranging from thousands to millions of dollars getting stolen.
This is a big loss, but certainly not uncommon in crypto.

Anything that would pass to the cloud would really have always the risk of getting hacked.Eyes of those criminals are always there just waiting up for their prey which they can able to stole funds this is why we should really be wary on our holding specially on the money we are keeping.Checking on the situation of op those funds cant really be recovered.Once transfered it cant be reversed.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1044
Merit: 1000

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 06:28:45 PM

Ouch. Sorry to hear the news. It is never fun to lose coins in that manner. Happened to me a few years ago also. Have been paranoid-cautious ever since. Hope you can gain some semblance of it back.

-Mistercoin

Ariess

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:34:22 PM

wow
it shocks such a large sum of money. I am very concerned about you,
hopefully you can solve the problem. I think you should find out your funds are lost and sent where.
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:12:03 PM

Thats some serious money ! Sorry for your loss...seems people are getting sophisticated thanks to the blockchain technology and wanting to get rich fast. hope you find a way to cover the loss
radeone

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 07:29:23 PM

i do not use my phone for anything and everything i have is 2fa. i almost never view http sites and if i do i take proper precautions using a no cookie browser. most attacks arent actual malware on your computer but from the networks you view your accounts. when i do view my exchange accounts through my phone i use api keys that are limited to trading on that exchange. all my password are pseudo generated and so long i couldn't tell you what they are. remember when dealing with a big chunk of capital that you need to take all the precautions necessary and the more capital you have the more of a target you have on your back. good luck.

ICO IS NOW LIVE    ▐┃▌    1WORLD ONLINE    ▐┃▌    WHITEPAPER
✣ ✣ ✣ ┃ Revolutionizing ONLINE MEDIA with BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY and incentives for AUDIENCE ENGAGEMENT™ ┃ ✣ ✣ ✣
ANN \ / TELEGRAM \ / FACEBOOK \ / WHATSAPP \ / TWITTER \ / KAKAOTALK
MsCollec (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:59:54 AM

Thanks everyone for your concern. The purpose of this thread is to publicly appeal to the hacker to return back my funds. Failure to return the coins will brings calamity into your life.
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968

einc.io

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:38:18 AM

I'm really sorry to hear about so much loss. But I suppose hacker won't even see this topic Angry

CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:51:02 AM

This is terrible, I am really sorry. I wish there can be something done about these theives who just want to take other peoples hard earned money. I dtont think theres anything that can be done. In future,please DONT keep your coins on a desktop or mobile wallet. Invelst in a Ledger nano S. Amounts more than $5k must go to a hard wallet. I hope the hacker will have mercy and return the funds. Maybe be you should write in local papers as well. Where were you tavelling?
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1043

HODL

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:47:52 AM

It's pity to hear that. You should always use VPN with unfamiliar WiFi. And even with your own!

MsCollec (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:58:16 AM

I'm really sorry to hear about so much loss. But I suppose hacker won't even see this topic Angry

I'm hoping he/they will google the address and they will see this thread. I'm going to leave comment on the block explorer too

https://etherscan.io/address/0x33455fd51b59852e6f80514169517a35588c2a0c#comments
MsCollec (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:59:00 AM

This is terrible, I am really sorry. I wish there can be something done about these theives who just want to take other peoples hard earned money. I dtont think theres anything that can be done. In future,please DONT keep your coins on a desktop or mobile wallet. Invelst in a Ledger nano S. Amounts more than $5k must go to a hard wallet. I hope the hacker will have mercy and return the funds. Maybe be you should write in local papers as well. Where were you tavelling?

Dallas / Fort Worth, TX USA
DFW Airport
MsCollec (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:04:18 AM

2 days before the hack while i was still in US, my brother sent me message that he dreamt that I told him I was hacked and lost 20 BTC. Unfortunately, I just focused on company's bitcoin wallet and changed all credentials.

You should see how sad he was when i sent him a text that i was hacked. 
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:14:58 AM

This is one of the risk of investing into cryptocurrencies and this is a very big learn that we need to put security first there is no need to investing or holding a token if we can't secure them. Sorry for your loss. Can you send through your ethereum address I can send some tips to you
onyebuchi81

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:30:52 AM

Sorry for ur lose bro.although I sympathy with u I also would like to point out u where also careless. U never actually told us which wallets u stored those coins in.were they in an excange,web,offline wallet.?did u have 2 factor authentication through sms or Google authenticator enabled, did u check ur wifi history at the time the coins were transferred from ur wallet.we have to know these things to try figure out what happen.even though it wont bring ur coins back but it will serve as an awareness or case study so some of us can learn from ur mistake and be more careful in the future
Triwnis

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:20:39 AM

Today hackers can easily steal your money if you are on a public wifi you can use your 4g or your home wifi to be safer. I never use public wifi i always use my 4g internet, because thats safe.

I am really sorry for your loss dude thats a lot of money i hope you can get it all back from the hackers.
MsCollec (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:28:24 AM

Sorry for ur lose bro.although I sympathy with u I also would like to point out u where also careless. U never actually told us which wallets u stored those coins in.were they in an excange,web,offline wallet.?did u have 2 factor authentication through sms or Google authenticator enabled, did u check ur wifi history at the time the coins were transferred from ur wallet.we have to know these things to try figure out what happen.even though it wont bring ur coins back but it will serve as an awareness or case study so some of us can learn from ur mistake and be more careful in the future

I use imtoken for mobile access /myetherwallet for web(i was careful with url and even bookmarked it), the portfolio is all ico coins and the wallet serves as hot wallet. So i moved my priv keys around alot due to network congestion during icos. (Android keyboard saves keystroke )

ETH wallet doesnt have 2FA even the wallet password is useless.

My mistake, not moving coins out to offline wallet and not buying a travel data pass while on trip. Even the house wifi that i stayed in has weak router password/encryption so it could be the neighbors  
sam202020

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 09:45:51 AM

Sorry to hear that, that's a huge amount of cash.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: