Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:34:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What country do you think will recognize Bitcoin as an official currency?  (Read 2075 times)
Lena_Storifier

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:06:56 PM

No country will. Best case-issue national cryptocurrency

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zenithar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:56:12 PM

No country would be ready to accept bitcoin as a currency instead of its national currency.Only thing which a country could do is to legalize bitcoin and allow it also to be accepted with its own currency.

Japan has already legalized bitcoin and Australia has already announced that it would treat bitcoin as money on july 1,2017.Liberland, a small multi nation has also made bitcoin as its national reserve currency.Vietnam is getting ready to legalize bitcoin within next year.

India may legalize it within next few months.I think that US and china would never and ever legalize bitcoin as they both see bitcoin as a direct threat to their own national currencies.
As I have heard 1vietanam is the first country who have started bitcoin acceptance as a legal currency in their local markets. And I think they will be the first to announce bitcoin as their regular currency for all kind of buying and selling. Many other countries like South Africa, Russia and India have also started trading in bitcoin in their local markets and the next I think is United Kingdom.
andylowe

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:02:19 AM

I think for bitcoin to be a real currency, government have to accept it first.

So I ask what country do you think will recognize it as a currency?
No, I don't think any country will do that. Government will always go against it. Due to its decentralization it is hard to control and that bothers the government the most. There own local currency will always remain a currency for every country. But despite all that, many people chase bitcoin in the future . I don't really know for sure how governments would act if that time will come.I'm still hoping for the best for bitcoin though. For me, it is unstoppable!:)
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:32:10 AM

I think plenty of countries had already accepted bitcoin lets say legal currency as what others imposed. They actually could use it not just in exchange but in other transactions that usually use fiat as payment. Japan for example. I am not sure if Sweden and Korea tend to do use bitcoin as legal currency as of the moment though.

not many countries now recognize bitcoin as an official currency and i think its still too far to hope this because bitcoin need to solve the main problem first then maybe government will accepting bitcoin as payment. but if you say japan, i think it could be the first as we know that japan approve bitcoin and the government is allowing people for using bitcoin. i think in japan there is local store that already accepting bitcoin as payment but it doesn't mean that japan will be the first country that will make bitcoin as currency.
you says about japan .japan are not first country who accept bitcoin local currency they use only bitcoin look at all country’s they using bitcoin but not make a country currency bitcoin is a digital currency which use any were any place we use bitcoin for trading of investing money of profit
Exactly Japan seems more enthusiastic about legalizing bitcoin properly so that it can be said as official currency of the country. There are few other countries like US, UK and few more who have legalized it to some extent and progresses are going on there too. But yes Japan will be doing it in near future and they will make some amazing inventions.
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:02:32 AM

The first country that came to mind is japan then Singapore. As for Singapore, ICO investors have been eying it as a possible 'replacement' for china when they have banned ICOs there last few months. If they become open enough in crypto, there's a high chance that they would recognize bitcoin as an official currency.
Yes its true there are some countries like Korea, japan, Australia who accept bitcoin officially but I believe there are a lot of some countries who have accepted bitcoin in their country but they accepted it secretly I don’t know what is the reason behind this but I am sure they in coming time they will disclose bitcoin officially in their country.
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:09:29 AM

First of all, Bitcoin will be accepted by banks, and then some country can accept it as an official currency. Without doubt, most BTC users are in USA, but USA will not accept Bitcoin in nearest future. Most probably some small countries can accept Bitcoin, like Bahamas or Seychelles. And then we can wait for larger countries, like Canada or Sweden.  Grin
No matters which country will take initiative the thing which will matter is the economic growth of that country and that country will lead the economy of world single handedly, and more chances of japan are being predicted that it will be considering it as to make national currency and many believes that japan will be more developed as compared to now.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:20:37 AM

we cannot determine right now which country will recognize and use it as a real currency, there should be a country that will fully accept it like a legal tender . as of now it's really far from reality that there would be a nation that will use as currency which apparently like a traditional money due to its usual problems.
ArrogantPeacock

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:11:00 PM

We should be happy the government will recongnize it as a currency at all.. not to speak of "official" though. BTC can never be official by definition, because it's decentralized and can't therefore be attributed to a specific thing to be considered "official". Why would governments do this anyway? They have their own interests by issuing fiat and regulating the flow of money (which makes sense) and they need that mechanism to "set" the economy on the right track.
Bitcoincole

Merit: 102

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:36:12 PM

We should be happy the government will recongnize it as a currency at all.. not to speak of "official" though. BTC can never be official by definition, because it's decentralized and can't therefore be attributed to a specific thing to be considered "official". Why would governments do this anyway? They have their own interests by issuing fiat and regulating the flow of money (which makes sense) and they need that mechanism to "set" the economy on the right track.

I think Japan is the one who recognize bitcoin as the second official currency in his country but still JPY is national currency by the government. Thus the government in Japan supported all  basis of payment as an option to a better faster transaction.
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:05:55 PM

i see the latest news, japan has licensed the bitcoin. when the Chinese government banned bitcoin activity, after a while later, japan officially licensed the bitcoin.
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:40:12 PM

I think first world countries will for sure be one of the pioneers when it comes to recognizing Bitcoin as an official currency. Estonia, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Australia and South Korea are some of the few countries that are considered to be "Bitcoin-friendly". These countries are known for embracing anything that promotes innovative techniques for advancement and soon enough there will come a day that these countries will have Bitcoin as one of their currencies.
arnux

Activity: 100
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:42:06 PM

United states or United Kingdom. These two have a big following as well as events each month about bitcoin.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:47:18 AM

The first country that came to mind is japan then Singapore. As for Singapore, ICO investors have been eying it as a possible 'replacement' for china when they have banned ICOs there last few months. If they become open enough in crypto, there's a high chance that they would recognize bitcoin as an official currency.
They are already recognizing bitcoin as a currency and trust me that is how it will stay. Official currency is a very long thing to what any developed country may want to do right now. I don’t know about third world countries or the rest, but every government will want something they can control and in this sense, bitcoin obviously isn't.

This will only make most countries legalize it and make use of it as a secondary currency alongside the fiat usage as primary currency. Moreover, to make a currency official, a whole lot must be considered.
BitcoinCommodor

Merit: 106

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:55:21 AM

I think plenty of countries had already accepted bitcoin lets say legal currency as what others imposed. They actually could use it not just in exchange but in other transactions that usually use fiat as payment. Japan for example. I am not sure if Sweden and Korea tend to do use bitcoin as legal currency as of the moment though.

not many countries now recognize bitcoin as an official currency and i think its still too far to hope this because bitcoin need to solve the main problem first then maybe government will accepting bitcoin as payment. but if you say japan, i think it could be the first as we know that japan approve bitcoin and the government is allowing people for using bitcoin. i think in japan there is local store that already accepting bitcoin as payment but it doesn't mean that japan will be the first country that will make bitcoin as currency.
you says about japan .japan are not first country who accept bitcoin local currency they use only bitcoin look at all country’s they using bitcoin but not make a country currency bitcoin is a digital currency which use any were any place we use bitcoin for trading of investing money of profit
This is very hard to comment anything on. There are so many countries who are showing a lot of interest in bitcoin and they are planning for very positive steps in order to promote bitcoin in their countries and amongst the people. France, I believe will take the lead amongst all other countries and they will recognize bitcoin as their official currency in the near future.

topvmax

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:58:28 AM

i think soon half of the the countries in the world will accept bitcoin as a virtual currency. because in asia some of the prominent or powerful countries accept bitcoin already like japan, south korea, australia, india. these are some of the countries that adapt bitcoin already. soon all the 3rd world country will adapt it also all the powerful countries in terms of financial industry Smiley Grin

nesty

Activity: 518
Merit: 184

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:34:11 AM

The first country that comes on my mind is Japan. Bitcoin is already established in this country and they are already implementing acceptance of bitcoin in purchases in the retailer stores.

n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:35:37 AM

I do not know yet the country that completely legalized bitcoin. There are countries that have adopted it and vice versa prohibit it. The closest thing to this I think is Japan, progress there is already very fast and in the next 5 years I think everything will happen.
What is the difference between legalizing something and adopting it? What makes the government of a country adopt the usage of something in the first place ?

Legalization is giving the permission for usage by law which gives every citizen the confidence to make use of it. Most countries do not have a specific decision yet on bitcoin but that does not make it illegal as people can still make use of it. However, once declared illegal, that makes it against the law and usage by anyone will be dealt with, but a country declaring their adoption apparently makes it legal.
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:16:34 PM

I think Japan, the inventor of bitcoin satoshi nakamoto comes from japan, and of course japanese government more respect so that can make bitcoin as an official currency.
Because the name sounds Japanese ?
LOL … No one knows the identity of Satoshi Nakomoto and he has decided to remain anonymous apparently forever. So it could be anybody and where you got your information from that he is from Japan is what I do not know.

You think if there is someone really bearing such name, his identity wont have been gotten since? Don't be surprised if Satoshi is a group of people or he is even from Antarctica. Grin
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:24:48 AM

The first country that comes on my mind is Japan. Bitcoin is already established in this country and they are already implementing acceptance of bitcoin in purchases in the retailer stores.
Japan as well as Singapore is also on list and more chances are to japan because they are now securing huge benefits from the bitcoin as compared to any other region Japanese are the wise nation and they believe in development and development will come due to this revolutionary bitcoin, and if this will happen everyone will want to go there to earn such valuable coin.
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:31:09 AM

no. bitcoin will not be a countries official currency, but a country can recognize bitcoin just like any other fiat currency.

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: