Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:57:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What country do you think will recognize Bitcoin as an official currency?  (Read 2074 times)
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:24:32 PM

I do not think there will be a country that applies bitcoin as its currency, because the negra already has its own currency, maybe bitcoin as an alternative payment and investment

I believe this is what will happen. Countrys have there own traditional currency and nobody will really capture the bitcoin as there real currency because it doesn't work like that. Currency is completely different thing. The money that flows within the nation or outside the nation is circulated with market cap which is way way way bigger than all the 21 million bitcoin together. Just imagine how much money is generated everyday in the RB and how much is really needed to recirculate. It's completely different thing than virtual currency. So I'm speculating that no country will really or won't be accepting it as officially currency.

Though Japan may have already accept it as a currency still JPY is still their national or official currency. I agree with you that no country will make it as their official/national currency because there is already an existing one which is fiat and it would be hard to exclusively use bitcoin as a currency because many people would have difficulty in accessing it because of the lack of tools needed. Those old people who doesn't even use a computer which has been existing for a long time already would have difficulty especially and those that have no gadgets as well would be struggling in accessing it. Bitcoin would be recognize as a digital currency thus making it as payment option but it would not be able to totally eliminate fiat.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:27:42 PM

I think tech giants like South Korea, Japan, and America will be the first countries to embrace bitcoin as an official cuurency. It will start as the official currency for online and digital transactions and then in the latter years of its development, it will envelop the country as a whole and the primary currency for purchase of all goods.

redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:48:06 PM

I think for bitcoin to be a real currency, government have to accept it first.

So I ask what country do you think will recognize it as a currency?

Well, if me and my family use potatoes as currency in our house. It is a currency. Government has no power over us if we stick to what we believe in and fight for it. They are powerless if people open their eyes.

None that i know of, some may be on the process of accepting cryptos.
But one thing im sure of is that majority hates cryptos and will find ways to make it permanently illegal.
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:24:43 PM

Japan, Canada, South Korea, Philippines and some democratic countries, some of them already recognize it and some have doubts, the majority are all bitcoin free countries that have some regulation in terms of the ICO and some exchanges as the fraud and criminality are vulnerable because btc is the currency of anomity. To accept it as a real currency, the government should make a regulation or a system without compromising the primary attributes of the bitcoin by making the it safer and efficient to use as the criminals will tend to use it for their illegal transaction.
This is just a matter of time that will decide this thing. It is going to be something really interesting to see and listen. I think that it will be France who will be taking this step in the near future.

The reason being there are the more number of investors and traders of Bitcoin in France as compared to all other countries in the world. Moreover, their Government is also planning to help those investors and traders.

KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 08:02:30 PM

Yes it's a next step for bitcoin to recognized by government, Since it has massive growth in crypto currency market. And most of the countries are interested in block chain technology and accepting crypto currency like bitcoin, but still they are not strong enough to prioritize this since it may affect their fiat currency. Japan has already started accepting and they are fast enough with block chain technology. All the countries should come forward and accept bitcoin for some retail transaction in the beginning.
betMaster

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:08:30 PM

I don't think any country will really recognize bitcoin as it's principal and main currency for many obvious reasons such as volatility and limitation of world supply . Moreover those country will be deprived from taxes payed by citizens . The lack of accessibility of people to bitcoin is another obstacle to face specially the elderly and the youngsters . It may minimize the charges that governments spend on the cash and it's storage and be effective against corruption but it's value changing every second won't ever let it be an official currency for any country .
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:18:34 PM

Yes i strongly agree that in order to be recognise the government should accept it first, a lot of country has already uses and practicing crypto currencies like bitcoin.The united states has the highest bitcoin users/traders because they have the silicon valley which is the home of cryptocurrency, they have the highest in terms of bitcoin ATM and the pioneer of digital currency. i believe that time comes as the world is now at a digital age the US will recognise bitcoin as their currency.

Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:25:37 PM

What is your definition of currency? Japan already accepts Bitcoins as a legal form of payment, though that may not fit your definition completely. No country has really come close to that as far as I know.
There is a difference between a currency and a digital one. As a matter of fact, bitcoin is a digital currency. It is an intangible one. I think that is what he meant on his post. He wanted to know if bitcoin is tangible like any other currency in some countries. Added to that, Japan might have recognized bitcoin, but it is not its official currency, it is just, as you said, a form of payment. I do not think it interferes with other stuff.
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:39:42 PM

I agree Japan may recognize bitcoin as its official currency seeing how it support bitcoin it seems that this country is prepared in this kind of era and that the government like the idea of cryto currency. I will not be surprise is the biggest ownership of bitcoin will come from this country.
iyan33

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:09:08 PM

I agree Japan may recognize bitcoin as its official currency seeing how it support bitcoin it seems that this country is prepared in this kind of era and that the government like the idea of cryto currency. I will not be surprise is the biggest ownership of bitcoin will come from this country.

japan has long recognized and declared the legality of bitcoin as the official digital currency in their country, and I think they should experience more advanced bitcoin growth when compared to some other countries that have bitcoin legalization.
wahb

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:37:46 PM

I do not think there will be a country that applies bitcoin as its currency, because the negra already has its own currency, maybe bitcoin as an alternative payment and investment
I think japan will take this owner to make bitcoin as its official currency because the japan economy is fully independent that’s why they free to take decisions. As japan have the world largest export and the world best technology of consumable items like TV. Laptop, computer motor car so if the announce this as their official currency and offer the world trade with them in bitcoin then there will be no power to stop bitcoin from becoming the global currency.
Hazaki

Activity: 406
Merit: 156

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:50:31 PM

I think the 1st countries that will approve bitcoin are those deeply affected with inflation , and by accepting bitcoin they will be able to get a currency that is much more powerful and valuable than theirs . And when using it they'll have huge profits and maybe do good by their economic system and improve the spending scale of it's citizens , so 3rd world countries are the ones concerned the more with such decisions .
MiF

Activity: 1344
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 11:58:55 PM

No country will Smiley . All the countries will trust their own currency rather then depending on a currency whose price fluctuates a lot and even takes alot of time to confirm sometimes . So why to use such a currency when every country has its own well established currency

I believed it will be Japan because they have all the reasons to do so like they are proudly creator of Bitcoin because Mr. Satoshi is a Japanese then their economy is much progressing than before after bitcoin was accepted in the market. I think their government  is already starting the process to make it possible to replace their Yen currency.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:02:39 AM

Although some countries already recognized Bitcoin as a currency i do not think a country or a government will recognize Bitcoin as their official currency. They will not eat their pride and most likely if they will move to digital currency they will create their own. Right now I know that some countries
 are studying crypto currency and maybe in the near future a first coin will be  released by a government.

Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:54:59 AM

Bitcoin is a real currency, the only hindrance for that if government of a particular country accepted Bitcoin as a currency that they can accept as mode of payment by their citizen. There are many countries that really accept Bitcoin and recognized by their government and some of them are Japan, South Korea, many countries in Europe and Canada, USA and some parts of Latin America. Some countries have free access to Bitcoin but some of them also are not recognized as a currency they can call, I wish it will be recognized worldwide.
malika

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:31:00 AM

I guess that would be Japan because they are in the next steps of letting the retailers in the country to accept bitcoin as payment in transaction and being a high technology country it is very possible to implement the adoption of bitcoin to all its residents.

PlayBets.io  •  Decentralized Platform with Mass Gambling Games  •  PlayBets.io
Closed Pre-Sale 15 December[JOIN NOW!]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ •  [FB]  ▬▬▬  [TW]  ▬▬▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [KC] • ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
palensya

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:07:49 AM

For me its Japan because when it comes to crypto currency Japan is very vocal in using it in their country and in fact it would be used by lots of retailers based in japan in accepting payment trabsactions. So i think Japan will be the first country will recognize bitcoin as an official currency.

jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:19:44 AM

Bitcoin is a real currency, the only hindrance for that if government of a particular country accepted Bitcoin as a currency that they can accept as mode of payment by their citizen. There are many countries that really accept Bitcoin and recognized by their government and some of them are Japan, South Korea, many countries in Europe and Canada, USA and some parts of Latin America. Some countries have free access to Bitcoin but some of them also are not recognized as a currency they can call, I wish it will be recognized worldwide.
Exactly this. Bitcoin does not need to be accepted by a government to be considered a "legitimate currency" or anything of that sort. If countries do start adopting bitcoin as a legal currency or even their official currency, then great. If not, it's not really a worry since bitcoin is global and decentralized anyway.

If we're talking about the first country to do this then i'd say definitely Japan or Korea.

Lots of new ideas in these two asian countries, and a lot of bitcoin trading done their already. Especially Japan.
hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:25:03 AM

The first country that came to mind is japan then Singapore. As for Singapore, ICO investors have been eying it as a possible 'replacement' for china when they have banned ICOs there last few months. If they become open enough in crypto, there's a high chance that they would recognize bitcoin as an official currency.
bestluck

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:38:40 PM

The first country that came to mind is japan then Singapore. As for Singapore, ICO investors have been eying it as a possible 'replacement' for china when they have banned ICOs there last few months. If they become open enough in crypto, there's a high chance that they would recognize bitcoin as an official currency.
Whoever will accept it as national currency will progress more as compare to rest of world, whether Japan or Singapore both have hold on the bitcoin market and they are developed countries and if any of them do so there will be everyone wanting to go there in these countries and earn as much as he can and I am sure bitcoin will not let that country down which will make it national coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: